Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: You go, SpaceBro!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:04 pm 

...and the progressive Democrat's candidate for pResident is?

Barak Obama?!

ha ha ha ha ha!

Talk about someone that doesn't have a chance of winning!

:P

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul supporters?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:53 pm 

Uncle Bernie wrote:
who gives a fuck anyway? it's US politics... they're fucked whichever way they go
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
if there's any country on this planet, where it doesn't matter who's president, it's the good ol u.s.a.
corporate america rules anyway. totally.
well, maybe I should explain what I really meant to say; it doesn't matter if the president is republican or democrat. ok.
but, if he's ron paul? no, thanks.

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: You go, SpaceBro!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 am 

A rope leash wrote:
...and the progressive Democrat's candidate for pResident is?

Barak Obama?!

ha ha ha ha ha!

Talk about someone that doesn't have a chance of winning!

He's already won once, and as the next 13 or so months progress, a lot can and probably will happen. Most likely an Obama/Perry battle for White House.

On the other hand, we all already know Ron Paul won't make it passed the primaries. Not even a close second.

ha ha ha ha ha! :mrgreen:

Of course, RP supporter's are free to follow that dellusion to their hearts content. Whatever makes your panties wet.

Back in 2008, here in Michigan, the public voted in favor of medical marijuana by an overwhelming 63% margin. That was during an election that favored Democrats. In 2010, the Republicans won the state in landslides. Guess what? The Republican controlled Govenorship, Republican controlled state House and Senate, the Republican controlled attorney general, the Republican controlled appeals court and supreme courts are stripping away the medical marijuana bill right from under the majority support. So far they've banned dispensaries and take away peoples housing/health subsidies just for having a card, regardless if you use it or not.

If Rick Perry were to win the primary, which at this point is the most likely scenario, and beats Obama in the national election, and with at least one House in the legislative branch controlled by Republicans, I guarantee that all states that passed a pro-marijuana bill will lose it. America will become a police state.

If marijuana legalization is your top issue, the choice will be obvious. I don't use marijuana, but support medicinal or legalization, even if whether it's there or not is of no personal consequence to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:53 am 

AnotherSteve wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-black, anti-senior-citizen, anti-equality, anti-education, pro-communist-witch-hunt

You can't back up a single one of those labels, Space Demogogue. There are huge coalitions of blacks, gays, women, and senior citizens who fully support Dr. Paul.

Um, actually I did, in that very post you quoted. Right here in case you missed or ignored it...

http://www.alternet.org/news/152192/

and here...
http://www.alternet.org/story/152217/wh ... &rd=1&t=21

and if that doesn't provide enough information for you, there are always these links too...

here...
http://disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/708 ... t_Buddies/

and here...
http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/200 ... ainst.html

and here...
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/20 ... -ron-paul/

and here...

here...

here...
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t827213/

here...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/24 ... upremacist

here...
http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ro ... gress.html

...and thats only the tip of the iceberg.

But of course, the Tea totalers aren't interested in anything as inconvienent such as facts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm 

Hold on there Spacebro! It's alright, man. Everything's cool.

I even agree with you now, man...those links, man...those rock-solid links!

Ron Paul is an asshole. Your right , baddy!

I mean buddy!

You're right, buddy!

Thanks for setting me straight, pal!

I'm just gonna back out of here real slow like. I won't be making no funny moves!

We cool!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 pm 

...let me step back in here and drop this off real quick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH75aZco ... r_embedded

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Hold on there Spacebro! It's alright, man. Everything's cool.

I even agree with you now, man...those links, man...those rock-solid links!

Ron Paul is an asshole. Your right , baddy!

I mean buddy!

You're right, buddy!

Thanks for setting me straight, pal!

I'm just gonna back out of here real slow like. I won't be making no funny moves!

We cool!

"Mr. I'm the smartest guy on the forum", you obviously aren't going to vote for the black guy. So who are you going to vote for already knowing that Ron Paul doesn't even stand a chance to make it passed the primary? <insert ha ha ha ha ha here> Rick Perry? Sarah Palin? Michelle Bachman? Not vote at all? Is choosing not to vote because Ron Paul won't win the sign of a true intellectual? :lol: :wink:

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm 

Why the hell does race enter into every fuckin' debate in here ? :? :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:13 pm 

In the case of Ron Paul, it appears appropriate...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t827213/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/24 ... upremacist

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=9

...but in the context of Rope-a-Dope's "We cool" comment, then I would interpret that as a form of race baiting. A prime example of the the rotten egg ruining the basket.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm 

Regardless, Ron Paul is unelectable. If the "smartest guy on the forum" is smart enough to put all of his money down on a losing hand, then he's invited to the p-o-k-e-r tourney.

