Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
VERY IMPORTANT NEWS:

Certain internet forums are now censoring the phrase “marijuana legalization” and treating it like “profanity”.

Here’s a link, check out my posts as “Mark allstarbuglers”.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.as ... 8d&_nwpt=1
..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
If that's what the person or persons who run that website want, there's nothing you can do. Except maybe make them feel silly enough about it to change it. I knew I guy who ran a forum that starred out all the profanity......and he STILL wanted people to stop cursing.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9347
Location: EINDHOVEN
calvin2hikers wrote:
If that's what the person or persons who run that website want, there's nothing you can do. Except maybe make them feel silly enough about it to change it. I knew I guy who ran a forum that starred out all the profanity......and he STILL wanted people to stop cursing.


You're talking about a Zoppo here, aren't you?

A forum on a webpage is not a public space, and the owner is allowed to set its own rules. That's how it is.

I'm just glad we can talk about Porn Wars here again.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
BBP wrote:
You're talking about a Zoppo here, aren't you?

A forum on a webpage is not a public space, and the owner is allowed to set its own rules. That's how it is.

I'm just glad we can talk about Porn Wars here again.


Never heard of Zoppo. It's another forum I frequent.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9347
Location: EINDHOVEN
DZW. :wink: Thought I'd throw in a reference to my prank.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
UPDATE: Now the folks at msn deleted my original 2 posts in their entirety. ( I tipped of all cannbis media - word seems to get out fast). So I reposted and sure enough the term "Marijuana legalization" is censored. Not "marijuana prohibition" though. And not "marijuana" or "Legalization", just the phrase "Marijuana Legalization"

Folks, Marijuana prohibition began with a bold faced lie that went unchallenged (it will make black men rape your white daughters). It has morphed into a masterpiece in the art of brainwashing. Look around. Why is this phrase treated as profanity? Because of the brainwashing and because the brainwashed want to keep the status quo - an unjust law aimed at blacks and hispanics and those of us who were enlightened to the benefits of this wonderful weed.

As long as you people sit on your asses and do nothing, this unjust law will come back and bite you in the ass in another form - like light bulbs, of which the old kind are now banned and considered contraband just like pot. Yep, pretty soon a cop might come a knocking on your door and haul your ass off to jail over possesion of an "illegal light bulb". Vote out ALL politicians who do not promise get pot relegalized. I have smoked pot since 1973. I am 54. Zappa never made it that far.

Welcome to the United Police States of America.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
bugler wrote:
UPDATE: Now the folks at msn deleted my original 2 posts in their entirety. ( I tipped of all cannbis media - word seems to get out fast). So I reposted and sure enough the term "Marijuana legalization" is censored. Not "marijuana prohibition" though. And not "marijuana" or "Legalization", just the phrase "Marijuana Legalization"

Folks, Marijuana prohibition began with a bold faced lie that went unchallenged (it will make black men rape your white daughters). It has morphed into a masterpiece in the art of brainwashing. Look around. Why is this phrase treated as profanity? Because of the brainwashing and because the brainwashed want to keep the status quo - an unjust law aimed at blacks and hispanics and those of us who were enlightened to the benefits of this wonderful weed.

As long as you people sit on your asses and do nothing, this unjust law will come back and bite you in the ass in another form - like light bulbs, of which the old kind are now banned and considered contraband just like pot. Yep, pretty soon a cop might come a knocking on your door and haul your ass off to jail over possesion of an "illegal light bulb". Vote out ALL politicians who do not promise get pot relegalized. I have smoked pot since 1973. I am 54. Zappa never made it that far.

Welcome to the United Police States of America.


