Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Censorship
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Question for the Ron Pauler’s...when it is Romney vs. Obama in the Election who are you going to vote for, the guy who thinks the poor should get no assistance and give the money to rich businesses so it can trickle down or to guy who pulled us out of a potential full blown depression that has been blocked on every front by his opposing party?

:smoke:

No, I think you meant, Obamney and/or Rombama, as there is virtually no difference between them, since they're both funded by much of the same major financial institutions and are both bought off by the same lobbyists and of course have a very similar political platform.

Then again, you must've also meant the guy itching to invade Iran, despite the fact they are not a serious threat, in order to make oil barons and other associated war-profiteers wealthier, while simultaneously and insidiously DESTROYING your constitutional right and civil liberties. Who not only LIED (and continues to now) about every god damn campaign promise he made in 2008 but wastes taxpayers money by inviting celebrities over to the white house, while singing soul songs badly and before doing skits on late night tv...

Yeah...that's what you meant. Because you couldn't POSSIBLY be supporting someone like that?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In regards to Ron Paul, he's just as much as a greedy money grubbing guy and crooked as the next politician. Theres a thread dedicated to him here...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

You've been downgraded to an F- again. You were at an F+. Try harder. Focus. June is now only a little over 4 weeks away. And you know you have to graduate!

No what I meant is what the Supreme Court will look like for the next 20 years (which will be greatly different depending on who is elected)…and no one has gotten an ounce of extra oil out of the Mideast wars that President Bush started, they were obviously after something else that remains unnamed (another subject for a different day).

President Obama broke his promises for reasons you and I will never know since we will not be privy to what he learned in his security briefings, no one makes those kinds of changes for kicks and giggles, especially when they piss everyone off. That is the sign of a great leader who does what is right for the country when he knows he will be vilified and can’t explain.

If you don’t realize that the Iranian government is one of the greatest threats to the free world, you are a very naive man…you need only listen to their own words and their proclaimed mission to bomb Israel into extinction and bring American to her knees. They want a nuclear weapon and will stop at nothing to get it and a delivery system for it you can be assured of that.

Don't worry one day you will mature enough and learn what's really going on if you do your research, keep looking and one day your eye's will clear and then you will see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:42 pm 

Jeez,now I'll have to cover my new "No War On Iran" bumber sticker when I'm up that way! You know paranoia strikes deep....Imagine no enemies,foreign or domestic.Scary havin' all that peace.Freedom must be fought for! But who do we fight? Why fight at all? I know if I knew what you know you'd have to kill yourself & me for telling me,what we know,right? Or you..why we fighting anyway? Are you going to the Obama/Clooney dinner? I'm dressing formal,you? :wink:
I'm not censored here.....that's nice.....so far. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 pm 

The biggest danger to the world is U.S foriegn policy, more innocent civillians have been killed since world war II by it's endless need to play cop of the world, than by the enemies that they have created through their need to fufill some right they think some imaginary god gave them.

It needs to find boogy men so that they can justify the spending on it's military machine that takes it's poor and uneducated kids and ship them off around the world to kill even poorer kids, just to do the bidding and protect the interests of the people that hold the purse strings.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:17 am 

Plook wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Plook wrote:
Question for the Ron Pauler’s...when it is Romney vs. Obama in the Election who are you going to vote for, the guy who thinks the poor should get no assistance and give the money to rich businesses so it can trickle down or to guy who pulled us out of a potential full blown depression that has been blocked on every front by his opposing party?

No, I think you meant, Obamney and/or Rombama, as there is virtually no difference between them, since they're both funded by much of the same major financial institutions and are both bought off by the same lobbyists and of course have a very similar political platform.

Then again, you must've also meant the guy itching to invade Iran, despite the fact they are not a serious threat, in order to make oil barons and other associated war-profiteers wealthier, while simultaneously and insidiously DESTROYING your constitutional right and civil liberties. Who not only LIED (and continues to now) about every god damn campaign promise he made in 2008 but wastes taxpayers money by inviting celebrities over to the white house, while singing soul songs badly and before doing skits on late night tv...