Post subject: pfft!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm 

Calm down, Spacebro. I said I was smart. I don't recall saying I was the smartest guy on the forum. I might have said that, but I don't think so. I'm one of the smartest. I'm one of the greatest bullshitters, that's for sure.

I don't recall ever speaking much of Obama's race, either. He's a white guy, too you know...probably more so than black. I don't mind the intellectual superior label, but I can assure you I'm not a racist.

Like Ron Paul. He's a racist, through and through, just like your links say. We'll be back to slavery after four years of Ron Paul, that's for sure. Glad you warned me.

But, I still think I'm going to vote for him, because I'm anti-war. I'm not like progressive Democrats. I hate war, and wasteful government.

If he doesn't get the nomination, I'll probably pick a third party candidate to vote for. That's because I vote by my conscience, not by my party...and when once again we are confronted with two evils nominated, then the burden of having chosen evil will fall on those that voted for it.

Bleh!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm 

Hang on a second...check this out...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koe ... ostpopular

This is getting really scary.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Why the hell does race enter into every fuckin' debate in here ? :? :roll:

Wow, that's rich, coming from one of the forum's great race baiters.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 am 

AnotherSteve wrote:
That's the kind of posting you get from people who cannot form an argument.

i thought it was funny. does humour belong in an fz forum?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:09 am 

Race baiter , Ronny ???

Where the fuck have I brought up race in an debate as an opening statement ??

It's you, SB and Plook ( Pres Blacki-black-man ) that do that.

The more ' liberals ' and ' dumbocrats ' that I encounter , the more I hear about race.

You ' color blind hypocrites ' bring up race in EVERY arguement you have.

Don't put words in my mouth , asshole.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 am 

Touchy, aren't we? :mrgreen:

I never mentioned opening statements. Over and over, you dismiss actual racism, which is documented for hundreds of years (and even in here over the past month) with diversions about how much black on white racism exists. As if reverse racism - while it exists - is even 1% as prevalent and deadly as what's experienced by blacks on a daily basis. We're all sorry you've had some bad experiences with race. But if you would get your head out of your butt and look around, you might see a more objective bigger picture. You are a classic race baiter Pedro. Why not cop to it and deal with why you cling to it so strongly, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Boo hoo.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 am 

Fingthish! See what you started?

Panties twisted all around!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am 

This debate calls for sensible underpants and more over-the-top hyperbole.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:08 am 

Ronny , as I've stated over and over ... If you go looking for racism , you're gonna find it.

My question to you , SB & Plook.. why do you guys spend so much time looking for it ? Every post one of you guys make always includes some ineuendo about race.

Does it make you feel better calling people out over it ? Does it inflate your egos pretending to be so all concerned about different colors ?

Most black guys I deal with could care less.

For so called tolerant color blind Dems , you guys sure spend a lot of time pulling out that race card. Must be that superiority complex huh ?

White guilt maybe ?? :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:27 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Ronny , as I've stated over and over ... If you go looking for racism , you're gonna find it.
Are you saying racism is so minor that one needs to look for it to find it??

My question to you , SB & Plook.. why do you guys spend so much time looking for it ? Every post one of you guys make always includes some ineuendo about race.
Look back over this thread. You'll see that's not true. But, for me, I don't shy away from it, and I will bring it up if I think it's necessary. I think you're like that too, although from a different angle.

Does it make you feel better calling people out over it ? Does it inflate your egos pretending to be so all concerned about different colors?
It does feel better to call out racism when I see it. That's a good thing. To be unconcerned about "different colors" would be a lie.

Most black guys I deal with could care less.
Once again, that doesn't make the bigger picture false, does it? Would your black friends say there is no racism?

For so called tolerant color blind Dems , you guys sure spend a lot of time pulling out that race card. Must be that superiority complex huh ?
No one is color blind, from the left or right.

White guilt maybe ?? :wink:
Or, in your case, white privilege

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 pm 

Ronny , I live in one of the most racial cities north of the mason dixon line. I live in a mostly black area. Most of my neighbors are black , some of my co workers are black , my doctor , my banker , my son's friends... black.

Now how is it that this mostly white bread guy can get along with these other people and the subject of race never comes up ?

Maybe it's because we look a little deeper at each other. Maybe we have respect for each other , no matter what color we are. And that's the common denominator isn't it ? Respect ?

Maybe you're the kinda guy that looks at a white guy and just assumes he's a racist just because he's white. Maybe you're the type of guy that looks at a black guy and just assumes he's been mistreated all his life.

Asian ? Must be smart , huh ?
Jewish ? Must be rich and stingy , huh ?

White privilege ? How could you possibly assume that about me when you don't even know who the fuck I am ?? Do you say that because I'm white ? Are you privileged and white ??

If all your color classification makes you feel better , good for you. To me it's very shallow thinking so fuck you and your predetermined stereotyping and labels. I get along with people of all races because I treat them with the same respect they give me. They don't respect me or mine , no matter what color they are , I have no use for them ... or a true race baiter .. like you.

