Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 am 

Hey guys,

All I am doing is being the messenger and a damn good one, BTW. When's the last time a perfect stranger tried to help you out?. You didn't seem to care about the message that censorship is now being used against people who are trying to change an unjust law. You don't even care about this unjust law, simply because you don't have a vested interest in it. Ever been busted for taking a piss on a tree, and then profiled as a pot smoker, illegally searched, arrested and life ruined? I have. And you don't seem to get that this government of ours is stripping you of your rights one by one.

You don't like what I have to say, then fuck you. I tried to help ya. And if you don't think marijuana legalization is a just cause, then good luck to you when your "issue comes up" and I say the same thing you said to me : FUCK OFF..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:54 pm 

bugler wrote:
Hey guys,

All I am doing is being the messenger and a damn good one, BTW. When's the last time a perfect stranger tried to help you out?. You didn't seem to care about the message that censorship is now being used against people who are trying to change an unjust law. You don't even care about this unjust law, simply because you don't have a vested interest in it. Ever been busted for taking a piss on a tree, and then profiled as a pot smoker, illegally searched, arrested and life ruined? I have. And you don't seem to get that this government of ours is stripping you of your rights one by one.

You don't like what I have to say, then fuck you. I tried to help ya. And if you don't think marijuana legalization is a just cause, then good luck to you when your "issue comes up" and I say the same thing you said to me : FUCK OFF..

Unclinch bugler,and to answer your Q's,simply yes.I get profiled for letting my freak flag fly and advocating for Medicinal Marijuana.I always question authority! (we[the SDS] started that phraze back in the`60's at UC Berkeley,CA.& Michigan State) So from what your saying is you can't put two words together on some site and now your here sayin' that the sky is falling! Really,do you think us Zappa-Freaks are gonna jump on that buss with a stranger.We tell our kids not to do so.So why would we?
You say censorship,then one of us questions your definition of censorship and you seem appalled that we just don't jump on board blindly.Maybe Ted Nuggents site/people are more suited to your alarmist `tude,dude.(That's if he still has one) :roll:

Edit: 1st,do you have any answers to this censorship law your trying rally us around? What law,and what is your definition of censorship anyway? Hmmm? :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 pm 

Gosh, this was fun. Can we do it again tomorrow?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Gosh, this was fun. Can we do it again tomorrow?

Your place or mine?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 pm 

For all intent and purposes in California Marijuana is legal since the Medical Marijuana Law was passed, the big fight now is where and how much you should be allowed to grow. Even in my small right wing town you can have like 8 plants indoors or in a greenhouse, what’s it take to get a card you may ask...go to almost any doctor with almost any complaint, if your off they will even hint you in the right direction.

Pot will end up legal in California and eventually the whole country with time, the genie is out of the bottle (or bong) so to speak. It's like the gun people saying their going to take away our guns, what...it is a logistical impossibility to take away the millions upon millions of guns, it would never happen.

They can not stop the marijuana train, it left the station, you want something to bitch about, how about my situation, I could get a card for my "Medicine" right now and would be prevented from the use due to random testing at work...that is taking away a right, not some privately owned web site disallowing content.

For some reason a lot of people think they can tell a business what they can and can't due, they can't unless they are doing something to hurt their employees, like denying them their "medication", but the Supreme Court already said they can do that, it sucks...
:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
What a HORRIBLE argument for legalization. We'll need brighter bulbs (haha) than you to get it legalized. I don't see it happening anyway for at least 200 years, if then.

As sad as it may sound, I think I agree.

I'm thinking that the sign that says "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling" might get better results with the legalization of anything than the argument that person is making.

All in all, this is not going to be legalized until such a time as some of the largest names in money can get their hands on it ... right now, this would make too much money and power to the wrong people, and it simply isn't gonna happen, not to mention give creedence to some folks that many institutions have been going after with guns and other methods.

I'm not expecting this country to even have the courage to try something like they have in at least one country in Europe. America is too tied up to religious zealotism (is there such a word?) in order to be able to give alternative and optional acceptance to anything ... it's bad enough that these folks are already bad losers and are trying to hit every inch of the uterus until they kill the baby itself to get rid of Wade vs Roe.

You can't do a whole lot in this country when people are so tied up to an idea that has no basis in reality. At this point it's not about "drugs" anymore than it is about sex, or profanity ... it's barbarism! And on top of it blatantly displaying the respect for the Constitution and not allowing others their freedom of choice -- regardless!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:15 pm 

Moshkito wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
What a HORRIBLE argument for legalization. We'll need brighter bulbs (haha) than you to get it legalized. I don't see it happening anyway for at least 200 years, if then.

I'm thinking that the sign that says "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling" might get better results with the legalization of anything than the argument that person is making.

All in all, this is not going to be legalized until such a time as some of the largest names in money can get their hands on it ... right now, this would make too much money and power to the wrong people, and it simply isn't gonna happen, not to mention give creedence to some folks that many institutions have been going after with guns and other methods.

I'm not expecting this country to even have the courage to try something like they have in at least one country in Europe. America is too tied up to religious zealotism (is there such a word?) in order to be able to give alternative and optional acceptance to anything ... it's bad enough that these folks are already bad losers and are trying to hit every inch of the uterus until they kill the baby itself to get rid of Wade vs Roe.

You can't do a whole lot in this country when people are so tied up to an idea that has no basis in reality. At this point it's not about "drugs" anymore than it is about sex, or profanity ... it's barbarism! And on top of it blatantly displaying the respect for the Constitution and not allowing others their freedom of choice -- regardless!

