Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:49 pm 

"Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?"<br><br>"...I  can sing only about an octave, with 75% to 80% pitch accuracy. Let's be honest about it, friends 'n neighbors: with specs like that, I couldn't even pass an audition to get in my own band."<br><br>"My lyrics are dumb. So what?"<br><br>"To be able to write a piece of music and hear it in your head is a completely different sensation from the ordinary listening experience."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:52 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=quotes;num=1035992364;start=45#50 date=04/15/03 at 02:43:03]<br><br><br>:-[ Think, we'd better not tell ya then :-[........ :P [/quote]<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:18 pm 

Jazz is not dead....it just smells funny

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:23 pm 

He (Barney Frank congressman) is a great role model for  young gay men all across america.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:57 pm 

"I FIGURE THE ODDS BE FIFTY-FIFTY!" ;D<br><br>Not much of a quote though... :P

http://http://invisionfree.com/forums/Floydian_Forums/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:11 am 

My favorite of Frank's quotes is either the quote from "Jewish Princess" in "Catholic Girls" or the quote from "Sinister Footwear" in "Wild Love".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:56 am 

May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.<br><br>For some real personal satisfaction, try yelling out your own names.<br><br>Producing satire is kind of hopeless because of the literacy rate of the American public.<br><br>The people of your century no longer require the service of composers.<br>A composer is as useful to a person in a jogging suit as a dinsoaur turd in the middle of his runway.<br><br>Here I stand hoping against hope that it's a chick with a low voice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:34 pm 

Stupidity has a certain charm -- ignorance does not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:00 pm 

I like this one...<br><br>PERSON: "So, Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"<br><br>FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"<br><br>Wish I knew what interview that was from.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:28 am 

"Composers make music, not musicians."  

"I don't have a problem with gay marriage, let them suffer like the rest of us" - Chris Rock

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:29 am 

"Who wants to go through life with a tiny nose and a white glove on one hand??"   FZ

"I don't have a problem with gay marriage, let them suffer like the rest of us" - Chris Rock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:38 pm 

I saw this in a photo of FZ and he was wearing a badge that said "YOU COME FIRST".<br>Appart from the obvious sexual connetations I like the abiguous nature of that statemant.<br>It doesn't say "I COME FIRST". Rather "YOU" or perhaps it's a collective "YOU". Either way doesn't matter but "What the Fuck..."<br><br>I'm sure if Frank were still with us he'd be saying...<br><br>"The nect time George W Bush is on the television, sit your child down in front of it and tell him 'If that man offers you candy, wants you to get in his car or tells you to go and fight in Iraq tell him NO!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:40 pm 

"Thanks to our schools and political leadership,<br>the U.S. has acquired an international reputation<br>as the home of 250 million people dumb enough to<br>buy 'The Wacky Wall-Walker.'"<br>

"a student is not a tangerine"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:51 pm 

I'm thinkin' that it's either:<br><br>"Information is not knowledge<br>Knowledge is not wisdom<br>Wisdom is not truth<br>Truth is not beauty<br>Beauty is not music<br>Music is the best"<br><br>(i think i got that right...)<br><br>or  "Revolution is just this year's flower power."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:10 pm 

[center]You Will Only Hear,..[/center]<br><br>[center]10 SONGS A DAY[/center]<br><br>[move]for the rest of yer life...[/move]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:12 am 

When Ben Watson asked FZ what he thought about academics studying his music and lyrical subject matter he said:<br><br>"I think they should get a real estate license."<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:56 pm 

I like:<br><br>"Zank you very much." <br><br>After hearing Tinseltown Rebellion I started saying that too. He says that quote four times on the album.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next