Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:49 pm 

Seriously,I'm not serious about being seriously serious,unless of course it's is a serious case,seriously.In that case I'm serious and you gots to be kidding? In that case I'm not serious....seriously.I am how ever seriously kidding,I'm serious! OK?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Seriously,I'm not serious about being seriously serious,unless of course it's is a serious case,seriously.In that case I'm serious and you gots to be kidding? In that case I'm not serious....seriously.I am how ever seriously kidding,I'm serious! OK?

For sure

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:02 am 

Someone mentioned "Think outside the box". While I obviously have no problem with its linguistic metaphorical part (after all, language without metaphors or figures of speech is about as interesting as three chord rock'n'roll), one thing really pisses me off with its manipulative usage in particular!

The ones who pass themselves on as "thinkers outside of the box" or even "true freethinkers/nonconformists/blah blah blah" are usually the ones mired in most stupidity: Christian fundamentalists, New Age crap peddlers, conspiracy theory nutcases, people who entertain ridiculous alien fantasies as the ultimate reality, anti-science nutcases and so on. If I'm the most conformist when I align myself with rationalist principles, then fine, so long as conformity actually equals common sense, your only hope in the world of abundant stupidity, religious fanaticism, Cosmik Debris and blatant anti-intellectualism.

So, the crap I never hope to hear again is: "Think Outside the Box" when it most clearly equals: "Your rationalist biases are skewed, better adjust your thinking to (insert your favorite baloney theory here)". That, or thinking that being a "nonconformist" is an excuse to wallow in victim mentality a la "waaah, the whole world hates us because we don't believe in the Official Story (TM) about this or that".

Look here brothers and sisters, don't jive me with your cosmik debris! Go spread that stuff around San Francisco if you have to!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:23 am 

Me, I think outside the flock.
http://www.bartbonte.com/duck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:57 am 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
Someone mentioned "Think outside the box". While I obviously have no problem with its linguistic metaphorical part (after all, language without metaphors or figures of speech is about as interesting as three chord rock'n'roll), one thing really pisses me off with its manipulative usage in particular!

The ones who pass themselves on as "thinkers outside of the box" or even "true freethinkers/nonconformists/blah blah blah" are usually the ones mired in most stupidity: Christian fundamentalists, New Age crap peddlers, conspiracy theory nutcases, people who entertain ridiculous alien fantasies as the ultimate reality, anti-science nutcases and so on. If I'm the most conformist when I align myself with rationalist principles, then fine, so long as conformity actually equals common sense, your only hope in the world of abundant stupidity, religious fanaticism, Cosmik Debris and blatant anti-intellectualism.

So, the crap I never hope to hear again is: "Think Outside the Box" when it most clearly equals: "Your rationalist biases are skewed, better adjust your thinking to (insert your favorite baloney theory here)". That, or thinking that being a "nonconformist" is an excuse to wallow in victim mentality a la "waaah, the whole world hates us because we don't believe in the Official Story (TM) about this or that".

Look here brothers and sisters, don't jive me with your cosmik debris! Go spread that stuff around San Francisco if you have to!

Ed don't need no watch to know what time it is.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ed don't need no watch to know what time it is.

Well, I'm glad you didn't say that he be clockin'!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:49 am 

so called fans

[427 matches]

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 am 

"He came to play..."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:47 pm 

Ed,please leave San Francisco out of it! Ever since the 50's every nut in the world goes to the SF bay area when they can't "find themselves" back home! We had the Beats (beatniks) in N. Beach late 50's early 60's then the Hippies in The Haight for the rest of the 60's.They brought 100 thousand homeless runaways to live on our streets in a 3yr. period.Then everyone with an issue came here to get their message out.Gay Power,Womens Lib,free radicals,free Huey,free food,free love,free self awareness,(Hari Khrishna,EST,Scientology,bible thumpers,ect.).It's true that San Francisco is the cultural billabong of the world,come have a drink,fill yuor canteen,then off you go to spread you word or whatever someplace else. LA is where they should go.It has a better climate and plenty of room and Movie Stars too. SF just has old hippies that want to fuck your 13 year old daughters and now sons too! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:19 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Ed,please leave San Francisco out of it! Ever since the 50's every nut in the world goes to the SF bay area when they can't "find themselves" back home! We had the Beats (beatniks) in N. Beach late 50's early 60's then the Hippies in The Haight for the rest of the 60's.They brought 100 thousand homeless runaways to live on our streets in a 3yr. period.Then everyone with an issue came here to get their message out.Gay Power,Womens Lib,free radicals,free Huey,free food,free love,free self awareness,(Hari Khrishna,EST,Scientology,bible thumpers,ect.).It's true that San Francisco is the cultural billabong of the world,come have a drink,fill yuor canteen,then off you go to spread you word or whatever someplace else. LA is where they should go.It has a better climate and plenty of room and Movie Stars too. SF just has old hippies that want to fuck your 13 year old daughters and now sons too! :mrgreen:

A lot of people I have met in the SF area over the last few years are from other countries or 2nd generation imigrants and they like SF because they feel safer and less herassed than they do in other cities around the U.S.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:19 pm 

Plook wrote:
A lot of people I have met in the SF area over the last few years are from other countries or 2nd generation imigrants and they like SF because they feel safer and less herassed than they do in other cities around the U.S.

