Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:11 pm 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110527/wl_ ... h_cannabis

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 pm 

I am not into drugs, but this sucks. Holland's attitude to drugs has seen their country's drug statistics go down a much happier path than in other western countries. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right wing scum bags who've got nothing better to do than piss on someone else's fireworks. Pathetic.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 am 

What is more disturbing is the way do it: with membership cards. So that if you want your dope, you have to become a member of a coffee shop first.
Besides the extra cost involved, this is going to be nurture for the black market.
Opstelten (secretary of justice) claims that the police force should be firmer in the street trade. Which isn't going to happen because he cut the police force in the major cities and didn't give nearly enough in return to the smaller cities.

I'm dead against drugs and hope they'll be banished from the earth.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:47 pm 

BBP wrote:
What is more disturbing is the way do it: with membership cards. So that if you want your dope, you have to become a member of a coffee shop first.
Besides the extra cost involved, this is going to be nurture for the black market.

It would also provide the authorities with a handy database. :roll:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:59 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
BBP wrote:

I agree.

I wonder how much the crime rate will go up now. Oh wait..this is what they want. Jails mean money!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:31 am 

The Netherlands has many empty prison cells, making a change from the days criminals got an early release because there wasn't enough space to put them.
At any rate Neth is lending some of its cell space to Belgium. Of course, Belgium pays for it.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:38 am 

BBP wrote:
I'm dead against drugs and hope they'll be banished from the earth.

You don't really believe that's possible do you? When I had my surgery last year, I was very thankful for pain killing drugs for several days afterwards. The catch 22 is that you can't free yourself from the genuine reasons for developing these drugs and there will always be issues of abuse to deal with in association with their existence.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:13 am 

Although not a massive fan of the killer weed, this ruling appears to violate human rights as it discriminates against foreigners. Clubs which can only be citizens of the country would appear to be highly discriminatory.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:50 am 

Eh, Poly, you know what I mean. I had opiates after my surgery. No, I'm against use of softdrugs and harddrugs as lifestyle/sheer enjoyment/ satisfaction of addiction etc.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:36 am 

Uhhh Errrr may i ask...do you drink adult beverages?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:35 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Coffee?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:37 am 

Well that would be coffee with baileys added

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:47 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Ehm... I don't think my chocolate tea is X-rated. It does have inspirational texts on the label (today's one read "Kind people are never unhappy") and suggested yoga-position to assume before drinking.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:59 am 

So you don't consume alcoholic drinks?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 am 

No, nay, never. I always hated alcohol abuse (some brush-ins with intoxicated people at their worst are cause of that). When I was twelve, at NYE, my family made me drink a glass of champagne. I ended up vomiting.
The only other time I had alcohol was when I was 16, when we attended the Blessing of the Palms at Westminster Abbey with school. A born and bred atheist, I had no idea what "communion" was. I got a gulp of wine poured in and felt ill the rest of the day, and had red spots the next day. And according to Anglican church I'm doomed forever.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:47 pm 

Well it certainly hasn't effected your humor and wit!!!! I think your post's for the most part are brilliant !!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 pm 

Why thank you, thank you very much!
(takes a deep bow) I aim to please!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:54 am 

Sam I Am wrote:
BBP wrote:

And since America controls world drug policy, you can bet that America shoved this idea down the Netherlands government's throats by playing "the embargo card".

I've been to Amsterdam 4 times and shared my experiences with people here in person and by way of videos I've posted on YouTube.

EVERYTHING the American government tells you is a LIE with regard to what's happening in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is the Ultimate City of Freedom and America doesn't like playing 2nd chair to a country no larger than New Jersey.

America has egg all over their face when it comes to cannabis legalization and they are doing everything possible to AVOID owning up to the truth that their war on people who choose to ingest a harmless plant is a FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Cannabis prohibition is IMMORAL and a MASTERPIECE IN THE ART OF BRAINWASHING.