Yeah...that's what you meant. Because you couldn't POSSIBLY be supporting someone like that?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
In regards to Ron Paul, he's just as much as a greedy money grubbing guy and crooked as the next politician. Theres a thread dedicated to him here...
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

You've been downgraded to an F- again. You were at an F+. Try harder. Focus. June is now only a little over 4 weeks away. And you know you have to graduate!

No what I meant is what the Supreme Court will look like for the next 20 years (which will be greatly different depending on who is elected)…and no one has gotten an ounce of extra oil out of the Mideast wars that President Bush started, they were obviously after something else that remains unnamed (another subject for a different day).

President Obama broke his promises for reasons you and I will never know since we will not be privy to what he learned in his security briefings, no one makes those kinds of changes for kicks and giggles, especially when they piss everyone off. That is the sign of a great leader who does what is right for the country when he knows he will be vilified and can’t explain.

If you don’t realize that the Iranian government is one of the greatest threats to the free world, you are a very naive man…you need only listen to their own words and their proclaimed mission to bomb Israel into extinction and bring American to her knees. They want a nuclear weapon and will stop at nothing to get it and a delivery system for it you can be assured of that.

Don't worry one day you will mature enough and learn what's really going on if you do your research, keep looking and one day your eye's will clear and then you will see.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Dicksore Boy to ever show any assertion of maturity, let alone find a distinction between the reality and the mythology that cloud his Mr Magoo-like mentality. At least he hasn't shown any on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:01 am 

tupong wrote:
The biggest danger to the world is U.S foriegn policy, more innocent civillians have been killed since world war II by it's endless need to play cop of the world, than by the enemies that they have created through their need to fufill some right they think some imaginary god gave them.

It needs to find boogy men so that they can justify the spending on it's military machine that takes it's poor and uneducated kids and ship them off around the world to kill even poorer kids, just to do the bidding and protect the interests of the people that hold the purse strings.

I recall a little event called 911, and you could always ask the American Hostages from the Iranian crisis if they felt the aggression was just hype, of course no worries that they want to nuke our allies Israel, and I am sure they meant nothing by their threat to attack the US until they brought us to our knee's..hmmm that brings us full circle to the notion before 911 that it would be impossible for Muslim extremist to attack us inside our borders...a good piece advice hear would be the WWII adage, "Never forget"...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am 

The Ugly American, by Burdick & Lederer, gives insight to how the rest of the planet's take on American foreign policy evolved to where it is today (well, in 1958 anyway). Unfortunately, in todays' world of overly simplified talking points, sound bites and faceless puppet masters, the American people have been demonised alongside their governments' ill-thought foreign policies.

I remember when I first read this book as a kid I literally cried with frustration at the institutional undermining of the good work of good people by their own governments.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:50 am 

Sam I Am wrote:
The Ugly American, by Burdick & Lederer, gives insight to how the rest of the planet's take on American foreign policy evolved to where it is today (well, in 1958 anyway). Unfortunately, in todays' world of overly simplified talking points, sound bites and faceless puppet masters, the American people have been demonised alongside their governments' ill-thought foreign policies.

I remember when I first read this book as a kid I literally cried with frustration at the institutional undermining of the good work of good people by their own governments.

Great post and recommendation - but we should never forget there's an ugly German, Frenchman, Briton, Italian lurking 'round the corner somewhere...

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 am 

Caputh wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

Great post and recommendation - but we should never forget there's an ugly German, Frenchman, Briton, Italian lurking 'round the corner somewhere...

That is not the point of the "never forget" quote, it was intended to highlight the majority of peoples inability to conceive of one group of people being able to so arbitrarily treat another group so heinously and with such hatred that they would be capable of the acts that were perpetrated. It must be remembered that reports had come out about the things that were being done and people just could not believe that that type of evil could occur.

