Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Had NO mail from ZFT...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am 

Dear fellow Forumers,

I'd like to make it VERY clear, again, that I never received any e-mail from the ZFT concerning my fansite, Packardgoose.com.

Since I posted it on April 1st and made it look a bit ridiculous by replacing all the Zappa with Zoppo on my Goose forum, I never thought anyone would fall for it, but it happened. Which made me chuckle deep down. But when someone receives threats over it, a line is crossed, and it's not funny anymore.

Please put back your pitchforks and lay down your arms. And please apologize and take back any threats you may have sent to the ZFT.

I apologize for pulling such a silly prank and for any harm this may have caused.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 am 

you're a fucking moron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 am 

I know you are, but what am I?

or

Wat je zegt ben je zelf, met je kop onder lijn 11.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:06 am 

For the record, I never contacted GZ, heh heh..... :wink:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 am 

It was a good one BBP, although not as good as the release of Buffalo five years ago. You fooled me, and it's been a while since anyone did that on April Fools Day. I can't imagine how any Zappa fan could take offense - how alien Zappa's sense of humour must have become to those poor sods!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 pm 

It was a good prank because it wasn't that far off from believable. Plus, as usual, I had no idea what day it was other than a Sunday.
I trust you've had no repercussions from ZFT?

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 am 

I felt compelled to send an apology letter to Gail after reading Ronnie's remark he sent Gail a letter;
whether he did that or not, it was only then that I realized there could be morons chiming in on such a story without checking how real it is and send threats. So I apologized to her, but still didn't realize the implications until I received a mail back that she'd had death threats. I feel guilty and stupid.

So, if I ever make an April Fool's again, it won't be next year and it won't involve any third party.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 am 

I think she's pulling an April Fools on you now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am 

I wouldn't worry too much. Some people aren't wound too tight and I'm sure that it wouldn't be the first time that Gail, the ZFT or anyone in the spotlight for that matter have recieved hate mail (or love mail; it pretty much equates to the same thing ultimately) from frothing fans and foaming nozzles via the interwebs.

I still say 'bravo' for pulling it off convincingly. :smoke:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 pm 

BBP wrote:
I feel guilty and stupid.

Meh - normal ebb and flow - welcome to the human race :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:41 pm 

Dark Clothes wrote:
It was a good one BBP, although not as good as the release of Buffalo five years ago. You fooled me, and it's been a while since anyone did that on April Fools Day. I can't imagine how any Zappa fan could take offense - how alien Zappa's sense of humour must have become to those poor sods!

I've run across a number of very sensitive fans over at alt.fan.frank-zappa over the years.
They get so easily bent out of shape over fake new FZ album press releases.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 pm 

BBP wrote:
I felt compelled to send an apology letter to Gail after reading Ronnie's remark he sent Gail a letter;
whether he did that or not, it was only then that I realized there could be morons chiming in on such a story without checking how real it is and send threats. So I apologized to her, but still didn't realize the implications until I received a mail back that she'd had death threats. I feel guilty and stupid.

So, if I ever make an April Fool's again, it won't be next year and it won't involve any third party.

For the record, I didn't send a letter to GZ. I was just joking, thinking it might provide a couple of yuks. I didn't realize anyone would take it all so seriously, it being 4/1 and all..... Sorry Bonny.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 am 

Nor would I.But Apotheosis would and has sent threats before,just for his free YCFTOSA downloads.That's right down his ally. It's sad these losers hang around just to pounce should the ZFT trip.But death threats,jesus that's just shitty! :evil:
Or...... did Gail think the joke spoke bad of her as head of the ZFT? It might have made her feel shitty and she "let you know how it feels" kinda thing? I don't know,but I think we all know now not to mess with Frank Zappa,Zappa,FZ,ZFT and the`stacheTM.I thought it was a good joke.Don't feel bad,there's always one or two prick's who don't want anyone to have any fun and thats their way of acting out.
Can Gail laugh at herself? Just wondering. :|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:47 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
BBP wrote:

For the record, I didn't send a letter to GZ. I was just joking, thinking it might provide a couple of yuks. I didn't realize anyone would take it all so seriously, it being 4/1 and all..... Sorry Bonny.

Oh no, I mean, you just gave me the idea that there would probably be a very bad downside to my joke, and that Gail would be suffering from that since she's the face of ZFT and her e-mail is publically available (and a lot of people seem to know where she lives, too).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:46 pm 

BBP wrote:

I apologize for pulling such a silly prank and for any harm this may have caused.

Sorry wont bring my brother back to life!!!

How could you??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:12 pm 

Jumper cables, a car battery and two damp sponges.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:15 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
Jumper cables, a car battery and two damp sponges.

Three squawking geese.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:02 pm 

At least.

Conductivity can be an issue too unless a decent supply of dielectric jelly is on hand. Or beak.

Miasma!