A legalize Pot referendum has been on every ballot in California for the last 6 or 8 years if not more and it came dam close to passing 2 years ago (lost by 5% points, if I am not mistaken and that was a year that the electorate was leaning right. I think if they get the signatures, depending on the nature of the election, it has a very good chance this year…then you will see other states follow suit and the Supreme Court will get the case and decide it once and for all. Probably a job reason to vote for Obama, he gets in a may get as many as 3 Nominations to the court in his last term.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:12 pm 

Well, I'm against censorship. :lol:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
Moshkito wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Its been legal to posess an once

A legalize Pot referendum has been on every ballot in California for the last 6 or 8 years if not more and it came dam close to passing 2 years ago (lost by 5% points, if I am not mistaken and that was a year that the electorate was leaning right. I think if they get the signatures, depending on the nature of the election, it has a very good chance this year…then you will see other states follow suit and the Supreme Court will get the case and decide it once and for all. Probably a job reason to vote for Obama, he gets in a may get as many as 3 Nominations to the court in his last term.

It's been legal to posess an once or less in CA.,for over a year now.It's not cool with the feds so their only option with the war on drugs is to target the Medical Marijuana legal despenceries here.So the feds in all their wisdom are targeting patients and ignoring all the other things that would help to serve our society alot better.Like going after the meth labs and the gangs that traffic in that slow (and very expensive to the taxpayers) death.
It still needs to be legal for any amount to take any big business money out of the equation.Imho
Build schools not prisons! Just sayin....{-
...and I agree with Ronnie.+1 8)

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:39 pm 

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012 ... na/100282/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:55 pm 

Why would anyone vote for Obama if they're anti-censorship? LOL!

The ONLY politician running for the US Presidency that's going to fight censorship is Ron Paul...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:08 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/04/marijuana/100282/

The pictures are pretty and I love the colours,thanx calvin2hikers.I got to see whats in the fridge,like right now! :wink:
Disco Boy wrote:
The ONLY politician running for the US Presidency that's going to fight censorship is Ron Paul...

RP will be speaking on the quad at UCD on May 7th.I just might capture the whole show for posterity. :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

Well, four more years of censorship, then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am 

Ron Paul is the only one who can do everything right and save the world from sure extinction. Why didn't I realize this until now?

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Well, four more years of censorship, then.

Well, maybe.

Though, apparently, Ron Paul has already won Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado, Louisiana & Alaska. And he is close to winning Washington State, Nevada, Missouri, Massachusetts & Maine. Which means, if he wins the other five states mentioned, then he's nearly at 10%...already. And the last time I checked, not even ONE of his detractors thought he'd even win ONE state. And there's still a whole six months to go...

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Ron Paul is the only one who can do everything right and save the world from sure extinction. Why didn't I realize this until now?

Well, we all eventually realize certain things when we're properly informed.

Remember everyone, this particular US Presidential election is not really a left or right issue. It's primarily a pro-war / anti-constitution (Rombama) and anti-war / pro-constitution (Ron Paul) issue.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Remember everyone, this particular US Presidential election is not really a left or right issue. It's primarily a pro-war / anti-constitution (Rombama) and anti-war / pro-constitution (Ron Paul) issue.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:57 pm 

phydeaux3 wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 pm 

Speaking of censorship, this speaks for itself...
http://eclectablog.com/2012/04/breaking ... valid.html
...welcome to the fascist state of Michigan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:25 am 

http://blog.norml.org/2012/04/29/thank- ... crackdown/

Jimmy Kimmel question's Obama on legalization, but the main stream media won't tell you about it. They'll tell you about the jokes Obama made about eating dogs, though...........

Oh fuck. There I go again being an "alarmist". heaven's to fucking Betsy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 am 

Question for the Ron Pauler’s...when it is Romney vs. Obama in the Election who are you going to vote for, the guy who thinks the poor should get no assistance and give the money to rich businesses so it can trickle down or to guy who pulled us out of a potential full blown depression that has been blocked on every front by his opposing party?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm 

Plook wrote:
Question for the Ron Pauler’s...when it is Romney vs. Obama in the Election who are you going to vote for, the guy who thinks the poor should get no assistance and give the money to rich businesses so it can trickle down or to guy who pulled us out of a potential full blown depression that has been blocked on every front by his opposing party?

Disco Boy isn't voting for either. He's....Canadian!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm 

Until you guys in the U.S get compulsory voting you'll only get the the guy that has the most motivated supporters and the most cash to put towards campaigning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:50 pm 

I believe that most people in America want to take the money equation out of the election process, but the Suypreme court, controlled by a majority of Republican appointee's recently passed a law in favor of unlimited and unsolicited funds from anonymous donors. This is the only way Republicans can win elections now. If money wewre removed from the election process, Democrats would overwhelmingly win.

In regards to Ron Paul, he's just as much as a greedy money grubbing guy and crooked as the next politician. Theres a thread dedicated to him here...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:01 pm 

Plook wrote:

No, I think you meant, Obamney and/or Rombama, as there is virtually no difference between them, since they're both funded by much of the same major financial institutions and are both bought off by the same lobbyists and of course have a very similar political platform.

Then again, you must've also meant the guy itching to invade Iran, despite the fact they are not a serious threat, in order to make oil barons and other associated war-profiteers wealthier, while simultaneously and insidiously DESTROYING your constitutional right and civil liberties. Who not only LIED (and continues to now) about every god damn campaign promise he made in 2008 but wastes taxpayers money by inviting celebrities over to the white house, while singing soul songs badly and before doing skits on late night tv...

Yeah...that's what you meant. Because you couldn't POSSIBLY be supporting someone like that?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In regards to Ron Paul, he's just as much as a greedy money grubbing guy and crooked as the next politician. Theres a thread dedicated to him here...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

You've been downgraded to an F- again. You were at an F+. Try harder. Focus. June is now only a little over 4 weeks away. And you know you have to graduate!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 pm 

~

CENSORED

~