Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:32 am 

We make special art in an environment hostile to dreamers<br>                             -to Jazziz Magazine January, 1989

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:01 pm 

The Best:<br><br>Information is not knowledge,<br>knowledge is not wisdom,<br>wisdom is not truth,<br>truth is not beauty,<br>beauty is not love,<br>love is not music,<br>music is the best,<br>wisdom is the domain for the wis... which is extinct,<br>beauty is a french phonetic coruption of a short neck ornament, currently in resurgence.<br><br> ;D[glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow]

truth is not beauty
beauty is not love
love is not music
music is the best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:25 am 

Is there not a quote which goes something along the lines of....<br><br>Interviewer: "You have long hair, does that make you a woman?"<br>FZ: "Well you have a wooden leg, does that make you a table?"<br><br>I read this somewhere, but cannot remember where.<br>Am I right, or are the voices in my head playing up again?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:38 pm 

I'm using the chicken to measure it<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:07 am 

[quote author=DH link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=30#30 date=02/11/03 at 05:25:04]Is there not a quote which goes something along the lines of....<br><br>Interviewer: "You have long hair, does that make you a woman?"<br>FZ: "Well you have a wooden leg, does that make you a table?"<br><br>I read this somewhere, but cannot remember where.<br>Am I right, or are the voices in my head playing up again?[/quote]<br><br>You are right DH, it's a legitimate quote and there's a detailed discussion of it somewhere on this forum...unfortunately I can't remember where, but I think it has to do with "great comeback lines" or something...a little help here.............anyone?..................<br>..........................anyone?..........................<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:28 pm 

'consider for a moment any beauty in the name ralph' (why his kids aren't named ralph)

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 04, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:43 pm 

"Coolness and Cuteness are just elements of stupidity"<br><br>"Hydrogen doesn't make up most of the universe, it's stupidity"<br><br>Can't pull the quotes out of my arse right now, but they are "generally attribrituble" To, or paraphrased from ....Uncle Frank !<br><br>JW Foust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:51 pm 

Just Re read all of the previous...They're Great, We all know they're great, but....just to keep us all humble, does anybody remember this quote?....<br><br>"If your children realize how REALLY lame you are, they'll MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!!!!"<br><br>I think we should ALL keep that in mind.<br><br>Good night Boys & Girls...<br>JW Foust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:55 am 

[quote author=The_F_Muffin link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=0#14 date=12/15/02 at 04:50:29]"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they will murder you in your sleep."<br><br>I never fully appreciated this one until I had teens of my own.[/quote]<br><br>My favorite quote is<br>"Tax the churches, tax the businesses owned by the Churches.<br>Mike ;D<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:30 am 

After All<br><br>I am Bwana Dik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:17 pm 

I remember when Flo & Eddie left frank after he got hurt by that asshole who knocked him off the stage (glad they left). Some reporter asked Frank about Mark Volman. Frank said something like "Mark Volman is a good singer, and an outstanding fat person"<br><br>That made me laugh  ;D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:52 pm 

I just fit this FZ quote into a paper I'm doing for a philosophy class:<br><br>"Certain people buy into [other people's beliefs] because they don't want to rock the boat. Unfortunately, adaptation of this sort requires that the adaptee willingly destroys his own personality.<br> If you end up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mother, your father, your priest, to some guy on television, to any of the people telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it."<br><br>For anyone who's curious, my paper is on the topic of epistemic justification of beliefs. I thought this fit in nicely. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:31 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=30#43 date=03/30/03 at 20:52:42]I just fit this FZ quote into a paper I'm doing for a philosophy class:<br><br>"Certain people buy into [other people's beliefs] because they don't want to rock the boat. Unfortunately, adaptation of this sort requires that the adaptee willingly destroys his own personality.<br> If you end up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mother, your father, your priest, to some guy on television, to any of the people telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it."<br><br>For anyone who's curious, my paper is on the topic of epistemic justification of beliefs. I thought this fit in nicely. ;)[/quote]<br>P.S. Got my essay back. Another "A"! Woo Hoo! Validation!<br><br>Image<br><br>It's just goes to show: For almost any major point that I need to make, somewhere, Frank has already helped me word it.<br><br>And If not Frank, then someone from "The Simpsons" :D<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:53 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=45#45 date=04/10/03 at 02:21:36]<br><br>[move]We're all so proud of u!!!![/move][/quote]<br><br>Thanks ZF!  :-*<br><br>My professor commented that he found the Zappa quote interesting. <br>Since we are now discussing whether or not God is real, I gave him a copy of the lyrics to "The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing."  ;D<br>It appears he's becoming a new Zappa fan!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:38 pm 

"Tengo Na Mincha Tanta"<br>I don't know what it means, but I like it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next