Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4870
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Wow, you can read my mind 20 years ago as well! What do you smoke?
Unfortunately, I don't find your insulin/food comparison very effective. You don't die if you fail to smoke marijuana.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Caputh wrote:
Wow, you can read my mind 20 years ago as well! What do you smoke?
Unfortunately, I don't find your insulin/food comparison very effective. You don't die if you fail to smoke marijuana.


And you don't die from using it either!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Myths and facts:

http://www.changetheclimate.org/facts/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4870
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
bugler wrote:


And here's a slightly less positive report by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, but they're obviously in with the government or the Queen. Note that the report also indicates that 1 in 10 people share my totally misremembered memory that it made me paranoid.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthin ... nabis.aspx

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Caputh wrote:
bugler wrote:


And here's a slightly less positive report by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, but they're obviously in with the government or the Queen. Note that the report also indicates that 1 in 10 people share my totally misremembered memory that it made me paranoid.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthin ... nabis.aspx



See??? AGAIN you send a mixed message. Why do you persist in clouding the issue by posting links to government sponsored websites who have a vested interest in the status quo?

If you are for legalization, then say so and support your position with passion. If you are indifferent, keep your mouth shut. If you are for the status quo, then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4870
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Paranoia. Some definitions.

par·a·noi·a (pr-noi)
n.
1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution...

Quote:
The only thing I'm bitter about is having been lied to my whole fucking life by people who are supposed to be looking out for me
.

...with or without grandeur...

Quote:
My father didn't fight in the Battle of The Bulge so that I could be profiled by some fucking jerkoff cop on the Jersey Turnpike.


Quote:
What you did 20 years ago is a faded memory during a time where true knowledge about cannabis was deliberately repressed.


Quote:
If you are for legalization, then say so and support your position with passion. If you are indifferent, keep your mouth shut.


...often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.

Quote:
It's because MILLIONS of lives have been ruined over an unjust law.

Need a college loan? Oh, you have a pot conviction. Fuck you. Don't pass go. Don't collect a student loan.

Need a job? take a piss test. Pass your piss test, well we are going to test you every fucking week.

Need a job? You got busted for pot? Fuck you. Go collect welfare.

Hmmm, without a good job, I can't pay for an education, because I cant get a loan because I got busted for a bag of harmless plant matter. Without an education, I can't get a good job. No education, no job, I become a burden on society.

A revolving fucking door.



2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

Quote:
You, sir, are a brainwashed, parrot for the government.


Quote:
I especially hate drunks. As a matter of fact, I don't hang out with stoners either! I am admittedly a loner.


Quote:
Anyone who supports prohibition is part of the problem and an accomplice to the greatest crime wave in history.


Quote:
If you are for the status quo, then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!


Although they do say of course "Just because they say you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!" :wink:

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Caputh wrote:
Paranoia. Some definitions.

par·a·noi·a (pr-noi)
n.
1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution...

Quote:
The only thing I'm bitter about is having been lied to my whole fucking life by people who are supposed to be looking out for me
.

...with or without grandeur...

Quote:
My father didn't fight in the Battle of The Bulge so that I could be profiled by some fucking jerkoff cop on the Jersey Turnpike.


Quote:
What you did 20 years ago is a faded memory during a time where true knowledge about cannabis was deliberately repressed.


Quote:
If you are for legalization, then say so and support your position with passion. If you are indifferent, keep your mouth shut.


...often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.

Quote:
It's because MILLIONS of lives have been ruined over an unjust law.

Need a college loan? Oh, you have a pot conviction. Fuck you. Don't pass go. Don't collect a student loan.

Need a job? take a piss test. Pass your piss test, well we are going to test you every fucking week.

Need a job? You got busted for pot? Fuck you. Go collect welfare.

Hmmm, without a good job, I can't pay for an education, because I cant get a loan because I got busted for a bag of harmless plant matter. Without an education, I can't get a good job. No education, no job, I become a burden on society.

A revolving fucking door.



2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

Quote:
You, sir, are a brainwashed, parrot for the government.


Quote:
I especially hate drunks. As a matter of fact, I don't hang out with stoners either! I am admittedly a loner.


Quote:
Anyone who supports prohibition is part of the problem and an accomplice to the greatest crime wave in history.


Quote:
If you are for the status quo, then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!


Although they do say of course "Just because they say you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!" :wink:



Apparantly you have a desire to rearrange quotes and definitions to suit your purpose, whatever that is.

You mistake passion for anger and paranoia.

It's clear that you do not support legalization, but confusion and chaos.

You are the problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4870
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
My dear Bugler, as I have made clear a number of times, I DO support legalization of marijuana, perhaps not as vehemently as you do, as I don't smoke it anymore. Unfortunately, I don't find very many of your arguments convincing, nor do I find the way you insult people who disagree with you very endearing. My basic point being - if you can't convince people like me (who agree with your basic premise!!) that your arguments are cogent and objective, what chance do you have with people who disagree with your basic premise? Linking to "pro-marijuana site" is just as useful as linking to a "government sponsored site" i.e. not very useful at all. If you want to convince people the law should be changed, I would suggest using different tactics.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Caputh wrote:
My dear Bugler, as I have made clear a number of times, I DO support legalization of marijuana, perhaps not as vehemently as you do, as I don't smoke it anymore. Unfortunately, I don't find very many of your arguments convincing, nor do I find the way you insult people who disagree with you very endearing. My basic point being - if you can't convince people like me (who agree with your basic premise!!) that your arguments are cogent and objective, what chance do you have with people who disagree with your basic premise? Linking to "pro-marijuana site" is just as useful as linking to a "government sponsored site" i.e. not very useful at all. If you want to convince people the law should be changed, I would suggest using different tactics.



I don't know at what point you were insulted, because I've been very careful to be respectful.

Calling someone brainwashed? It may not be politically correct, but the truth is often times hard to swallow and at times needs to be blunty spoken. Did I ever call you an asshole? No. That would be a direct insult.

If you do support legalization as you say, then, as I said earlier your presentation does nothing but add to confusion and choas leaving readers of this thread who might be for legalization, indifferent. Evil prevails when a good man does nothing.
You might not like my delivery, but my facts are accurate.

Have a nice day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4870
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
The trouble with "passion" is that it tends to make neutral observers think that you are unable to take arguments that speak against your premise into account. Thus, they tend to view said premise as biased and therefore inacceptable.
The word "asshole" is not generally taken to be the exclusive term that provokes the feeling of being insulted; telling me what I experienced 20 years ago is down to failing memory on my part is insulting. Equally, indicating that a friend of mine (who you don't know) was "mad anyway" could also be taken to be insulting. Further, referring to somebody as a "parrot for the government" could also be taken as an insult. These are also not "facts" that you can prove -they are throwaway remarks that debase your argument. In my "paranoia" post above I have, actually, indicated where I think your arguments are convincing, but your "passion" weakens them.
In some ways I do sympathize with Zappa's position on this topic i.e. legalization but do it at home. Assuming you are a fan, I suppose you already know that he forbade members of his band from smoking marijuana when they were on tour with him and wouldn't allow people to smoke marijuana in his house.
Even though I quite like spreading chaos and confusion this was not my prime motivation in this case; it was to point out where I think your arguments fail.
Have a good one yourself.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group