Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:59 pm 

Trendmonger here,

I just felt it was time to sincerely send out an Open Letter Of Apology to all the members of the Zappa.com Forum. I realize that my commentary frequently requires tons of energy to even attempt to comprehend where I am coming from and no matter where I may be coming from on any given issue I come across as perceived with some domineering set the zappa fan on the right path according to Gary Titone philostophy.

Folks I honestly only tried to give my views but sometimes as I have by taking a step back you get to see things more clearly. And when I don't see it myself sometimes a friend politely lets me know. Even if I try to articulate myself by stating I am open to opinions and everyone deserves to have one I just dig in too deep on issues that many may just not have the energy for where I bring down the general good nature and intent of this forum.

As I withdraw and drown myself in The Fountain of The Big Note if I have offended anyone please accept my apology and enjoy Zappa in the way that is right for you.

Peace
:)

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:57 pm 
Banned

Trendmonger wrote:
Trendmonger here,

I realize that my commentary frequently requires tons of energy to even attempt to comprehend where I am coming from and no matter where I may be coming from on any given issue I come across as perceived with some domineering set the zappa fan on the right path according to Gary Titone philostophy.

I just felt it was time to sincerely send out an Open Letter Of Apology to all the members of the Zappa.com Forum.

Folks I honestly only tried to give my views but sometimes as I have by taking a step back you get to see things more clearly. And when I don't see it myself sometimes a friend politely lets me know. Even if I try to articulate myself by stating I am open to opinions and everyone deserves to have one I just dig in too deep on issues that many may just not have the energy for where I bring down the general good nature and intent of this forum.

As I withdraw and drown myself in The Fountain of The Big Note if I have offended anyone please accept my apology and enjoy Zappa in the way that is right for you.

Peace
:)

Add a necessary comma and/or period here and there, and it should be much less difficult to comprehend where you're coming from. Utilization of proper grammar and punctuation rules and techniques should help in making your posts concise and to the point.

Be careful.....ZFT may own exclusive use rights to the term "philostophy".

This seems like some kind of an apology, but I can't tell for certain for what. How about a specific apology to Eric Slick?

Don't go away. Why don't you stick around, and work on sentence construction, instead?.....and leave your ego at the door.

Sincerely, Gary, if you can successfully explain yourself in fewer words with a toned-down attitude, I think that your posts would be met with less resistance.

With the exception of the "philostophy" joke, I write this without sarcasm or any ill will held towards you.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:59 pm 
Banned

Apology accepted Trendy. Well from me at least. :roll: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:08 pm 

I'm just so confused by all this..... :? :x :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:03 am 

cool trendy and I'll second what jimmie said. You have such a wealth of knowledge and stories and yes, insight. But for me your zeal and tenacity does go on without getting farther or deeper, 'too deep' as you say. what jimmie said.
I was a bit of a jerk to you earlier today, tho that was after I'd gone away to work on something else and
sharpened my axe into a pencil. ;)
takes a big man to stand up and say I'm sorry. so, hats off, well met.
Be well. Music is the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:34 am 

I've been telling you for a year to write from the heart, because you can be quite charming when you do so. No one wants to read a Manifesto. I think it is nice that you wrote the above post. Sincerely, bp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:39 am 

Hello Trendy. I, jaypfunk, accept your apology even tho I still think you're an enormous penis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:16 am 

Aplogy accepted and I have no problem turning the page. However, there is a difference between offending and insulting. You did the former to a number of posters here. You did the latter to Mr. Slick and pretty much chased him away. He is a talented, working musician performing in the midst of Adrian Belew for chrissakes.

Before you type, ask yourself this, "How can I make this constructive?". End of sermon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 am 

Trendmonger here:

I hardly retained that it was time to frankly dispatch a letter open of the excuses to all the members of the platform of Zappa.com. One return account that mien I frequentent comment on request the tons of energy to even try to include/understand of which I come and does not import where I can come on very given edition come cross-piece as perceived with a certain domineering unit the ventilator from pickaxe on the course of right-hand side second Gary Titone philostophy. People tested honestly only give from my points of view but sometimes as I have by taking them at a point behind obtain to see the things more clearly. And when I do not see it sometimes even a friend leaves it nice knowledge. Even if I test to articulate myself that it declares ego am opened with the opinions and all one deserves to have one which I hardly dig in too in-depth on the editions that many cannot hardly have the energy for where I carry in bottom good general nature and the intention of this platform. Poichè I withdraw and I drown in the fountain of the large note if I have offenduto no matter who want to like my excuses and enjoy Pioche in the direction which is of right-hand side for you.