Anyone who supports prohibition is part of the problem and an accomplice to the greatest crime wave in history.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:40 am 

Well that's reasoning with a bendy straw isn't it?
Quote:
Homer: Not a bear in sight. The Bear Patrol must be working like a charm.
Lisa: That's spacious reasoning, Dad.
Homer: Thank you, dear.
Lisa: By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away.
Homer: Oh, how does it work?
Lisa: It doesn't work.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: It's just a stupid rock.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Lisa: But I don't see any tigers around, do you?
[Homer thinks of this, then pulls out some money]
Homer: Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
[Lisa refuses at first, then takes the exchange]

With legalizing cannabis, any crime rate lowering is only because using weed is no longer illegal. The problems of it are legion though:
-The Netherlands does not have a suitable climate for growing marihuana. This causes home-growers to have to use huge amounts of electricity and water, which causes a lot of damage to the house. Often, electricity is pulled from the wires illegally to circumlocute high electricity bills.
-Because of the issues described above, a grower cannot produce anything profitable if he has the legal amount of 5 or less plants: many delve into illegal practices by growing too much.
-Because a coffeeshop is only allowed to have a small amount in stock, they often have to buy in more than is allowed (not legal) or buy more during the day (also not allowed)
-I've often witnessed drug criminality out here while on my paper route: dealers on the street, waiting for a delivery, deliveries in action, disguised objects (Hint to dutch police: there's something really wrong about finding a jar of weight gain powder on a bench at 5AM and discovering the jar is gone ten minutes later)
-My home town has still gotten excessive drug violence, like shootings. Eindhoven is the biggest town of the three southern provinces and is at a mere 15 mins from the Belgian border. In Helmond, a city at a twenty minute drive from Eindhoven, when a second coffee shop was to be re-opened, the owners of that shop were severely threatened and shot at. The mayor too was being so harassed he had to go into hiding for months.
-Drug tourism also causes "runners": people who make a living by showing foreigners the way to the coffee shop. This is always combined with dangerous driving.

I could go on like this forever.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:50 am 

And the database. This is why I refuse to move to a medical cannabis state. The database is a recipe for disaster.

Here's how: Let's say a guy like Tim Pawlenty gets elected. He will turn around and play the " federal law card" and use the database against all of the medical cannabis patients as "violators of federal law" in that cannabis possession, cultivation and distribution of any kind is still a federal crime. Bang, zoom, you all go to jail!!! And that's a money maker for our FOR PROFIT prison system, the only one in the world!

The medical cannabis movement was a way to spoon feed the prohibitionists the truth - kinda like castor oil - and make them see that cannabis is NOT a dangerous substance but one that should be legal because it is indeed the cure for cancer. But noooooooooooooo. We can't have a cure for cancer because it is a fucking gold mine with people lining up each and every day to replace the DEAD cancer patients who are killed with RADIATION, prescribed by BIG *SPAM* and her tools, the doctors who are still paying off student loans, and charging you an arm and a leg to pay those loans off.

But the medical cannabis plan has backfired. Medical prices are no cheaper than black market prices. And when California had a chance to legalize last Nov., the greedy pot farmers and Eric Holder's threat of "the federal law card" made sure that pot wouldn't be legalized.

So we are back to square 1.

No pot tourism in The Netherlands means people will now sell fake ID cards, a crime that isn't worth committing at this present time. Pot will be sold black market, and that will bring back all the crime that's associated with it and crime The Netherlands hasn't seen in 30 years. I'll bet "they are thrilled" at the prospect of that scenario.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:28 am 

Canabis the cure for cancer?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:35 am 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
Canabis the cure for cancer?

has been for over 40 years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysdaDhM9rfA

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 am 

It's on yootube so it's gotta be true!

LMAO! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am 

Huck_Phlem wrote:

Did you bother to watch? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:56 am 

bugler wrote:
Huck_Phlem wrote:

Did you bother to watch? :roll:

Which explains Bob Marley...
And why I spent 3 years doing bugger all, my best friend became so paranoid that they put him in a mental home etc., etc.
No mind-changing substance (including alcohol) makes you a better person IMO.
Anyway, I don't trust Larry Bjanarson's haircut :wink: