Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:04 pm 

Yes Bat I too saw, heard the mountain climber's use of the crux of the biscuit phrase, gotta be a Frankizim...

Many moons ago I was tramping/hiking in the bush, middle of no where about three hours in, no one for miles etc, I hear the central fucking scrutinizer, for a split second I thought, oop's one trip to many during my misspent youth I've lost my mind, but no it was Frank's voice wafting on the breese, I followed the music to it's source, and eventually met Bill a Frank fan camped by the edge the stream, with a Zappa mix tape playing on his boom box...frogs with dirty little lips, I just about wet my pants.....hung with Bill over night and listened to all seven of his FZ mix tapes, all the favorites great night.......you had to be there.

Thanks again Frank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Uncle_Remus1974 wrote:
One of the first times i went into a liquor store next to my apartment that i recently moved into. I was buying some beer when i saw behind the employee at the register an empty beer bottle with the cover of Lumpy Gravy on the front! It took me a minute to actually realize it was Zappa, then me and the guy hit it off, always nice to randomly meet other Zappa fans :) Also, the next time i went in there he was playing the Persuasions doing a cover of We're Only in it for the Money. It's my favorite liquor store.

Where is this dream of a liquor store? The empty bottle of beer with FZ on bottle was most likely a Lagunitas Brewing Co.beer.Last year they had a promo of '40yrs ago FZ released this album',with said album cover on the beer bottle.Freak Out,Absolutely Free,ect.This was done with the ZFT blessings.That liquor store sounds like my kind of place. 8)

I have the Absolutely Free Bottle in my garage!