What a HORRIBLE argument for legalization. We'll need brighter bulbs (haha) than you to get it legalized. I don't see it happening anyway for at least 200 years, if then.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
UPDATE: Now the folks at msn deleted my original 2 posts in their entirety. ( I tipped of all cannbis media - word seems to get out fast). So I reposted and sure enough the term "Marijuana legalization" is censored. Not "marijuana prohibition" though. And not "marijuana" or "Legalization", just the phrase "Marijuana Legalization"

Folks, Marijuana prohibition began with a bold faced lie that went unchallenged (it will make black men rape your white daughters). It has morphed into a masterpiece in the art of brainwashing. Look around. Why is this phrase treated as profanity? Because of the brainwashing and because the brainwashed want to keep the status quo - an unjust law aimed at blacks and hispanics and those of us who were enlightened to the benefits of this wonderful weed.

As long as you people sit on your asses and do nothing, this unjust law will come back and bite you in the ass in another form - like light bulbs, of which the old kind are now banned and considered contraband just like pot. Yep, pretty soon a cop might come a knocking on your door and haul your ass off to jail over possesion of an "illegal light bulb". Vote out ALL politicians who do not promise get pot relegalized. I have smoked pot since 1973. I am 54. Zappa never made it that far.

Welcome to the United Police States of America.


What a HORRIBLE argument for legalization. We'll need brighter bulbs (haha) than you to get it legalized. I don't see it happening anyway for at least 200 years, if then.


What part of my post is a horrible argument for legalization? The facts are indisputable. Prohibition began with a lie. Are you for it or against it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
bugler wrote:
What part of my post is a horrible argument for legalization? The facts are indisputable. Prohibition began with a lie. Are you for it or against it?


I wouldn't use prohibition as an argument since then it might occur to people to equate alcohol and marijuana, and why would you want to do that? Alcohol can destroy families, it can kill you, it's far more dangerous if you're driving while you're doing it. I get what you're saying about the original lie, but don't give the anti- crowd any means to correlate one thing with the other. And it doesn't matter if I'm for or against. I've never done it, but I have very good friends who do and I don't care. But it's not going to happen. Maybe some day when a candidate for senate or the presidency or whatever can say they've used pot (beyond "I tried it in college once or twice") and not be politically damaged is when it might be possible. Sure, public attitudes are changing a little. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. Seriously, do you?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
bugler wrote:
UPDATE: Now the folks at msn deleted my original 2 posts in their entirety. ( I tipped of all cannbis media - word seems to get out fast). So I reposted and sure enough the term "Marijuana legalization" is censored. Not "marijuana prohibition" though. And not "marijuana" or "Legalization", just the phrase "Marijuana Legalization"

Folks, Marijuana prohibition began with a bold faced lie that went unchallenged (it will make black men rape your white daughters). It has morphed into a masterpiece in the art of brainwashing. Look around. Why is this phrase treated as profanity? Because of the brainwashing and because the brainwashed want to keep the status quo - an unjust law aimed at blacks and hispanics and those of us who were enlightened to the benefits of this wonderful weed.

As long as you people sit on your asses and do nothing, this unjust law will come back and bite you in the ass in another form - like light bulbs, of which the old kind are now banned and considered contraband just like pot. Yep, pretty soon a cop might come a knocking on your door and haul your ass off to jail over possesion of an "illegal light bulb". Vote out ALL politicians who do not promise get pot relegalized. I have smoked pot since 1973. I am 54. Zappa never made it that far.

Welcome to the United Police States of America.

10/4 good buddy... :oops: ,I mean 4/20 my man! 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
What part of my post is a horrible argument for legalization? The facts are indisputable. Prohibition began with a lie. Are you for it or against it?


I wouldn't use prohibition as an argument since then it might occur to people to equate alcohol and marijuana, and why would you want to do that? Alcohol can destroy families, it can kill you, it's far more dangerous if you're driving while you're doing it. I get what you're saying about the original lie, but don't give the anti- crowd any means to correlate one thing with the other. And it doesn't matter if I'm for or against. I've never done it, but I have very good friends who do and I don't care. But it's not going to happen. Maybe some day when a candidate for senate or the presidency or whatever can say they've used pot (beyond "I tried it in college once or twice") and not be politically damaged is when it might be possible. Sure, public attitudes are changing a little. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. Seriously, do you?

