Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 357  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:32 am 

"And now....this week's dedication. "Dear Kasey - I am a man who lives in California. I recently had the misfortune of losing my bicycle through thievery. It's been a painful period of adjustment in which I have gained weight. I've recently replaced my bicycle and hope I can find the courage to love this one as much as I did the last. And I'd like to dedicate this song to myself.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOUNEOEuaM

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:27 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Last week my niece had a baby. They quickly discovered the baby has a serious heart problem, that can only be fixed through open-heart surgery. Without the surgery, the baby will die.

To make matters worse, they're in Japan. The baby was born at a U.S. Naval hospital that doesn't have the facilities to perform this type of surgery. So they transferred him to a children's hospital in Yokohama. The problem is: neither my niece nor her husband speaks Japanese. They're having a hard time communicating with the hospital staff.

The surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning Japan time. I feel totally helpless thousands of miles away in California. I can't even imagine how my niece feels: she's almost as helpless as I am, and she's at the hospital.

So I'm watching and I'm waiting, hoping for the best...

Oh that's so sad! Here's hoping the akachan no kokoro will be allright...

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
"And now....this week's dedication. "Dear Kasey - I am a man who lives in California. I recently had the misfortune of losing my bicycle through thievery. It's been a painful period of adjustment in which I have gained weight. I've recently replaced my bicycle and hope I can find the courage to love this one as much as I did the last. And I'd like to dedicate this song to myself.""

Good one Cal hahahaha KK is gonna send you a Christmas card for that one....or at least hunt you down and buy you a beer... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Good one Cal hahahaha KK is gonna send you a Christmas card for that one....or at least hunt you down and buy you a beer... :lol:

If anyone can find him:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/13/showbiz/c ... vatorship/

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:43 am 

That's hilarious cal,
calvin2hikers wrote:

Must be a Canadian band.
No fly's on you cal! I was worried, but I see you pulled through in flying colours! :D

Dear Casey, I'm losing weight again and hope when they find you, they find my stolen bicycle too! There's no bike like your first bike.
I know you don't remember "borrowing" my bike, but I have a feeling that the bike and you are in the same place. Behind cals sofa. We're just waiting for the judge to sign the search warrant then we'll like know, fer sure, fer sure, ya know?
PS. Please don't let cal know we're on to him.
Thanks,
A long time listener who's not from a nondescript mid-western plain kinda' state where seldom is heard those discouraging words, "it is what it is". :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:48 am 

My weekend wounds are healing slowly for the most part. The bark rash will likely take the longest but I'll just be content when I don't have to peel my socks off my abraded ankles... Oh, and I also broke my bikechain in the first 5 minutes of the ride. It's the 2nd or 3rd time - I think it's time for a new one...

Our chimney is reborn, with no more collateral damage. So far. On the plus side, we're giving him a pass on replacing the table in exchange for a truckload of flagstone and a tent attachment for our new-to-us Aztek.

Trust me Bonny, if I had video of either the exploding table or my stunt riding I'd be happy to post them. :mrgreen:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:08 pm 

^ I'd love to see some vids of the foibles at your home Sam You Is. Maybe you should have one of those security cams going 24/7. You could be trending with a bullet right now! :lol:
That must have made a big assed scary noise that scared the doo-doo right outta yer wife I'd bet! Yikes!!! Glass tables outside never seemed like a good idea to me and I've got one on my porch! It was free so...there ya go. But I am rethinking it now, shame to just get rid of it ya know? At my old place one pinecone would have dropped through it like a cannon ball going through butter. :shock:

I'm glad no one was hurt and repairs are under way. :wink:

Now it's off to the PO and then to DMA. At least it's outta the heat. Riding my new bike is still fun. I make my own wind. < there's a joke there I know. Go for it if you think your that good! Mwahaha!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm 

Ooh that happened to me once. Not a hard fix, just a new link.

Found this today:
http://farleftside.com/2014/5-9-14-net-neutrality.html

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:58 pm 

Do you ever get a tiny part of a song stuck in your head and it drives you crazy trying to figure out where it's from? It's bad enough when you know what it is but when you only remember a few notes that aren't enough to identify the song it's really annoying. After about three days I finally figured it out: "The Sheltering Sky" by King Crimson.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:18 pm 

BBP wrote:
Ooh that happened to me once. Not a hard fix, just a new link.

Found this today:
http://farleftside.com/2014/5-9-14-net-neutrality.html

Frank will always be relevant! Nice find BP. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:13 am 

ReetyAwrighty wrote:
Do you ever get a tiny part of a song stuck in your head and it drives you crazy trying to figure out where it's from? It's bad enough when you know what it is but when you only remember a few notes that aren't enough to identify the song it's really annoying. After about three days I finally figured it out: "The Sheltering Sky" by King Crimson.

