Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ron Paul supporters?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:20 pm 

What's the feeling about Ron Paul, that's if you have any feeling's left.

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul supporters?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:23 am 

I've supported him since 2008. The establishment in this country is dead-set against him, mostly because he represents real change, not phony Obama-style change.

There has been some discussion about the man here at this forum, most notably between SPACEBROTHER and baddy, a debate that turned into a panty-twisting fracas, mostly because baddy said something bad about SPACEBROTHER's dead daddy, then had the temerity to delete it. The whole thing was just awful.

Anyway, do us all a favor and delete your post before this turns into another toddler war.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:01 am 

Was?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 am 

who gives a fuck anyway? it's US politics... they're fucked whichever way they go

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:58 am 

Fuck Ron Paul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 am 

He seemed like an interesting alternative during the last presidential campaign. But then again, is somebody who can never be elected really an alternative? His Tea Party son got elected to the Senate in Kentucky and I don't care much for him. Father and son seem pretty closely linked at this time so maybe I misread the elder from the outset. That is all I have to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:00 am 

Don't fall for corporate media bullshit. If enough people vote for him, then he is elected.

That's how it works. Ron is very good at drawing votes from both conservatives and liberals. He can get enough votes to win if the media-bot jellybrains in the middle percieve him to be popular...and he is very popular, but the media cannot acknowledge it, because they are military-industial complex establishment shills.

A return to freedom and minimal government is the last thing they want.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:14 pm 

You can find out more than you need to know what Ron Paul is really about here...

ONLY 17 EXTREMISTS VOTE AGAINST AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.

and here...

Partial List Of Ron Paul's Voting Record

and here...

10 Reason Not To Vote For Ron Paul

1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.
2. Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.
3. Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.
4. Ron Paul’s tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes.
5. Ron Paul’s policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.
6. A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.
7. Ron Paul discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation and would not provide equal rights and protections to glbt citizens.
8. Ron Paul has an unnatural obsession with guns.
9. Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system.
10. Ron Paul is opposed to the separation of church and state.

and here...

Why Ron Paul is Wrong

and some forum commentary about Ron Paul here...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

...apparently Ron Paul is another religious fanatic and just as much as a pro-corporate scam artist as the rest of 'em. His supporters are as belligerent as those racists from the Tea Party, and many of them are one in the same.

I'm one of those voter's in the middle and would never vote for that phoney. I don't need the news media to tell me, or not tell me about him. Ron Paul talks the talk, but his voting record speaks louder than any rhetoric that spews from his mouth.

thenoisydrum wrote:
Fuck Ron Paul
My sentiment exactly.

...and while were at it, Fuck that douche "A Rope Leash" too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:30 pm 

Yes, I enjoy his folksy manner. But it's a facade. His record speaks for itself. His "anti-government" shtik goes to far, imo. In addition, his current semi-popularity with the right is tenuous at best; when things get serious he'll bottom out in the polls in favor of more extremist candidates. He really has a tiny core constituency, which means he won't be able to get elected or even nominated.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:36 pm 

I was interested in what you guys thought on the guy. From my perspective (not being American) what I see is the major media doesn't like him and for me that is a reason to check him out.
There is an episode of On The Edge where Max Keiser and Alex Jones discuss the media's aversion to Ron Paul.
http://maxkeiser.com/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:27 pm 

Oh gosh, another politics thread. You can find evidence that your candidate, no matter who it is, will do a swell job and turn things around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Oh gosh, another politics thread. You can find evidence that your candidate, no matter who it is, will do a swell job and turn things around.

He's not my candidate, I'm not Amnerican. I was interested to see if anybody had a positive thing to say about Ron Paul and the impending financial chaos of your country. Aren't you the people that line the pockets of the "to big to fail banks" through higher prices, taxes and a dwindling job market, Oh gosh, I'd be pissed over that one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:09 am 

Very few people in America wanted the bank bailouts, but our leaders did it anyway. Not many are 100% behind the wars, but we keep on with them...Syria is probably next. A lot of folks are fed up with the awful drug wars, but they are continually escalated. People see that our rights to freedom and property are being taken away in the name of "security", and they don't like it, but it continues to happen.

That's because the polititians do not represent the people. They represent the money...rich folks and corporations.

