Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 341  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 pm 

I guess I've been busy.
every day it's been somethin different.
go help a friend move, go see a brother in the hospital, get and give a gift to someone who's ailing, surprise somebody.
I made a conscious choice to spend more time with folks this year and not be such a hermit. People like it and I have to force myself to see my time is just that valuable :wink:
it's workin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:43 pm 

I ride my bicycle to work everday and today I think I saw about one of the last wack things people do in cars...

I'm sitting at a 4-way stop taking a breather. This christmas vacation type shithole truck pulls up beside me with a rather zombie-like driver. Mullet and all that stuff.

A Buick pulls up AFTER the truck on his left perpedicular to us. The Buick decides to go first --- completey in the wrong ---

The guy in the truck decides to lay his horn down full blow and doesnt let up... THEN --- HE DRIVES OUT INTO THE INTERSECTION AND STRAIGHT INTO THE BUICK. I think just to prove his point of being in line first. I then ride my bike out into the middle and take a look at the carnage laughing as I go in disbelief... the truck driver is sitting there with a stone cold straight face with both hands on the wheel like he was truely brain-dead. I guy in the Buick is having a shit fit and trying to figure out what happened.

I felt bad for the Buick but the dumbass tried to steal a turn! haha. The guy in that truck must have been loaded on something.

Anyway... hope the ride home tonight isnt as eventful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:48 pm 

Raoul Duke wrote:
i put a 70 dollar jack kerouac book on lay buy

There is a telegram waiting for you at the front desk Mr. Duke! Say hello to Ralph S for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:18 pm 

Sister's getting married to a polish guy who likes Rush :)

Post subject: Today
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:01 pm 

Rode my bike to Spanish class today. Can't understand a thing! Again! Then had lunch--took a walk after lunch--it was around 70 degrees. Beautiful! Then I started watching the BCS game and got bored so I changed the channel. Pretty dull, really. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:10 pm 

"I woke up this morning..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:43 pm 

I saw a Japanese guy's ass and then he played a guitar solo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:59 pm 

I saw Ohio State get beat to a pulp by the Florida Gators in Arizona on national television 41-14,, "tee hee",,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:15 pm 

Phlakaton wrote:
Raoul Duke wrote:
i put a 70 dollar jack kerouac book on lay buy

There is a telegram waiting for you at the front desk Mr. Duke! Say hello to Ralph S for me!

i shot ralph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:22 pm 

Newspaper round, waved goodbye to my father and I'll be home alone for a coupla days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:04 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
I ride my bicycle to work everday and today I think I saw about one of the last wack things people do in cars...

I'm sitting at a 4-way stop taking a breather. This christmas vacation type shithole truck pulls up beside me with a rather zombie-like driver. Mullet and all that stuff.

A Buick pulls up AFTER the truck on his left perpedicular to us. The Buick decides to go first --- completey in the wrong ---

The guy in the truck decides to lay his horn down full blow and doesnt let up... THEN --- HE DRIVES OUT INTO THE INTERSECTION AND STRAIGHT INTO THE BUICK. I think just to prove his point of being in line first. I then ride my bike out into the middle and take a look at the carnage laughing as I go in disbelief... the truck driver is sitting there with a stone cold straight face with both hands on the wheel like he was truely brain-dead. I guy in the Buick is having a shit fit and trying to figure out what happened.

I felt bad for the Buick but the dumbass tried to steal a turn! haha. The guy in that truck must have been loaded on something.

Anyway... hope the ride home tonight isnt as eventful.

that would bug me for a few days if that happened to me. glad ya didn't get hurt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:36 am 

half a sleep
birds in the pohutokawa trees
2 coffees
raining straight down
me and my daughter went around to my girlfriends place
dikkin on her poota
they played outside with the hose
son came around and dragged me away
went back to my place and grooved
mum was mellow
we sat in a couple of pokr tourneys
it was virgils b/day
me and lil dropped ike off there
cake and buds
we come home here

nuddaday .. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:31 pm 

stride wrote:
half a sleep
birds in the pohutokawa trees
2 coffees
raining straight down
me and my daughter went around to my girlfriends place
dikkin on her poota
they played outside with the hose
son came around and dragged me away
went back to my place and grooved
mum was mellow
we sat in a couple of pokr tourneys
it was virgils b/day
me and lil dropped ike off there
cake and buds
we come home here

nuddaday .. :lol:
stride wrote:
"me and my daughter went around to my girlfriends place
dikkin on her poota"
Hrmm! Just what was that you said??? :shock:

--Bat :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:59 pm 

I found out that no more root canals, crowns, bondings, etc. can be done on my upper teeth and I'll have to have them all pulled out (!) after all the $$$ I've put out to save them.
I've never had a right front tooth "snap off" while eating a Chinese spare rib and go down with it. SHIT! Of all teeth to lose within a fraction of a second it had to be that one! I'm not really inclined to go about smiling all day anyway (I am from somewhere!) but now I'm very guarded about letting my mouth open too widely these last two days and it'll be two weeks for the full denture to come in so Dr. E. can rip 'em all out and get the falsies right in.

