The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MySpace is a Cancer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 pm 
Banned

what a friggin waste of bandwidth.

99.9% of MySpace is pure crapola.

Al Gore should be shot for not banning this garbage from his internet.

The only thing worse than MySpace is blogs. Blogs are nothing but verbal flatulence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:27 pm 

I agree with all of the above.

"If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mother, your Dad, your priest, to some guy on television, to any of the people telling you how to do your shit, then you DESERVE it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:28 pm 

Everything is, as usual, behind the ones using Myspace or blog environment, rather than these environments themselves. If your myspace.com site or your blog is nothing but a vehicle for your own ego tripping vanity bullshit, then yeah, it can be said you contribute to cancerous spread of verbal flatulence. Some great bands however use Myspace.com. Heaven forbid, even Dweezil has a myspace site for ZPZ! Likewise, there are blogs with interesting subject matter. Some folks like to use blogs for writing about topics they feel passionate about. Can't see what's so wrong with that? If people find it interesting and insightful (and far from verbal flatulence), then why not enjoy them?

But of course, I really suspect that the topic starter just wanted to stir some controversy, as is his usual runt, as opposed to posing a legitimate concern about internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:31 pm 
Banned

Minimus,

I said 99.9% is garbage. Like the page of you jerking off your dog, or the guy skateboarding off the roof of his house. Or your homage to Slim Whitman, or Richard Simmons.

Blogs are ramblings, that get taken by the weak minded as fact. I'd guess you get all your news from blogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:33 pm 

More shit-stirring.

Next you're going to say YouTube is cancer.

Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:39 pm 
Banned

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
More shit-stirring.

Next you're going to say YouTube is cancer.

Can't wait!

It goes without saying.

Someone needs to come up with a filter for you tube, that eliminates all of the Jackass type stuff, and the teenie love crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:39 pm 
Banned

Oh....BTW.....some of your shit NEEDS STIRRING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:40 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Minimus,

I said 99.9% is garbage. Like the page of you jerking off your dog, or the guy skateboarding off the roof of his house. Or your homage to Slim Whitman, or Richard Simmons.

Blogs are ramblings, that get taken by the weak minded as fact. I'd guess you get all your news from blogs.

You don't have to see shit if you don't want to. If you see stuff that way, then recorded music is a cancer, because good musicians are a minority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:44 pm 
Banned

RUI wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:
Minimus,

You don't have to see shit if you don't want to. If you see stuff that way, then recorded music is a cancer, because good musicians are a minority.

From someone who was "on" the internet before there was Windoze, I have watched it become a huge pile of commercialized tripe, scattered with self absorbed individuals who think if they are ON IT, they are somehow famous. To the leading source of misinformation. To nothing more than Valium for the masses.

The internet has made it really easy to listen to shitty music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:55 pm 

Of course it has, but TV could do that before. Now you have equal chances of listening to shitty music and good music. You already know what you like, and if you don't, you search for it. That's the way it works, and I think it's great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:59 pm 

Right on RUI! I can't see how internet is any worse than radio or TV when it comes to shitty music. I can choose what internet content I can view and ignore the rest. Try ignoring the slime from the TV set without turning off/throwing away the TV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:08 pm 
Banned

I do not watch any TV that has commercials, with the exception of sports.

It is as bad or worse than the net. But....the net didn't used to be like that, until it became BIG MONEY and corporate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:10 pm 

It's kinda like T.V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:00 pm 

Myspace, as a promotional device, is great. I personally know bands who have gotten amazing amounts of exposure they otherwise would not have been able to receive without the internet, and been able to play shows they otherwise would not have been able to play, record where without that extra push they might not have been able to.

As a social networking tool, you can take it or leave it. I can see why people would use it but i have no use for it. If you're using myspace as a vehicle to express yourself as much as possible and spew your ego all over the place, that's a problem.

I would agree with Zombie's thing about 99.9% of the internet being bollocks. There are some really great things out on the internet that I love, but occasionally I'll realize how much absolute GARBAGE there actually is. 99.9% of the world is bollocks, though, so why would you expect the internet to be any different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:00 pm 

I don't really care about myspace, or shit on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:01 pm 

Zombie is right. Why he has to besmirch Slim Whitman though, I don't know.