Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 6 degrees of FZ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:06 pm 

Give this pointless exersize a shot. <br><br>Link FZ to 6 other famous people. Extra points given for creativity. Heres my example to kick things off.<br><br>FZ...boss of Lowell George for a while<br><br>Lowell George...played oboe on a Frank Sinarta album <br><br>Frank Sinatra...good friend of Presidend John F. Kennedy<br><br>John F. Kennedy...opponent to Cuban leader Fidel Castro<br>Fidel Castro...compadre to revolutionary Che Guevara<br><br>so there you have it, Che to Frank in 6 steps. Try it, you may suprise yourself. ;D

Post subject: Re: 6 degrees of FZ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:57 am 

OK...<br>Frank Zappa employed drummer Aynsley Dunbar in the MOI who went on to join Whitesnake with John Sykes on Guitar. He was in Thin Lizzy With Phil Lynott who was married to the daughter of British TV game show host Leslie Crowther who was in 'My Good Woman' with Sylvia Simms, co star of many 'Carry On' films with Sydney James.<br><br>Cheers!<br>Genie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:35 am 

FRANK ZAPPA once had a splinter removed from his toe by MICK JAGGER, who might have been going out with MISS PAMELA of The GTO's at this time.She , many years later, went on a date with WOODY ALLEN, who had a long-term relationship with DIANE KEATON. Ms. Keaton was nominated in her role in the movie Something's Got To Give.....opposite....JACK NICHOLSON. Who, years earlier, either co-wrote or co-produced the movie Head, starring THE MONKEES!    And just to bring it full circle......who had a cameo in said flick? FRANK ZAPPA! ;D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:02 am 

These are all damn good examples, and totally makes up for the time I was laughed off the stage of the U.N. after I mentioned that planet Earth was in danger of being taken over in 2016 by a race of super intelligent goats. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:58 pm 

OK, here we go:  Frank Zappa once employed Flo and Eddie, who used to be in a band called The Turtles.  A turtle is a reptile and hence NOT a vegetable.  Nor is a prune a vegetable!!(A cabbage is a vegetable). <br><br>Excellent! I LIKE this game!  ;D<br><br><br>ps- Dovey, yours was GREAT!

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:21 pm 

TYTYTY :) :-* Good ole Jarhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:15 am 

Frank played with George Duke,<br><br>George Duke recorded an album called Brazilian Love affair and even the album produced by FZ, with Flora Purim on it. Flora is wife to Airto Moreira. Airto begun his carreer in the Quarteto Novo group back in Brazil with  the musical genious Hermeto Pascoal. Hermeto was recorded by and played with Miles Davis. Miles Davis recorded with Prince(???)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:26 pm 

Frank Zappa wrote a song about a sofa, a piece of furniture which goes in a house, which is built on land, on a planet named earth, suspended somewhere in the milky way, which is viewable in a thread* on the Frank Zappa forum.<br><br><br>[center] Therefore, Frank Zappa is infinite. :-/ :-[ :P[/center]<br><br>[sub]*http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1110613786[/sub]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:37 pm 

Image<br><br>Bootsy Collins worked alongside of Image Bernie Worrell in Parlement and Funkadellec. Bernie Worrell played along with...<br><br>Image The Talking Heads..<br><br>Image...Talking Heads also worked along side of Brian Eno.<br><br>Eno and Image Eddie Jobson were in Roxy Music together.<br><br>and of course, Jobson was at one time an employee of Image THE MAESTRO  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:25 pm 

My friend Martin worked for the company that made the Synclavier and a few times went over to FZ's house to install upgrades. Martin mentioned to Frank that he now owned the world's biggest, most elaborate Synclavier. Frank said "Don't tell Michael Jackson!"<br><br>Martin and I worked together at a computer graphics software company where we had a series of running jokes. One of these jokes was based on an innocent comment line in a Fortran function: "Matrix looks good". For some reason we were always having to be looking into that source file and seeing that line. Martin would repeat "Matrix looks good" as if the indicated matrix were something delicious. <br><br>I met my wife at that same company. When we were dating, I once took her to see a midnight showing of 200 Motels.<br><br>My wife went to New Paltz Academy. Another friend of mine, Terry, that I met at a second computer graphics software company also went to New Paltz. He told me that during one stretch while a grad student there, he dropped acid every day for a month.<br><br>I've known people who worked at startup software companies and worked 90 days straight without taking a day off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:50 am 

I don't think Clem understood the excercise. Nice stories, though. ::)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:14 am 

I was goofing on the format by making obscure conceptual associations instead of direct ones between coincident people. Someone dropping acid every day for a month was connected to someone working 90 days without a day off.<br><br>Isn't that cute? :-/  ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:29 am 

The first mass-produced fuzz pedal was made by Maestro (now a division of Gibson). The model number was FZ-1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:38 am 

[quote author=Milton_Bradley link=board=rant;num=1110675995;start=0#13 date=03/15/05 at 17:37:12]Image<br><br>Bootsy Collins worked alongside of Image Bernie Worrell in Parlement and Funkadellec. Bernie Worrell played along with...<br><br>Image The Talking Heads..[/quote]<br><br>I found a way to end the chain right there, MB.<br><br>Image<br><br>Adrian Belew<br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:53 am 

Good Point Billy... ;)[quote author=Billy link=board=rant;num=1110675995;start=15#19 date=03/16/05 at 07:38:40]<br><br>I found a way to end the chain right there, MB.<br><br>Image<br><br>Adrian Belew<br><br> ;D[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 am 

Milton_Bradley wrote:
These are all damn good examples, and totally makes up for the time I was laughed off the stage of the U.N. after I mentioned that planet Earth was in danger of being taken over in 2016 by a race of super intelligent goats. ;)

*Shameless bump
Here we are eleven years later. The anticipation has elevated. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am 

Okay, my turn.

Frank Zappa used to rent the Rolling Stones Mobile unit from Mick Jagger.
Mick Jagger had four children with supermodel Jerry Hall.
Jerry Hall is currently engaged to Rupert Murdoch.
Rupert Murdoch is the founding CEO of NewsCorp, which owns Fox News
Fox News employs a commentator named Tucker Carlson
In the 80s, Carlson appeared on the CNN show Crossfire, where he tangled with musician Frank Zappa.

So you see, Frank is six degrees away from himself... :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:45 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Frank ... George Duke... Flora Purim ... Airto Moreira... Hermeto Pascoal... Miles Davis ... Prince
Frank was directly linked to Miles Davis. He met Miles at one of Miles's gigs and Miles was very rude to him.