The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Vaclav Havel passes away
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:01 am 

Fan & friend of FZ.

http://news.yahoo.com/havel-hero-anti-c ... 46433.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:42 pm 

that interview where Frank talks about trying to do business with Havel and the Czechs until the US government pulls the plug, from the A&E Biography (which as i understand is from an earlier BBC program) is priceless

RIP Vaclav

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 pm 

I just saw this on the news a few minutes ago and I came down to post it but....
I wasn't even paying attention until the sentence 'long-time Frank Zappa enthusiast' bypassed all my 'intolerably bad news' and 'celebretard news' filters and woke me up.

Miasma!

Post subject: re: vaclav havel r.i.p.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:45 pm 

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 am 

I like slime's posts, not because they are few lately, but because they are all very effective...
Nice one, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:01 pm 

Hi,

You know what is scariest for me?

Even in this board ... there is not enough appreciation for the "academic" or "intelectual" side of the work, and the family does not display that either, sticking to the rock hero subtext.

In the end, this is the kind of thing that will hurt the most ... rock heroes come and go and tomorrow the audience will have another one, and the appreciation of someone like a Frank Zappa dies with its "fans" ... and the son playing 5 tunes is not enough to carry the legacy!

We just need more articles that MATTER and help establish the artistry of it all ... so things like the Boston Trolop Pops doesn't get all the glory for playing 3rd class music that we're supposed to enjoy and they will never even touch Peaches en Regallia like the over-rated buffons that they are!

Anyway ... I like this board, but a lot of stuff here is really a drag ... and while it is fun, in the end, I'm not sure it's gonna help the family or the work a whole lot ... I can hope though ... I can hope ... but I understand ... I'm in the same boat, and the day my mom goes, so does the legacy of my own father and well known writer of Portuguese Literature, by a government that doesn't give a shit about arts, and treats the arts and its history like a bunch of crap that is already gone donw the sewer!