"Ya like horses?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 am 

Pygmy stallion - Looks like you sent Trend's letter through a zany ride on the babelfish site. Let me guess - English > French > English? 8)

In any case, a touching letter, Mr Titone. I look forward to reading your future posts. I usually agree in essence with what you have to say, but often am made to feel as if I don't. Keep em short and sweet and everyone should be happy. Welcome back! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:57 am 

feetlightup wrote:
Pygmy stallion - Looks like you sent Trend's letter through a zany ride on the babelfish site. Let me guess - English > French > English? 8)

English>Italian>French>English 8)

"Ya like horses?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:28 am 

"... I realize that my commentary frequently requires tons of energy to even attempt to comprehend where I am coming from ..."

No, not really Gary!

If you are sincere, welcome back. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:11 pm 

I think it's more your spelling that requires energy to understand! :D

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 pm 

A day late and a dollar short.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:14 pm 

I accept your apology too. Now who the hell are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:27 pm 

Apology accepted.

Although I was never personally offened by your posts ,maybe a bit entertained , a bit dazed and confused , a bit sleep induced , it still takes a man to admit he may have been a little over the top.

C'mon in , have a seat , and listen to others on this forum and their views for a change of pace.
Ya might learn something.....

knew you'd be surprised :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:09 pm 

Is it just me or is Trendmonger a condescending cunt? Oh, no, he's just better than everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:54 pm 

Trendmonger, is there a chapter of Literacy Volunteers anywhere in your area? If there is please contact them or have someone competent to do so contact them and engage their services before making your next post. I assure you that we'll all be the better for it.

--Bat :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:18 pm 

Apology accepted.

If the post is to long i normally give up. Excepted if it's from someone very interresting like GZ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 am 

I have been lurking and participating on this forum with a few different names for a few years now. I've always found it amusing and informative. It seems to me that there is something happening in the way we communicate with each other, not only this forum but forums in general. I don't like it but I could stand accused of what I am about to say.
Do you know how the media jumps on every little thing a politician says and mangles it beyound the original context of what was said. Politicians are so used to this that they need media consultants before they order lunch. Politicians should be scrutinized thats not what I'm on about here what I'm on about is how the media has taken the humour and human qualities out of our language.
I find the same thing to a lesser degree on forums, I lot of humour gets bashed out and things get taken the wrong way hence a lot of good threads go to the dogs because somebody gets sooooo ofended. We all comunicate in English but we all live in different countries maybe that has something to do with it. Writting is not like speaking, good writters write like their talking, even then it can take some skill to get the gist across to a large audience Frank could do it with a snork.
So Trendy has said he's sorry, I like that in a bloke even if I don't like the bloke. Not a lot of people in this world would do that. We all I can safely asume love the music of FZ not alot of people do but I think just enough did. So we're a minority in this big ugly world why the fuck all the fighting. I just wanted to say this because I think the vaults are about flood, their starting to get the work flow down of getting stuff out and we are going to have quality concerts at our finger tips.
Plus I feel that Roxy will out very soon because it makes good business sense now but I'm going to put that on another thread. It can't happen here.
Enough said I gotta go drive a bus, make of this what you will. :)

Last edited by otto on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:59 am 

I'd have to say that Trendmonger might just deserve the award for single-post-generating-avalanche-of-subsequent posts. The ratio of heat-generated-by-single-Trendmonger-posts to replies-to-Trendmonger-posts has always been like heat-generated-by-single-match to heat-generated-by-ensuing-fire, hasn't it? (Sorry for the choice of analogy SoCal residents.)

--Bat :roll:

Post subject: zzzzzzzz
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:12 am 

There aren't enough FZ fans in the world, Trendy just likes typing too much.

The forum is much more fun to read now that the ZFT is getting out product.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:23 pm 

tweezers wrote:
There aren't enough FZ fans in the world, Trendy just likes typing too much.

There were enough to enable Frank to do what he did, imagine if he didn't have enough money to do stuff like the LSO recordings or to buy expensive studio gear. But it is true not enough people are into his music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:18 am 

Apology quarantined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:40 am 

Fanaskeptapologysaurus

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next