Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Son of Roxy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:58 pm 

Something told me, when I was at the Roxy show on Dec. 11th, and was offered a ticket for the following night's performance. I should have taken it. Mind you, I would have had to change my flight back to CT. and add another night to my hotel and called home,etc.... But apparently it would have been worth it since they filmed this forthcoming DVD that night. I had a GREAT time on the 11th, but it would have capped my trip if I could have been there the night they filmed and had a DVD to watch. I am still waiting for my mp3, but I will at least have that. Thankfully. I wonder what I will get 1st, the mp3 or the DVD? Still didn't get my code for the Chicago gig yet, either. Don't know what's up with that. Should be a very cool DVD, that room was so intimate.

Post subject: Re: Son of Roxy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:07 am 

Hey there jonesy,
KIRK here.Man I can relate-not!
I flew in to LA on 12/11/08,had just enough time to unwind at m6,Hollywood on Whitney,1/2 block off
H-wood Blvd.Jammed down to Roxy,10-15 min.taxi ride.I was about 1/2 hr late,no tix!
Went back near my base at m6 H-wood and had a very good time.Folks are phreaks like me!
12/12/08 I arrive at The Roxy,35 yrs.to the day Frank recorded there! Fri. everyones off and relaxed,
except Steve Via,he thinks he might win the Hagstrom guitar or something.
I heard the first note and it was as good as sex,only this time we all came together for 2-1/2-3hrs!
I gave my extra tix to Caveman so he could pick out the right folks and not flakes! He later bought me
several brews and as the last were leaving,he said to me they might have fun 12/13/08 sat. but the majic was tonight! Ah say la vai nez pa?
Like they say, timing is everything jonesy, But hey,Ive' got the whole show on cd,wanna fly out and give your
ears a treat? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:49 am 

Timing is everything KK. Like I said, it was amazing I was there for the 11th and I think if I had known they were recording the 12th AND that Vai was going to be there, I would have made some sort of arrangement to stay. I am thankful I was there at all. So, you have it on CD? From the download? I have yet to get the 11th. Next time I am on the west coast, I will certainly take you up on the offer. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 pm 

Ya never know jonesy,If I had never seen them before 12/11/08 and saw your show,
I'd say THAT was the best!
Didn't want to belittle any ZPZ show.
But if they are 2nd on the bill,well time and all doesn't let them have fun!Trust me!
Even on NYE!!! :mrgreen: