Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 352  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:57 am 

Sorry to hear that GG, labradors are wonderful dogs...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:50 pm 

Sorry to hear that Mr_Green_Genes. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:41 pm 

Thanks friends, even though it seems the right thing to do, it is hard, nevertheless...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:57 pm 

Had a another nice weekend with my Brazilian love affair. I think I like her very much ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 am 

My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Had a another nice weekend with my Brazilian love affair. I think I like her very much ... :D

Good Luck Fritz :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 pm 

Met a frog (or something similar) on today's mountain bike ride:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm 

Looks like a frog. Toads are absolutely massive - I only saw one once, but it was at least three times the size of any frog I'd ever seen. And it walked, rather than jumped.

Having a quiet day today (Pentecost being a holiday and with me living in the middle of nowhere), went to my sister in Amsterdam yesterday. It was hot and with my sun allergy I had to resort to gloves. But we went to a book shop and a few little book markets, and had dinner at a nice vegetarian restaurant. I brought back the 4-string fretless bass I borrowed her years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:55 pm 

BBP wrote:
Looks like a frog. Toads are absolutely massive - I only saw one once, but it was at least three times the size of any frog I'd ever seen. And it walked, rather than jumped.

Having a quiet day today (Pentecost being a holiday and with me living in the middle of nowhere), went to my sister in Amsterdam yesterday. It was hot and with my sun allergy I had to resort to gloves. But we went to a book shop and a few little book markets, and had dinner at a nice vegetarian restaurant. I brought back the 4-string fretless bass I borrowed her years ago.

Sun allergy BBP?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm 

Yeah I get nasty, itchy white bumps on my fingers.

There was a vicious storm out here yesterday - trees blew over in the neighborhood and all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Thanks friends, even though it seems the right thing to do, it is hard, nevertheless...

I had to put down our good dog Bella about 5 years ago, my younger daughter (her mommy) held her the whole way, absolutely heart wrenching.

We did it in our car at the country vet (so Bella wouldn’t be scared) and one of the assistance (that looked like she could play linebacker for the Packers) came to me after with her eye's all red from crying and said she never cried before in 12 years of doing this.

She said looking at Bella with her fixed eyes looking into my daughters eyes to the end just broke her heart.

My sympathies Mr.G… :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:38 am 

Ahhhhhhh completed a 24 hour shift.....back to the grind stone tomorrow.....good help is so hard to find....I know I know...cry me a river..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:00 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
Ahhhhhhh completed a 24 hour shift.....back to the grind stone tomorrow.....good help is so hard to find....I know I know...cry me a river..... :lol:

Be careful my friend we both know that is to many hours to work consecutively, I am in the safety depart (it is part of quality) and studies have been done that the ratio of productivity verses the risk of accident go through the roof after a 12 hour shift…be very careful. :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:43 pm 

Obama flew right over my head about an hour ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:14 pm 

^^^ As long as he didn't shit on you, you're ok. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:43 pm 

coevad wrote:
Obama flew right over my head about an hour ago.

W did the same thing to me, on 9/11.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:38 am 

This actually happened yesterday, but it was so freaky I can't get over it. My street is off a divided street that runs off the court square. In order to go to town, I have to cross a one way street that goes right only. Then I turn to the left on a one way street to go toward town. As soon as I turned to the left yesterday, a cop was coming straight at me. He hit his blue lights. The street is actually wide enough for him to pull up to me. He rolled his window down, and said "Sir, do you realize you are going the wrong way down a one way street?" I thought I was on some type of Candid Camera show. This kid was young enough to be my child, if I'd had one at an earlier age. My first thought was to be a dickhead, but I pushed that back. I said, "With all due respect sir, you're the one going the wrong way. This is a one way street in the direction I'm traveling." He stared at me with a blank face for about 10 seconds, and said "You're right sir. It's been a long day. You have a nice day." I said "You too" and we drove off. I watched him turn around in my rear view mirror.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:22 pm 

:) That's odd...

Not much happening here...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:33 am 

Just found this artist:
http://gilbert-legrand.com/sculptures.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:27 am 

Philostopher wrote:
This actually happened yesterday, but it was so freaky I can't get over it. My street is off a divided street that runs off the court square. In order to go to town, I have to cross a one way street that goes right only. Then I turn to the left on a one way street to go toward town. As soon as I turned to the left yesterday, a cop was coming straight at me. He hit his blue lights. The street is actually wide enough for him to pull up to me. He rolled his window down, and said "Sir, do you realize you are going the wrong way down a one way street?" I thought I was on some type of Candid Camera show. This kid was young enough to be my child, if I'd had one at an earlier age. My first thought was to be a dickhead, but I pushed that back. I said, "With all due respect sir, you're the one going the wrong way. This is a one way street in the direction I'm traveling." He stared at me with a blank face for about 10 seconds, and said "You're right sir. It's been a long day. You have a nice day." I said "You too" and we drove off. I watched him turn around in my rear view mirror.

:smoke:

There is a truism that is valid all over the world...."Cops always have the best dope"!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:45 pm 

Found out I'm getting a new central unit for cooling and heat. I'm sure it will be much more efficient than my old unit, so there should be some energy savings. Just have to wait until Friday for the installation, so right now it's 85 F in my house. I keep telling myself it will be all worth it though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:30 pm 

Sounds cool Philo' :lol: I hope they clean your filter(s) as well....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:54 pm 

On todays mountainbike trip i lost my telephone shortly after the beginning of the downward part. Fortunately there is a spring shortly after the beginning of the downhill, where i stop every time to refill my waterbottle, so i noticed the loss pretty quickly. So i pushed my bike upwards the path i came along for a few minutes till i found the phone (only a cheap dumb-phone, but i have lots phonenumbers memorized in it that i haven't secured elsewhere). The special incentive of the whole action was, that i could ride this section of the downhill twice.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm 

A couple of days ago a friend loaned me a DigiTech Whammy effects pedal to experiment with (guess what I'm buying next) what a machine...played (mostly the roxy sg) until I just couldn't play any more....And thats what I'm about to do again today :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 pm 

Got up way too early after I had a nightmare.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:27 am 

BBP wrote:
Got up way too early after I had a nightmare.

What a coincidence. Me too. Now, it's going to be a super long day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8780 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 352  Next