Then, a man like Ron Paul comes around, and offers to restore our freedoms, and give us back our economy, to stop the wars and empire...and what happens? People believe the mass media when it tells them that he can't be elected. Why?

Well, they can't imagine living without Big Brother's big dick to suck on. They don't understand freedom. They want a large forceful entity to rule them and tell them what to do and what's right. In short, they are stupid children, scared of their abusive parents, and to cowardly to kill them.

So, we get a phony, contrived-by-media left-right paradigm, and all the sheople fall for it like a sheering line. Divide and conquer, that's the game...and all the sheep have to do is stop cooperating. We need to get behind a solid leader who will get us out of this money control, but first, we have to get beyond the mind control.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 am 

Cannabis Prohibition is a Masterpiece in the Art of Brainwashing.

Ron Paul is a physician by trade. He KNOWS pot is harmless and he knows the drug war is ILLEGITIMATE.

He's also a fiscal conservative who has the common sense to end the war on pot and direct the tax free dollars that go to the cartels ($88 BILLION A YEAR) into the UNITED STATES economy.

We need JOBS and we need CASH. Pot legalization provides both. And it ends an unjust war on the people smart enough to use it instead of booze or tobacco.

AT THIS TIME IN HISTORY, ANYONE WHO IS FOR THE PROHIBITION OF POT SHOULD BE BEATEN SENSELESS (FOR BEING SO IGNORANT) AND THEN SHOT DEAD FOR HELPING TO RUIN THE LIVES OF 20 MILLION PEOPLE.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:10 am 

Ron Pauls is anti-abortion, anti-gay and he's a religious fanatic. He's also anti-environment. For a doctor, he's no man of science. Thats all anybody really needs to know.

Besides, he's unelectable. A "pipe dream". He talks the talk, but his actual voting record is anything but Centrist Liberatarian.

Some of Ron Pauls top donors includes some compainies who were bailed out, war profiteers, big p-h-a-r-m-a, the oil industry. http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contr ... =N00005906

Ron Paul is a charlatan. There are true Centrist Liberatarian's who get far less media coverage than Ron Paul who are better choices.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:17 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Ron Paul is a charlatan. There are true Centrist Liberatarian's who get far less media coverage than Ron Paul who are better choices.

That may be true , but , sadly , they are also like Ron Paul...unelectable .

:|

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:03 pm 

What a load of bullshit! Ron Paul Has his own views on abortion and gay rights...as anyone does. But, he believes in freedom. That means no government intrusion in the private affairs of people.

Fools act as if Ron Pauls' election means everything Ron Paul wants he will get. Has this been true for Obama?

Ron Paul has won nearly every Republican straw poll so far. Who says he can't be elected?

If the people vote for him, he can be elected. If you let the media decide for you who can and cannot be elected, we are going to wind up with another corporate robot, like Bush and Obama.

Ron Paul is a politician. He takes donations from corporate interests, just like all the others. So what? He also takes money from freedom-desiring individuals every where...in fact, he raises an assload of money from people who are hoping they can get the lard-ass government off their backs...some how some way.

Who do you think Frank would vote for?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:13 pm 

Supporting government intrusion against women who seek abortions and supportinh government intrusion against gay/lesbian from marriage rights is exactly that, the supporting of government intrusion into the private affairs of people.

I don't presume to know how Frank Zappa would have voted. The mere notion that someone would claim to know how Zappa would have voted speaks volumes, especially from an over-inflated ego that would prop themselves up with a statement like this...
Quote:
But of course, I'm bored anyway and I have to say something, so I post this. I call it writing practice. I don't expect anyone to really pay attention, because we all know that the last thing anyone ever does is listen to the smart guy.

Yeah whatever. :lol: :mrgreen:

So Mr. smart guy, if you are as smart as you claim to be, how come you've never mentioned any of these guys?

Roger Gary - http://2012.libertarian-party.org/Gary/

Carl Person - http://2012.libertarian-party.org/Person/

R. Lee Wrights - http://2012.libertarian-party.org/Wrights/

Wayne Allyn Root - http://2012.libertarian-party.org/

...or any of the candidates mentioned here?...

