Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:04 pm 

Is he really a shallow right winger? And if so, why would he plagiarize writers whom he seems to admire? Should Diesel be banned (as he was in a past life) or tolerated?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:06 pm 
Banned

brainpang wrote:
Is he really a shallow right winger? And if so, why would he plagiarize writers whom he seems to admire? Should Diesel be banned (as he was in a past life) or tolerated?

Why We’re Boycotting The New York Times – Questions and Answers
Question: Why should we boycott The New York Times?

Answer: Because The Times has, over the course of decades, deliberately distorted the news to advance its leftist political agenda – a pro-abortion, pro-big government, anti-family, anti-defense, isolationist ethic. The Times’ bias is reflected in its double standard in coverage of liberals and conservatives (as well as Democrats and Republicans), its misreporting of election news, the hidden assumptions that underlie news stories (the rich aren’t paying enough taxes, abortion is a right, same-sex marriage is a matter of fairness, man-made Global Warming is incontrovertible, etc.) and in the palpable imbalance in commentary. Its motto (”All The News That’s Fit To Print’) should be “All the News That Fits,” in terms of advancing our agenda.
Question: But why boycott The New York Times and not The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, CBS Evening News, Time Magazine and the like? Aren’t they just as biased?

Answer: Because The New York Times isn’t just another media outlet. It sets the tone for the establishment media. The Times is known as America’s “newspaper of record.” If something is a front-page story in The Times, that immediately gives it credibility and demonstrates that it’s news-worthy. The Times’ coverage (including its bias) is re-broadcast throughout the mainstream media. Unfortunately, The Times’ influence extends far beyond the number of newspapers sold or hits on its website. It is, without question, the trendsetter when it comes to news coverage – which makes it the most powerful media voice in America, and – perhaps – the world.
Question: What are you trying to accomplish?

Answer: We’re not trying to put The New York Times out of business, though that would delight us. We also think it’s unlikely that The Times will have a change of heart and suddenly begin reporting the news, instead of distorting it to promote its politics. (It’s probably beyond redemption.) Rather, our goal is to expose The Times and to rally the public against it through a boycott. In so doing, we seek to progressively limit its influence.
Question: Doesn’t The New York Times have a First Amendment right to publish whatever it chooses – biased or not?

Answer: Of course it does – assuming that what it prints isn’t libelous or otherwise illegal. But The Times has a duty to its readers and the general public (which it impacts in countless ways, every day) – a duty to be accurate, objective and balanced in its coverage. At the same time, we too have First Amendment rights – including a right to protest media bias with a boycott.
Question: But why a boycott?

Answer: There are any number of organizations and publications dedicated to documenting media bias – all of them doing good work. We believe more is needed. A boycott demonstrates our seriousness. It’s a last resort in confronting America’s most powerful media outlet – one whose bias goes back at least as far as the Vietnam era — one that is incorrigible, impervious to criticism and totally unwilling to change.

A boycott also gives the public an opportunity to take direct action. Instead of just complaining (we give them an opportunity to do that as well), those who sign our petition are putting The New York Times and its advertisers on notice that they won’t subscribe to The Times, buy the paper or visit its website. As more and more Americans make the pledge, it will become apparent that media bias has consequences.
Question: Isn’t there something a bit extreme about boycotting a newspaper? Are you trying to abridge its First Amendment rights?

Answer: Only the government can violate freedom of speech because only government can censor the expression of ideas. Boycotts have a long and distinguished history in America. You might even say that our nation started with a boycott – when the colonists boycotted British tea. The Civil Rights Movement of the 1950s and ‘60s used the Montgomery Bus Boycott (and later a boycott of segregated lunch counters) to highlight the injustice of racial segregation. Thus, boycotts are very much in keeping with the American tradition.

When a company manufactures defective products (products which not only fail to perform as advertised, but which are actually dangerous) and when that company refuses to fix said demonstrable defects, despite repeated warnings, consumer advocates have more than a right – they have a positive duty — to organize a boycott.

That’s exactly what we’re doing. The Times is manufacturing a product (news coverage) which is both defective and dangerous. By boycotting The New York Times, we are refusing to do business with a company that has no regard for us, our society or our nation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:07 pm 
Banned

brainpang wrote:

DID SOMEONE SAY ASS ? .....WE ARE RIGHT......THEY ARE WRONG.....END OF STORY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm 

Let him stay. He posts those anti-Obama things on basically 2 threads, and it's easy to just not read them.
Besides, being here keeps him out of the pool halls.
And it gives me one more person with whom to play games, when I get bored at work. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 pm 

The ignore feature still works fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:12 pm 

I guess yr right. What annoys me is the plagiarism and that he's got no sense of humor.
Can't come up with a coherent sentence on his own

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 pm 

What did brainpang say?

hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:16 pm 

I am beginning to believe he has an accordion up his ASS since he keeps squeezing the same crap in & out...LOL. The funny thing is when someone calls him out with thoughtful insight he starts chasing them around the forum threads squawking the same mindless ranting like a constipated parrot. But alas unlike him I believe in free speech, but if we did do him it wouldn't be a 1st amendment issue, it would be an annoying cocksuker prick issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:49 pm 

happy you see a distinction there plook;
DD has someone else's arm up his butt
like Charlie McCarthy.
what he says is not from his mouth.
He is a new dummie for the 21st century.
We can tune in and laugh
or go to another show.
You pull his string,
he chases you around.
You let go of the string
he stays in one place
jabbering on about the stuff
his handler makes him speak.