Have a crappy day Ronnie :P :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:13 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Ronny , I live in one of the most racial cities north of the mason dixon line. I live in a mostly black area. Most of my neighbors are black , some of my co workers are black , my doctor , my banker , my son's friends... black.

Now how is it that this mostly white bread guy can get along with these other people and the subject of race never comes up ?

pedro - I have no idea if you're a race baiter and have no intention of looking up past posts to prove it one way or another and Ronnys can fight his own battles anyway, but yer post sounds... uncomfortable. Imo, race never coming up in your conversations with neighbors and friends is actually kind of odd. Race topics are in the news all the time and lend themselves to conversation.
Quote:
Maybe it's because we look a little deeper at each other. Maybe we have respect for each other , no matter what color we are. And that's the common denominator isn't it ? Respect ?
Respect - thats cool. But, as the saying goes, "would you rather have the respect or love of others?" The picture you are drawing is sounding more like aquaintences than friends. Thats fine, but personally, I am less likely to discuss sensitive topics with aquaintences.
Quote:
Maybe you're the kinda guy that looks at a white guy and just assumes he's a racist just because he's white. Maybe you're the type of guy that looks at a black guy and just assumes he's been mistreated all his life.

Asian ? Must be smart , huh ?
Jewish ? Must be rich and stingy , huh ?

White privilege ? How could you possibly assume that about me when you don't even know who the fuck I am ?? Do you say that because I'm white ? Are you privileged and white ??

There is a saying that I'm sure I'm getting wrong, but the point is that the person who has the wind at their back often doesn't know it, while the person who has the wind in their face feels it every moment. To be white in the USA is to be privileged, especially in relation to other races.
Quote:
If all your color classification makes you feel better , good for you. To me it's very shallow thinking so fuck you and your predetermined stereotyping and labels. I get along with people of all races because I treat them with the same respect they give me. They don't respect me or mine , no matter what color they are , I have no use for them ... or a true race baiter .. like you.

Have a crappy day Ronnie :P :lol: :lol:

It is shorthand to dismiss race as color. There are a million ways to look at race, but color is probably the most useless.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:39 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
pedro - I have no idea if you're a race baiter and have no intention of looking up past posts to prove it one way or another and Ronnys can fight his own battles anyway, but yer post sounds... uncomfortable. Imo, race never coming up in your conversations with neighbors and friends is actually kind of odd. Race topics are in the news all the time and lend themselves to conversation.

Race comes up but it's not the finger pointing conversations that you people seem to have. We don't seem to dwell on the causes like some of you in here do. We accept each other for what we are and how we treat others. A mutual respect. Most of the blacks I associate with know they have gotten their various jobs from affirmative action and even they will tell you that it sometimes can be unfair to white people. Do blacks in your neighborhood acknowlege that ?

Respect - thats cool. But, as the saying goes, "would you rather have the respect or love of others?" The picture you are drawing is sounding more like aquaintences than friends. Thats fine, but personally, I am less likely to discuss sensitive topics with aquaintences.

Doesn't love and respect go hand in hand ??

There is a saying that I'm sure I'm getting wrong, but the point is that the person who has the wind at their back often doesn't know it, while the person who has the wind in their face feels it every moment. To be white in the USA is to be privileged, especially in relation to other races.

It can work two ways if you have an open enough mind to see it. Some of the white people I know that you would call ' privileged ' are some of the stupidest people I know. Some people actually can reason better from a little struggling in life.

It is shorthand to dismiss race as color. There are a million ways to look at race, but color is probably the most useless.[/quote]

If you really feel that way , why even respond to a post about color ??

Not many of my ' white ' friends listen to jazz , swing or funk. Luckily , most of my black ' aquiantences ' ( as you call them ) , do. A common bond that knows no color .. only taste.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:39 pm 

I live in an area that is historically Conservative. Most of the communities around me are some of the most Conservative in the coun try, despite that the higher populous areas are more diverse. That being said, the demographic in my area is mostly white. There are even some communities that are entirely caucasion. I'm forunate to live in a pocket that is a bit more culturally diverse in the midst of Tea Bag Hell.

One of the ways where race and politics are predominant locally is that, when the Republican party took control of my state, one of the first actions taken was to redistrict my city. The area's that have higher black and hispanic populations, and Democrat leaning, were absorbed into the rural districts that aren't even geographically close. It doesn't take rocket science to see why it was done.

Race is a big enough issue here where the politically motivated white Conservative demographic is actively trying to shut out the political competition. Why is it that the more culturally diverse districts have to be forced into a more difficult life because a bunch of white guys who live over 100 miles out of the city who aren't even a part of the local tax base, and are from (to quote Frank Zappa) "Socially Retarded" areas, get to dictate urban politics that don't directly affect them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next