YES!
The same goes for stock instrumental music; fortunately, now that we have Internet, it's easy to find, but there's so much music that took me forever to find. Most recently that was with music I heard at some unknown's funeral: it was all watered through since there was a lot of distance between me and the speakers, and it was raining badly, but I remembered the notes and played it on my keyboard to remember. Finally found it half a year later on a film. Turned out it's by one of my favourite composers: Joe Hisaishi.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:04 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Last week my niece had a baby. They quickly discovered the baby has a serious heart problem, that can only be fixed through open-heart surgery. Without the surgery, the baby will die.

To make matters worse, they're in Japan. The baby was born at a U.S. Naval hospital that doesn't have the facilities to perform this type of surgery. So they transferred him to a children's hospital in Yokohama. The problem is: neither my niece nor her husband speaks Japanese. They're having a hard time communicating with the hospital staff.

The surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning Japan time. I feel totally helpless thousands of miles away in California. I can't even imagine how my niece feels: she's almost as helpless as I am, and she's at the hospital.

Six hours of surgery, but apparently it was successful. The baby's blood is all moving the right way now.

Best text-at-five-in-the-morning EVER...

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:44 am 

Yukata! Poor thing had me worried.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:09 am 

Hi! Domo MTF san. Glad to hear the babies blood is flowing the right way. Sounds funny when you say it like that, I mean, when was it flowing the wrong way? Is that even possible? Is that what they fixed? Reverse the plumbing? Either way, I'm glad they fixed it and hope the kid lives a long & healthy life!

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:50 am 

Good news, MTF.

And stop fiddling around with bikes, Sam - and at your age, too, honestly! :roll:
:wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:04 pm 

Yes, good news mtf.
Today my vehicle sprung a fuel leak - diesel spraying everywhere.
Took it to the garage, and they fixed it for free.
No flakes....
TT

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 pm 

I didn't know such kind hearts still existed in the South Midlands :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:05 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Glad to hear the babies blood is flowing the right way. Sounds funny when you say it like that, I mean, when was it flowing the wrong way? Is that even possible?

Yes, it's possible. The baby's aorta and pulmonary artery were switched, so that the oxygenated blood coming from the lungs was being sent back to the lungs, and the rest of his organs weren't getting any oxygen at all.

[rant]
What pisses me off now is that all these Jesus freaks are coming out of the woodwork and crowing about how the baby was saved by "the power of prayer." Right. So how come every single person born with this condition died from it - regardless of who prayed or how much - until about 25 years ago, when doctors developed a medical procedure to fix it? Now, 90% of people who have the procedure survive it. The rest still die from it.
[/rant]

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:52 pm 

Very good to hear the operation went well.

And, but also, tornadoes have destroyed lots of churches, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:44 pm 

Right on rant MTF! Terrible condition but cool they can fix it. Dog had nothing to do with it either. She was busy throwing the money changers outta the Midwest churches and southern states like cal sez. She's really been cleaning house over that way lately. :wink: :)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:54 pm 

Excellent rant, MTF...and so glad the wee one is doing well. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:04 am 

Meanwhile, here in my neck of the woods, Congress woman Lois Capps is running for office against a gent named Chris Mitchum. You know how you tune out political ads and then suddenly look up at one for no reason? Mr. Mitchum looks incredibly like actor Robert, from the eyes to the hair...I'm guessing it's his son. At least he's not trading on his famous lineage. Maybe because Chris is a Tea Party candidate, and Robert Mitchum probably would NOT have been. Oh yes, my '94 Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) Taurus died a horrible death.

Pulled up to my driveway and noticed smoke pluming out from under the hood and a flash of light under the car. Yes, I jumped out of there! Turned around and saw what turned out to be oil and coolant pouring out (head gasket blown) and a loose wire causing sparks and a bit of fire. Called the fire dept. and they made it all better, but the damage was done. It's since been towed ($300. bucks to me, thanks) and now I have a 2014 Ford (ruh-roh!) Fiesta....I likes it! It actually has get up and go and good gas mileage, okay monthly payments....but the insurance. Oy. At least it won't blow up on me....

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 am 

Robert Mitchum

Chris Mitchum

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:32 am 

Aw I miss the Caution! Not To Be Mixed Up! topic.

Very glad the baby is OK, MTF!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:01 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:

Six hours of surgery, but apparently it was successful. The baby's blood is all moving the right way now.

Best text-at-five-in-the-morning EVER...

Sorry I'm late, but glad to hear everything went well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338, 339 ... 357  Next