Back to the point of censorship - doesn't the above example strike you as odd? Doesn't it lend itself to the art of brainwashing? Doesn't it erode our rights?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 pm
Posts: 48
Location: Gippsland, Australia
Think the U.S may get left behind as there seems to be a growing awareness around the world that the War on Drugs has failed and all it has done is make a lot of people rich and turned a large portion of the youth of the world into criminals for partaking in a joint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
bugler wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
What part of my post is a horrible argument for legalization? The facts are indisputable. Prohibition began with a lie. Are you for it or against it?


I wouldn't use prohibition as an argument since then it might occur to people to equate alcohol and marijuana, and why would you want to do that? Alcohol can destroy families, it can kill you, it's far more dangerous if you're driving while you're doing it. I get what you're saying about the original lie, but don't give the anti- crowd any means to correlate one thing with the other. And it doesn't matter if I'm for or against. I've never done it, but I have very good friends who do and I don't care. But it's not going to happen. Maybe some day when a candidate for senate or the presidency or whatever can say they've used pot (beyond "I tried it in college once or twice") and not be politically damaged is when it might be possible. Sure, public attitudes are changing a little. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. Seriously, do you?

Back to the point of censorship - doesn't the above example strike you as odd? Doesn't it lend itself to the art of brainwashing? Doesn't it erode our rights?


If you want to attribute vast importance to something that's extremely insignificant, then yes. Could you say "I really want marijuana to be legal?" or "Now marijuana...there's something that could do with some legalization!" Can you get your idea across without putting those two words together? If so, then they're not really censoring your opinion, are they?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
Calvin

Not the point. If you want to say "I am a white man", there shouldn't have to be some sort of accepted code to articulate that phrase because it is factual. Why should I say "I am a person, not a woman, not black, not red or any other color except the one that starts with a W" rather than say "I am a white man"?

Thus shouldn't have to do the same with the phrase Marijuana Legalization. See here's the deal and don't call it paranoid - this particular forum I posted on is anti marijuana legalization and they do not want articulate people like me "riling people up towards a legalization movement". Heaven's to fucking Betsy........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
You can say "I am for the legalization of marijuana" can't you? Just because you can't put two words together in a particular order it's censorship? Now, if they deleted all of your posts and banned you, that's a different story.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
calvin2hikers wrote:
You can say "I am for the legalization of marijuana" can't you? Just because you can't put two words together in a particular order it's censorship? Now, if they deleted all of your posts and banned you, that's a different story.



Boy, you are one thick headed fucker.

IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN OTHER WORDS, YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT THE 2 WORDS TOGETHER WITHOUT THEM BEING CENSORED - until today!

You are just like the Jews during the haulocost. Sitting ducks just waiting to be killed. Wake the fuck up and stop being so passive. Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
bugler wrote:
Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?

Cigarettes can kill you and the people around you?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
bugler wrote:
Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?

Cigarettes can kill you and the people around you?



Give that man a ....joint!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
bugler wrote:
Boy, you are one thick headed fucker ... Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?
If I've learned one thing from Frank, it's that carrying on like you are is gonna make you zero friends and if your aim is to get a ground swell big enough for change then alienating people who might otherwise be on your side is gonna get you no where. In fact your attitude confirms something for me about one of the things smoking dope can do to you in the long run.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 298
Location: Philly
polydigm wrote:
bugler wrote:
Boy, you are one thick headed fucker ... Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?
If I've learned one thing from Frank, it's that carrying on like you are is gonna make you zero friends and if your aim is to get a ground swell big enough for change then alienating people who might otherwise be on your side is gonna get you no where. In fact your attitude confirms something for me about one of the things smoking dope can do to you in the long run.


