Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Sorry to say this, bro. but lately you've been both acting like Isaacs... :wink:

He's left more than enough obvious clues to prove my point. :P

No, I haven't. Because, first of all, they're not clues. And nor have you proven them. :P

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:09 am 

Imo, the Equal Time Rule should apply to Trump. I'm fucking sick of seeing that shithead on every program. I realize that it doesn't strictly correspond to the regulation, but when every station has turned this election's coverage into a commercial for that hairbag, the rule should kick in for overall coverage as opposed to categorical equivalencies.

From Wikipedia:

The equal-time rule specifies that U.S. radio and television broadcast stations must provide an equivalent opportunity to any opposing political candidates who request it. This means, for example, that if a station gives one free minute to a candidate in prime time, it must do the same for another candidate who requests it. The equal-time rule was created because the FCC thought the stations could easily manipulate the outcome of elections by presenting just one point of view, and excluding other candidates. It should not be confused with the now-defunct Fairness Doctrine, which dealt with presenting balanced points of view on matters of public importance.

There are four exceptions to the equal-time rule. If the airing was within a documentary, bona fide news interview, scheduled newscast or an on-the-spot news event, the equal-time rule does not apply. Since 1983, political debates not hosted by the media station are considered "news events," and as a result, are not subject to the rule. Consequently, these debates may include only major-party candidates without having to offer air time to minor-party or independent candidates. Talk shows and other regular news programming from syndicators, such as Entertainment Tonight, are also declared exempt from the rule by the FCC on a case-by-case basis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 am 

Are you serious? The coverage of trump is going to be called news. Relax it will all work out . just look at hillary she thinks she is above the law as pertains to her e mail server, but now ........ we will see just look at the tv news right now, the president is babbling about shit he knows is not completely true. The dumb ass is more worried about iran's economy than ours, Obama is an out and out liar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 am 

Always back to Hillary's emails? And not even a decent comment on that. Anyway, it looks like that's one vote for Unequal Time in broadcast. Or maybe yer just a huuuuge Trump fan?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:36 am 

No I'm saying the coverage comes under the title of News , Obama enjoyed the same during his campaign just for being black, and if you watch the news you see that Hillary has been subpoenaed now for the server as well as ORDERED to testify by a federal judge, that was a appointed by Bill i might add.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:43 am 

... and Hillary's emails are still the most boring and useless topic in politics today. But, back to the topic at hand.
News is called news? Duh. That doesn't address the question. You can ignore the question, but calling news "news" is kinda fuckin' hilarious! This coverage is nothing like the coverage Obama enjoyed and either you know it or you are ignoring the avalanche of coverage that the shithead Trump is getting. It would seem that you think the Equal Time Rule is irrelevent.
As in the above quote:

The equal-time rule was created because the FCC thought the stations could easily manipulate the outcome of elections by presenting just one point of view, and excluding other candidates.

Can you really say that the above isn't the case? Lemme guess, you just wanna say "Hillary's email!" again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:48 am 

The bullshit equal time rule was created because the whiny faggot left cried that there was not enough of their kind in the media. hahahahahahahahaa what a bunch of sniveling little babies!!

DIE!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:52 am 

Well jp, you should probably know that Trump isn't running against the Left right now. The people getting left out of the argument are the other 16 or so Republican candidates. I thought that part was obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 am 

the Hilary email thing is very important. they were deleted to cover up the fact that she lied about Bengazi. but idiots out there like arkay still fall for it. keep licking her fat cankles, stupid!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Well jp, you should probably know that Trump isn't running against the Left right now. The people getting left out of the argument are the other 16 or so Republican candidates. I thought that part was obvious.

so what. those 16 assholes all suck. Trump is big news. he's finally shaking up the stupid system.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 am 

jaypfunk wrote:
Trump is a fucknut so say what you want about him but at least he speaks his mind...

Keep on protecting yer fucknut. So, tell us then Trump Fan, what is the big news that he brings? His skewed understanding of foreign affairs? His lack of policy on pretty much anything? The fact that he's loud? Maybe its the money, they always cheer when he sez he's rich.
And still the Fear of Hillary's Emails continues... Nothing in politics is as hilarious as that fear of emails. What a dumb thing to rail about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 am 

Arkay is a brainwashed turd.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 am 

Sure, let's change the topic for a bit. When did you get so bad at insults? You used to be The King of that kinda stuff. Now, its like you outsourced that shit to a service run out of India.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:18 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Trump is a fucknut so say what you want about him but at least he speaks his mind...

Keep on protecting yer fucknut. So, tell us then Trump Fan, what is the big news that he brings? His skewed understanding of foreign affairs? His lack of policy on pretty much anything? The fact that he's loud? Maybe its the money, they always cheer when he sez he's rich.
And still the Fear of Hillary's Emails continues... Nothing in politics is as hilarious as that fear of emails. What a dumb thing to rail about.