The people of SF are almost always cool folks and your right alot from have come from other countries.It is safe there because of the diversity there.SF makes alot of people feel at home,so to speak.It's that way all around the bay now.It's those darned nuts that say take it to SF.They don't know that from block to block your going through culture to culture also.It's one of the best cities that includes peoples from all over the world. I just get bugged when someone says San Francisco like they mean all the loony's live there.We are all Bozo's on this bus!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:28 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

The people of SF are almost always cool folks and your right alot from have come from other countries.It is safe there because of the diversity there.SF makes alot of people feel at home,so to speak.It's that way all around the bay now.It's those darned nuts that say take it to SF.They don't know that from block to block your going through culture to culture also.It's one of the best cities that includes peoples from all over the world. I just get bugged when someone says San Francisco like they mean all the loony's live there.We are all Bozo's on this bus!

Or the Gay Bay. That's one I used to hear up here every once in a while.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:14 am 

People that say "How very dare you!"
It's taken from a comedy program (that I can't think of at the moment) but it's still really annoying when people use it themselves. It's alway certain types of people - Cockwodgers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
People that say "How very dare you!"
It's taken from a comedy program (that I can't think of at the moment) but it's still really annoying when people use it themselves. It's alway certain types of people - Cockwodgers

Catherine Tate Show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:35 pm 

I think I heard the Beastie Boys for the first time tonight. A lot of the instrumental stuff was very very good, but I could do without hearing one more lyric. Ever.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:29 am 

Sam I Am wrote:
I think I heard the Beastie Boys for the first time tonight. A lot of the instrumental stuff was very very good, but I could do without hearing one more lyric. Ever.

They actually have an all instrumental album that is excellent, does anyone know the name? :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:25 pm 

Plook wrote:
They actually have an all instrumental album that is excellent, does anyone know the name? :smoke:

if it's from 2007 it's called The Mix-Up.
i think they also had an instrumental compilation abum released in the late 90's but i don't remember the title.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 am 

myourself wrote:
Plook wrote:

if it's from 2007 it's called The Mix-Up.
i think they also had an instrumental compilation abum released in the late 90's but i don't remember the title.

The one from the 90's is what I'm thinking of, had some Tibetan sounds if I remember correctly and was generally very good... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:47 pm 

I actually like the songs with lyrics better than the instrumentals (though those can be swell, too.) It's like that with FZ, too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:36 am 

No dramas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm 

(insert a given age) is the new (insert a given age).

For instance, on a news story today, I heard a guy say "50 is the new 15" as he was getting a tattoo. No, I have no problem with tattoos. But do you need some lame ass excuse for an action you obviously consider to be immature? Why not just say "The world is full of immature pricks who are incapable of doing anything slightly out of line without feeling a need to justify their own actions" or "Damn, look how clever I am as I spit out the same old cliched bullshit, but by twisting it ever so slightly, so I sound damn cool"? I guess that is just not as catchy, and clever. :roll:

I know, have another glass of wine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 pm 

duchamp wrote:
(insert a given age) is the new (insert a given age).

For instance, on a news story today, I heard a guy say "50 is the new 15" as he was getting a tattoo. No, I have no problem with tattoos. But do you need some lame ass excuse for an action you obviously consider to be immature? Why not just say "The world is full of immature pricks who are incapable of doing anything slightly out of line without feeling a need to justify their own actions" or "Damn, look how clever I am as I spit out the same old cliched bullshit, but by twisting it ever so slightly, so I sound damn cool"? I guess that is just not as catchy, and clever. :roll:

I know, have another glass of wine.

50 may be the new 40, but 15, these people are out of their minds...put down the crack pipe... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 am 

Cowabunga dude!

Miasma!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 pm 

At least there was a limit on, "But this is the 90s!" Suffered ten years hearing that shit! Just quit trying to sanitize the bloody fucking shit out of our "dirty words" with fake Victorian substitutes! No more "frickin'", "freakin'" crap or respelling words "f*%#"! Try to pronounce that crap out loud!
And kill off, "issues" and "communities", "awareness" and "empowered". They mean nothing but people use them as if they did. This shit only gets worse with garbage like, "sooooo" (I'm soooo there!") -- aaargh! The sludge only gets deeper with idiocy of, "just sayin'" and "it's all good". Puke!
Our language! We can't read it anymore, we can't write it anymore!

I could go on and on but vomit fucks up the keyboard which is fucked up badly already with food!

--Bat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:50 am 

Anything having to do with Valentines. Bwuerk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next