I, like Frank, have no friends - only employees. And I, like Frank could care less . I am not out to make friends. I am out to right wrongs. And I do not smoke dope. Heroin is dope, ya dope.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
polydigm wrote:
bugler wrote:
Boy, you are one thick headed fucker ... Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?
If I've learned one thing from Frank, it's that carrying on like you are is gonna make you zero friends and if your aim is to get a ground swell big enough for change then alienating people who might otherwise be on your side is gonna get you no where. In fact your attitude confirms something for me about one of the things smoking dope can do to you in the long run.

It gives you CRS? (Can't Remember Shite) Who are you? You look familiar,hmmm,I've got it. Your an Italian! :mrgreen: :smoke:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14848
bugler wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
You can say "I am for the legalization of marijuana" can't you? Just because you can't put two words together in a particular order it's censorship? Now, if they deleted all of your posts and banned you, that's a different story.



Boy, you are one thick headed fucker.

IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN OTHER WORDS, YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT THE 2 WORDS TOGETHER WITHOUT THEM BEING CENSORED - until today!

You are just like the Jews during the haulocost. Sitting ducks just waiting to be killed. Wake the fuck up and stop being so passive. Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?


You're comparing the slaughter of millions of people to discussing something on a movie forum that maybe 1000 people care about, tops, and will not change the debate of legalization on marjiuana one iota. And on top of it you're throwing in personal insults towards me when all I've done is debate whether or not you're being censored. So I'm done here.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
calvin2hikers wrote:
bugler wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
You can say "I am for the legalization of marijuana" can't you? Just because you can't put two words together in a particular order it's censorship? Now, if they deleted all of your posts and banned you, that's a different story.



Boy, you are one thick headed fucker.

IT WAS NEVER AN ISSUE UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN OTHER WORDS, YOU USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT THE 2 WORDS TOGETHER WITHOUT THEM BEING CENSORED - until today!

You are just like the Jews during the haulocost. Sitting ducks just waiting to be killed. Wake the fuck up and stop being so passive. Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?


You're comparing the slaughter of millions of people to discussing something on a movie forum that maybe 1000 people care about, tops, and will not change the debate of legalization on marjiuana one iota. And on top of it you're throwing in personal insults towards me when all I've done is debate whether or not you're being censored. So I'm done here.

None of us here are employee's of yours and most likely wouldn't work for you ever.Try nice and some of us are even capable of working with you. :idea:
Just from your post,I wonder what your employees call you? B ur B!
Try introducing yer big bad self again,so we know where your comin' from,man.Just a thought. :|
BTW We have threads dedicated to conspiracy's of all sorts,including the Holocost.These subjects have been beat to death here.But were open to new stuff.Not flogging the same donkey over & over like your above post suggest.
Salud & peace,
{-

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18668
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
polydigm wrote:
In fact your attitude confirms something for me about one of the things smoking dope can do to you in the long run.

Gee, Poly, I thought I was a pretty sweet kinda guy!

Then came me...
Dope: It must be a regional thing for you. The term "dope" works the same way as "drink". If I say "I'm a drinker.", it means you drink alcohol, but it could be anything from beer to boiler-makers. Same with "Let's smoke dope.", which means you smoke a drug of some sort. Cannabis, Cocain, or whatever floats your boat. But, since I started, back in 1974, everytime someone said "Let's smoke some dope.", it has always been de ganja, mon.

Censorship: Flapping your wings against a wall, because one small place has banned the use of one phase will accomplish nothing much, in the long run. You want to change anything, you become a virus and work within it's body. You can't use "legalize marijuana"? Be like a virus and change your wording, and get in that way. If you get banned...well, the site is run by the owner's rules. It's his right. Keep fighting the fight in other places, but being a bully about it isn't the way. You can always lose a battle, and still win the war.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13644
Location: Billy, the mountain...
bugler wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
bugler wrote:
Haven't you learned a damned thing from Frank?

Cigarettes can kill you and the people around you?



Give that man a ....joint!!!

Image

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group