RK you are to young to remember watergate. Nixon said exactly what you are saying about the e mails. That is 17 minutes missing , not important. There is a huge difference on the server, with the web and hacking, she has exposed classified info for everyone to hack. The cover up will doom her and should, much bigger story than trump's coverage. You seem to think you know everything about trumps policy's, how so? Much more important is the continuous lying by OBAMA, three weeks ago on TV he said in a special news spot , like todays, that the Iranian Ayatollah, told him and the world that he the ,Ayatollah, had issued a Fatwa on Nuke bombs being developed by Iran, so to understand that means they are saying we aren't going to build a bomb. Forward to today, OBAMA just said on national TV that if the nuke deal is not signed by congress that iran WILL have a bomb in six months. So was he lying when he told us about the Fatwa or Now? Obama is a Liar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:26 am 

Watergate? Yeah, I heard of it. I'm sure you were all upset about it at the time. Its not a worthwhile comparison. If you think it apt, I'll leave it to you to prove. As of now, its a bunch of assertions that have gone nowhere.
Why do you think I know everything about Trump's policies? That would imply that he has some. All I ever see is him on tv insulting people, generally other Republicans. Oh, there are also the pretend policies like making great deals with China or charging Mexico for "sending" us immigrants. But, I don't want to know more about that blowhard. Clearly, you are in his corner. Why don't you talk up the guy that you like? Tell everyone how great he is.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 am 

I assume because you sited
Quote:
His skewed understanding of foreign affairs? His lack of policy on pretty much anything?
So you know his understanding of foreign affairs? I personally am leaning to Kasich . The comparison to watergate is very good, the cover up will get her just like Bill, but Hillary is a criminal for not protecting the taxpayers private correspondence. The big pretend policies are in the obama admin. Now he is caught lying again. Hillary is caught, and John Kerry is a bumbling appointment that has no business fooling with US government policies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:28 am 

I supposed you'll probably think its elitist to say that "sited" makes no sense. Maybe you meant "cited". I spoke no specifics because that is the way Trump the Entertainer is selling his platform. He sez he has a plan for the Middle East but won't tell anyone cuz it would tip off the enemy, what a... liar! You like that word, right? I didn't see you say anything about Trump's policies. I guess its good that you picked Kasich, even though you are protecting Trump and whatever Republican is in the news. Maybe you will vote for Kasich, but just hafta protect Mr. Blowhard. I seem to remember you protecting Walker whenever he comes up in the news. You love to pretend that you are independent, but you are 100% Republican apologist. Right now, Kasich is a safe person to back in that he hasn't said much yet. Maybe he'll win by being the least interesting person on the ballot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 am 

Hey what did I miss I haven't been able to check this thread in a while...wait let me gues...Obama did something wrong or It's all the fault of the rich people... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
RK you are to young to remember watergate. Nixon said exactly what you are saying about the e mails. That is 17 minutes missing , not important. There is a huge difference on the server, with the web and hacking, she has exposed classified info for everyone to hack.

I'm not too young. Nixon's extremely loyal secretary "accidentally" erased the 17 incriminating minutes of tape in question. Yes he said they "weren't important", of course he did! Like d'uh!

She (HC) exposed classified emails for everyone to hack? Isn't that what hackers do? Try and hack everyone that's on a secure unhackable government/corporations sites? If there was anything a hacker could use against her or us, it wouldn't be on an open unsecured private email. Unless he/she is one dumb hacker or just wants to make some facts up, why would anyone hack that crap? Typical email or text: "Grandma Cankle's having pancakes for breakfast...you?... LoL.". Nothing there, all smoke and mirrors with no substance behind the curtain.
Not a valid comparison imo.

It took my mind off Trump and The Chumps for a second though. < I see what your doing there... pretty sneaky BS!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:05 pm 

Not so fast my friend, Hillary was/is, using a personal server at home, NOT a fed gov server. You must not be following the situation, there are classified mail on the server and the entire day of the bengazi attack is you guessed it Missing. So it is a valid comparison , and a federal judge is calling them to testify. Bone up before you think you know the story, remember Nixon was so arrogant that he tried to fire the special prosecutor. Were you paying attention in 73? what were you 14 , 15?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm 

Yeah, see, Hillary broke into the Embassy with Putin, Castro and Chavez. She was operating the spotlights to help the terrorists after sundown. Then she emailed about the dreadful clothes everybody wears and the desperate need for air conditioners. She returned to the roof and had a dozen drones carry her off to a resort in Greece where she forced them to trash their economy - just for fun! She's evil like that and hates freedom! She's been known to dress up like Nixon while recording her friends at parties and editing the tape so that she can blackmail everyone on her own team in case they decide to jump ship. Gawd what a traitor, helping those Islamic militants and then hiding the trash-talking proof in her secret email bunker! The nerve against the American People! I still can't believe that she made an anti-Muslim video and distributed it to the Libyans just to get Sean Hannity mad. He must really think she is a jerk, since he is such a fan of the Muslims. If only she had used a government email account, everyone who died that day would still be alive.

Now, Bravo, why don't ya get on yer high horse and tell me how YOU are taking this seriously, how its like Watergate, how Hillary had emails about Benghazi that were in any way the cause of those people dying, about the Islamic Militants, about anything worth arguing about. You can't. You just spew shit comparing her to Nixon without any rationalization - all because you don't want another Democrat President. Do you have any idea how many documents are rubber stamped "Classified" regardless of their content? I know someone in the service and have heard that its out of control. Whatever investigations that go on with Hillary, we may well find something interesting, but you have no idea what it could be - and that pisses you off, so you cry all day and night about it.

Now, why do want Trump on the tv all day? Why do you respect him so much - even though you like Kasich more?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Not so fast my friend, Hillary was/is, using a personal server at home, NOT a fed gov server. You must not be following the situation, there are classified mail on the server and the entire day of the bengazi attack is you guessed it Missing. So it is a valid comparison , and a federal judge is calling them to testify. Bone up before you think you know the story, remember Nixon was so arrogant that he tried to fire the special prosecutor. Were you paying attention in 73? what were you 14 , 15?

What I'm saying is it's probably safer from hackers on a personal home server than on a government one. No more, no less.
How old were you in '73 and how do we know you were paying attention back then either? I turned 13 in '67. Figure it out, ya might have to take off your shoes though! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 pm 

Problem is that aint legal, those are our e mails, like I say she and Obama make Nixon look like a saint.Easy solution hand over the server, voted in my first general in 68.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next