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.c ... ac-report/

You would think far a person who has such an advanced level of intellect over everybody else, that they would actually be smart enough to analyze Ron Pauls voting record in comparison to his donor list and see exactly who would and has benefited, then make the simple deduction that he is anything but a small government-fair trade-equal rights-anti war candidate.

Unless of course, there is an ulterior motive to try to gain support for Ron Paul.

Really...who's bullshitting who? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 am 

Thanks for the certificate, SpaceBro!

Why didn't I mention the Liberatarian candidates or the independents?

Because we are talking about Ron Paul. If you want to talk about some people who really don't have much chance of winning, then we should talk about the third-party tryers. All the jellybrains in the middle don't even realize other candidates are running, and we all know why...because the media will not acknowledge them, because the media, like the government, is wholly controlled by corporate interests, who will not allow anyone near the pResidency who is not in lockstep with their marching tune.

Ron Paul is morally against abortion. After years of struggle with the subject, I also think that the moral choice is to have the baby if at all possible. Ron Paul is a baby doctor...Dr. Paul...so he's seen abortion and he knows something about it. As far as the law goes, he doesn't think the Federal government should make any law regarding abortion, and that the states should hold this power. He damn sure doesn't think the Federal government should pay for anyone's abortion. That said, don't get all cranky about it, and stop acting as if everything Ron Paul believes will become law when he's elected. There's a very good possiblity that you'll still be able to kill your baby before it has a chance to breathe, even after Ron Paul has served eight years in the White House.

As for gay rights and gay marriage, Ron is very clear on this subject. Goverment has no business sticking their nose in any of it. He might be morally opposed himself to homosexualtiy, but he believes in personal freedom. He doesn't think government should be involved in marriage at all...it should be a religious rite, and that's it.

There's a lot of disinformation out there about Ron Paul. That's to be expected, since he is so feared by the controlling class. As per ususal, corporate dumb-bots always bring up the wedge issues, and never bring up the real issues. He's going to bring our troops home. He's going to give us as much freedom as possible, according to the Constitution, and stop throwing us in jail for bullshit. We are going to stop being the world's prick policeman, and we're going to concentrate on our own country. That's the core of Ron Paul, and that is stuff a pResident can do on his own without much acquiesence from the other branches of government.

As for his voting record, he isn't known as Dr. No for nothing. He didn't vote for war, and he didn't vote for bailouts. If he ever did vote for something outside of his normal platform, he did it because he is a politician, because that's how it works, a vote for this for a vote for that or some other consideration. Surely you understand that.

As we can see from bugler's post, Ron Paul is bringing the potheads and gun nuts together, and anyone that can do that can unify this nation.

With all this said, I can surely state that it's all just writing practice for me. Nobody gives a shit what I think, especially people whose minds are trapped inside the corporate box. Americans never listen to the smart guy...they don't even like intelligence. This is why we wind up with morons as our leaders.

But, what I don't get, Spacebro, is why you would spend so much time on these obscure forum debates. It must take you hours to compile your graphic posts. I sometimes wonder if you aren't working for the NSA, since you have so much time for this, and you continually hawk the corporate-government viewpoint. I might be the king of all bullshitters, but at least I'm thinking my own thoughts.

I can't say who Frank would vote for, either...but I'm sure he would give heavy consideration to freedom mongers like Ron Paul.

Here's a little music for y'all this morning...

http://dailybail.com/home/my-country-my-ass.html

VOTE NO in 2012!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27 am 

Forget the democrats. The REPUBLICANS would never allow Ron Paul to be their candidate for president. No fuckin' way.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:36 pm 

WHO GIVES A FUCK? What the hell does this have to do with music. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:40 pm 

I support Ru Paul. Well, sort of. Not a fan of his music and I only know him off the South Park soundtrack and, oh woe, the Queer Duck theme, but I do support him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:05 pm 

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm 

Yes, Ronnie...it is testament to how much the establishment fears the kind of change Ron Paul would bring, that they have a guy who can win but they won't support him.

Cletus, you can't say Frank wasn't political.

Ru Paul? Is that still alive?

Great summation, cleon...lol, and I NEVER lol!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm 

Cletus wrote:
WHO GIVES A FUCK? What the hell does this have to do with music. :roll:

The white zone is for Anal Probe Insertion. If you need Anal Probe Insertion go to the white zone.