Meanwhile I feel like a redneck from the Ozarks! I'll just have to git me some ratty, stinking bib overalls and one of those flannel undershirts so's I can match the rest of me with my new hole! :cry:

--Bat :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:08 am 

Poor Batty! All the best to you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:52 am 

That's a big bummer Bat. Get a second opinion?
But at the risk of sounding trite, remember when you lost teeth as a kid? When they were gone, tho it felt funny, you soon forgot about it, right?
same thing'll happen. You'll get a new routine of cleaning the falsies is the only real difference. As far as feeling like an old toothless fill-in-the-blank, no worries, the attitude will fall away . . . too. It's all in yer head. And if it doesn't, then you'll get more practice than some feeling old , which can be seen like a benefit :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:14 am 

"batty, take your teeth out, it'll be fine..."

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:44 pm 

well, it didn't happen today, it happened on friday last week. we got a cat.
she's six weeks old and she's just adorable. a bundle of fun.
we call her alley cat. 8)

(that's my left arm...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:47 pm 

nothing like a little pussy eh Lumpy,, ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:10 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

(that's my left arm...)

Lumpyyy!!! L'il alley cat is beautiful!!!! 8) She looks so content lying there!

I got two more kittens as well, they were found in a friend of a friends garden shed. My Mum has been syringe feeding them special milk, as theyre only 4 weeks old and far too young to be away from their mother. Theyre coming on great. Three of them were found, and my sister is taking one. I offered to take the other two to avoid any more stress for the little babbies. They're used to me now, so it would probably be less stressful for them after all they've been through. There are two boys and a girl, so we named them Stan, Billy and Elsie. Im taking Elsie and Stan, just as soon as they're old enough to cope.
Then the funny thing was, two days after we found those kitties, my Dad found an abandoned 12 week old kitty stuck up a tree. He rescued it and brought it home, so now my parents have 4 cats! They already had three of their own, but decided to keep this one as well. They named him Skipper! He's beautiful. I'll post some pics when I get a min. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:51 am 

first off batty, i'm so sorry about your dental hygiene delimma :wink: don't worry too much about the lose o' teefs. if you meet someone who really gets to you, just smile REAL wide and say, "have a nice day!" it should shut 'em up or have them scratching their heads. besides, you'll soon have a new set of choppers and can show 'em off without worries. i knocked out one of my front teeth and cracked off the other after my leather purse fell off my shoulder and got stuck in the spokes. it stopped the bike and i flew over the front, falling on the street, breaking the teeth, and getting a black eye...also knocking the wind out of me. boy, was i woozy. long walk home, but i had help from some nice people on the block. i had to have a root canal, a cap and a crown. so, i was as embarrassed as you for a day or two, but quickly forgot about it as soon as my new teeth went in.
i know you'll get used to the dentures, but i wonder why you have to have them all pulled--did'nt your dentist think this might happen? hope all goes well for you, pal, i'll be thinking of you. aspy girl! can't wait for the pics of new kittenins! you have a loving family that takes in so many aminals (yes, i say it like that sometimes) that may not have made it otherwise. st. aspy of assisi is thee! :lol: lumpy, that is one sweet lil kitty! all of you enjoy your new pets! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:26 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
I found out that no more root canals, crowns, bondings, etc. can be done on my upper teeth and I'll have to have them all pulled out (!) after all the $$$ I've put out to save them.
I've never had a right front tooth "snap off" while eating a Chinese spare rib and go down with it. SHIT! Of all teeth to lose within a fraction of a second it had to be that one! I'm not really inclined to go about smiling all day anyway (I am from somewhere!) but now I'm very guarded about letting my mouth open too widely these last two days and it'll be two weeks for the full denture to come in so Dr. E. can rip 'em all out and get the falsies right in.

Meanwhile I feel like a redneck from the Ozarks! I'll just have to git me some ratty, stinking bib overalls and one of those flannel undershirts so's I can match the rest of me with my new hole! :cry:

--Bat :roll:

Oh Batty, hope you manage to get it sorted soon, having had trouble with my teeth recently, I can totally sympathise with you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:27 am 

dove_grey wrote:
aspy girl! can't wait for the pics of new kittenins! you have a loving family that takes in so many aminals (yes, i say it like that sometimes) that may not have made it otherwise. st. aspy of assisi is thee! :lol: lumpy, that is one sweet lil kitty! all of you enjoy your new pets! :mrgreen:

Awww thanks dovey, nice words. Yep, between us all, we have brought many abandoned animals home over the years!! Hehe. Thats how we ended up with half the pets we have! I'll post the pics as soon as I can. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Lumpyyy!!! L'il alley cat is beautiful!!!! 8) She looks so content lying there!

dove_grey wrote:
lumpy, that is one sweet lil kitty! all of you enjoy your new pets! :mrgreen:

thanks, aspy and thanks, dove. yes, our alley cat is amazing and we're head over heels in love with her. we got her from my wife's daughter. her cat had four kittens in early december, and we asked her to pick one for us. she's down in texas (studying) and we're in maryland, and she couldn't come home for christmas, but last friday she got on a plane with the kitten in a little cat bag to deliver her to us.
my stepdaughter's name is allie, so that's why we call the kitten alley cat. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:02 pm 

edyrukidng wrote:
nothing like a little pussy eh Lumpy,, ????

Pussy power - hour by hour
Pussy power oh what a flower
I want to hold her close to me
cause pussy power's pulling me
Down
Down
Down
Down

iggy pop

8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 341  Next