If I want to see what the Grand Old Howling Fantods are saying
I go to their site.
But the fact that they are sending out minions to disseminate their
stuff, shows they have followers that don't think for themselves,
BUT THAT THEY NEED MORE of them to do their work.

They have the old party in lock-step
what's next, gravity?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:50 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
The ignore feature still works fine.

and, even if you don't have 'diesel idiot' on your ignore list; just ignore him anyway.
don't reply to his posts. it would probably make him very bored and he would go away.

I'm sure the same treatment would work with trendmonger too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:01 pm 

Ban him because you don't agree with his point of view?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 pm 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
Ban him because you don't agree with his point of view?

Absolutely NOT, ignore him because he has no point of view (he keeps putting up talking points and/or plagiarizing Rush O'Savage) and he is a forum stalker, go read his threads. We tried to talk it out and it turned into a freaking mess, one by one he kept dicking people around. He has freedom of speech and we are free to ignore it, is there something wrong with that reasoning???

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:33 pm 
Banned

For those of you who missed this .. Saw FZ Seven times....I would say that my two meetings were more like brief encounters. I first saw FZ in 1974 with the Roxy band in Portland Or and then in 1975 I went to two shows and went with a few friends and because the seating was GA we arrived early in the day as to secure front row seats that we ended up getting. As the day wore on I left my friends in line and went wondering around to the back of the theater and what did I see? I saw a ramp leading down to the backstage area with no guard in site so I did what any 16 year old kid would do and went down the ramp and into the shadows behind Terry Teds drum kit and stood very still and quiet and watched as the guard came back to his post so my escape route was now blocked. I watched the band practice for about ten minutes before the guard noticed me and he motioned for me to come his way so as I did and FZ must have saw this through the corner of his eyes and turned to me with a look of surprise and I did a little stupid and gave him the PEACE SIGN and FZ then returned the favor with a big grin on his face! I quickly left the building and went around the corner to tell this to my unbelieving friends who were holding my place in line. My next encounter with FZ happened in 1984 in Santa Barbara at the county bowl. I drove 200 miles to get to the show hoping to get a ticket and I arrived about three hours early and was able to buy a ticket and since it was reserved seating not many people were there early so I just wondered around the county bowl and found a gate open with some folks having BBQ and I just wondered on in like I belonged there! I soon found myself talking with Bobby Martin and the later with BIG John Smothers who was Franks body guard and he was friendly with me and we spoke for some time about Frank and me being a big fan and all and driving 200 miles to the show and so on and then to my great surprise I turned around and their was FRANK ZAPPA standing right behind me for I don't know how long and I nodded at him and he at me and then someone said it's showtime and off they all went and off and I went to my seat in the crowd.. Also saw FZ twice in 1980 and then in 1981 in Portland Or.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:01 pm 

I think i was at the same Santa Barbara county bowl show, i only drove about 50 miles though.
I'm not 100% sure about the year, but i recall how you could just walk up to the arena area, and that though it was festival style seating, no one was there early. We hung out near the gate, and watched the band practice. After the practice Frank was soloing by himself against a tape loop.

The whole time i was thinking 'why are we the only ones here?'. Being there so early we also scored front row center seats, and one of the best days of my life. Then after the show Ray White and Ike Willis drove through the crowd on the way out, and again no one even noticed them, they had the car window down, and i asked for an autograph and the passed my ticket stub around the car like an old roach. Great day, and i didn't realize it at the time, the last time i ever saw FZ live!

Anyway, even though i don't get you brother, that post should earn you a place here with the rest of us wackos.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 am 

I certainly wouldn't ban him. I would not visit this forum if it was filled with people I agree with as conversation would be extremely dull. It would be like talking to yourself. In fact, I learned quite a lot about certain right wing views in the US from him, although I think he would achieve his object an awful lot better if he either edited his copying and pasting or added a link. Sure, he's completely stuck in his own world and rarely answers directly to any comments or critique. I'm sure this applies to many other forum members too and I'm convinced that there are forum members who think the same thing about my posts. Of course, he must be about the only person on this planet who finds Saggy Nuts amusing or enlightening, but if we were talking about questions of taste here, we could start banning all the people who like ABBA or (fill in the gap) on this forum. In contrast to the aforementioned Saggy Nuts he also only harasses people generally if they've "fooled" with him. All in all, for me he has occasional "entertainment" value.
Michael Savage, on the other hand, should be banned from EUROPE :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 am 

Caputh wrote:
I certainly wouldn't ban him. I would not visit this forum if it was filled with people I agree with as conversation would be extremely dull. It would be like talking to yourself. In fact, I learned quite a lot about certain right wing views in the US from him, although I think he would achieve his object an awful lot better if he either edited his copying and pasting or added a link. Sure, he's completely stuck in his own world and rarely answers directly to any comments or critique. I'm sure this applies to many other forum members too and I'm convinced that there are forum members who think the same thing about my posts. Of course, he must be about the only person on this planet who finds Saggy Nuts amusing or enlightening, but if we were talking about questions of taste here, we could start banning all the people who like ABBA or (fill in the gap) on this forum. In contrast to the aforementioned Saggy Nuts he also only harasses people generally if they've "fooled" with him. All in all, for me he has occasional "entertainment" value.
Michael Savage, on the other hand, should be banned from EUROPE :wink:

Well put Caputh, though not in the Ban group myself, I had a yes Ignore Vote, I was not around for Saggy and there seems to be some sort of underlying animosity with others. I personally would never had got on board if I could have gotten an occasional well crafted, thought provoking answer or counter point in one of the aforementioned threads similar to his above writing. But instead I was either called FRAT BOY which I never understood, or ASS if I was lucky! Most of the time I would be buried under huge plagiarized unquoted rants from so right wing snake oil sales men. Some of my best writing never even got a glance because it was sandwiched in-between some crap diatribe, I should start a thread with just my stuff that is lost in that ocean of bullshit…LOL…I may be a little self absorbed ASS, but not a FRAT BOY (I just don’t get it) :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 pm 
Banned

punknaynowned wrote:
happy you see a distinction there plook;
DD has someone else's arm up his butt
like Charlie McCarthy.
what he says is not from his mouth.
He is a new dummie for the 21st century.
We can tune in and laugh
or go to another show.
You pull his string,
he chases you around.
You let go of the string
he stays in one place
jabbering on about the stuff
his handler makes him speak.

If I want to see what the Grand Old Howling Fantods are saying
I go to their site.
But the fact that they are sending out minions to disseminate their
stuff, shows they have followers that don't think for themselves,
BUT THAT THEY NEED MORE of them to do their work.

They have the old party in lock-step
what's next, gravity?

YOU ARE SO STUPID THAT IT STINKS.... DID SOMEONE SAY ASS ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 pm 
Banned

MrMellow wrote:
I think i was at the same Santa Barbara county bowl show, i only drove about 50 miles though.
I'm not 100% sure about the year, but i recall how you could just walk up to the arena area, and that though it was festival style seating, no one was there early. We hung out near the gate, and watched the band practice. After the practice Frank was soloing by himself against a tape loop.

The whole time i was thinking 'why are we the only ones here?'. Being there so early we also scored front row center seats, and one of the best days of my life. Then after the show Ray White and Ike Willis drove through the crowd on the way out, and again no one even noticed them, they had the car window down, and i asked for an autograph and the passed my ticket stub around the car like an old roach. Great day, and i didn't realize it at the time, the last time i ever saw FZ live!

Anyway, even though i don't get you brother, that post should earn you a place here with the rest of us wackos.

THANK YOU... AS GOLLUM ONCE SAID... YOU BE NICE TO US THEN WE BE NICE TO YOU!!!

Attachments:
gollum.jpg
gollum.jpg [ 29.91 KiB | Viewed 2092 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:15 pm 

Quisling.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 pm 
Banned

espanglish wrote:
Quisling.

YOU SHOULD RETURN THE KID ON THE MILK CARTON BACK TO HIS PARENTS......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quisling

Attachments:
squirrel_nuts.jpg
squirrel_nuts.jpg [ 10.16 KiB | Viewed 2051 times ]

Last edited by Diesel Dummy on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:06 am 

I think Diesel's beginning to crack up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 am 

vivalapsych wrote:

I'm working on it. Between Satanic curses, gay come ons and general ridicule he ought to self-destruct any time now. It will be beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:29 am 
Banned

brainpang wrote:
vivalapsych wrote:

I'm working on it. Between Satanic curses, gay come ons and general ridicule he ought to self-destruct any time now. It will be beautiful.

I DON'T THINK SO BRAINFART, I DONE GOTS ME A DOUBLE STRENGTH MIRROR THAT THAT WORKS WONDERS ON EX WIVES, GIRLFRIENDS AND SHITHEADS LIKE YOU SO TAKE THAT YOU SILLY BOY AND TURN THE SON-BITCH SIDEWAYS AND THEN STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY ASS BECAUSE I AM THE MASTER CYLINDER IN DISGUISE!

Attachments:
ff-mastercylinde.gif
ff-mastercylinde.gif [ 25.99 KiB | Viewed 1983 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm 

I am laughing at you, little zombie boy

Post subject: re: what's wrong with dd
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Let him stay. He posts those anti-Obama things on basically 2 threads ...
much appreciated; where else can you get into essentially unmoderated bitchslapping flame wars on a regular basis without getting yer ass banned ¿ right here on the z-forum ... that's right folks, don't fuck with that dial