In the case of Radical Muslims they have been able to demonstrate that they will ruthlessly and knowingly commit these acts against anyone that is not them and furthermore are willing to allow their own to be collateral damage if necessary. Their religious belief has so clouded their sense of right and wrong they care not if your baby get’s maimed and killed, in fact they welcome the opportunity to destroy your child.

Besides any group that treats women as poorly as Radical Muslims do isn’t really starting from a place that exhibits much control of understanding how humans should inner act with each other. Cutting the clitoris of a young women or stoning a rape victim is not such a great leap from cutting your child or grandchild’s throat and watching them bleed out, is it?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am 

tupong wrote:
more innocent civillians have been killed since world war II by it's endless need to play cop of the world, than by the enemies that they have created.
That is Foreign Propaganda :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 pm 

Only point I was making, if I was (I might have just posted a recommendation to read a good book, can't remember now), is that a nations' (any nation) foreign policy is what ultimately creates the global image that its' citizens must bear as well as creating the enemies that retaliate against them.

I'm not saying that this is always the case, but invariably it plays out that some cloak & dagger crowd have been playing Risk with real people somewhere before everything goes sideways and there's suddenly a new terrorist group on the block or some extremists feeling threatened.

And I'm not saying that there aren't some groups of people who treat others terribly in the name of their religion or their cause. Because there still are. Unfortunately inhumanity is the one thing that humans have proved to excel at.

I did understand the 'Never Forget' quote. When people forget their past they are doomed to repeat it.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:45 pm 

Plook wrote:

You HAVE to be joking?

Why do you keep making excuses for Obama (one of THE worst Presidents in US history)? With that type of logic, if this were 4-12 years ago, you could insert Bush into your synopsis and state the same thing (remember "Weapons Of Mass Destruction"?).

If you actually believe that the US Military Industrial Complex isn't in control of US foreign policy and/or isn't primarily in the Middle East (and other nearby regions) to make oil tycoons and other war-profiteers richer, you're the one who is naive (and extremely so), not me.

Iran have NO nuclear weapons. And even if they're in the process of building ONE, it's just ONE. Iran's military is minuscule compared to Israel's and the US', not to mention that there are already TENS OF THOUSANDS of US troops in this region and many of them are surrounding Iran. Israel have roughly 100 nuclear weapons. So, who wins if they happen to engage in war with each other? Exactly. And hence, why the hell would the US Military Industrial Complex need to invade Iran, despite the fact that Israel wouldn't need the US' help if a war were to occur between Iran and them? Hint...

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breath for Dicksore Boy to ever show any assertion of maturity, let alone find a distinction between the reality and the mythology that cloud his Mr Magoo-like mentality. At least he hasn't shown any on this forum.

This coming from someone who doesn't even remotely understand politics, doesn't know the meaning of Military Industrial Complex, thinks Ron Paul is pro-war and a whole host of other BS. :roll:

Btw, your grade is still F-. Hit the books, student. You've only got a little over 4 more weeks to go!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:16 pm 

Plook wrote:
tupong wrote:

I recall a little event called 911, and you could always ask the American Hostages from the Iranian crisis if they felt the aggression was just hype, of course no worries that they want to nuke our allies Israel, and I am sure they meant nothing by their threat to attack the US until they brought us to our knee's..hmmm that brings us full circle to the notion before 911 that it would be impossible for Muslim extremist to attack us inside our borders...a good piece advice hear would be the WWII adage, "Never forget"...

I guess Bush forgot that,about that Shiek Kaliki and his bunch who had bombed the basement of TWTC back in the late 90's.Where was the vigilence after that? Who forgot to remember? Hell,who let the dogs out! (he's the one we waterboarded in Gitmo 160 times and got doodly squat)

Even in the 60's-70's,until now,when I leave the country I always have the 'ol' red maple leaf on a white background on my suitcase or backpack.It just makes things easier,saying "eh",instead of "uh".Thanx my Canuck friends and exgirlfriend,for the idea! :)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
tupong wrote:

I guess Bush forgot that,about that Shiek Kaliki and his bunch who had bombed the basement of TWTC back in the late 90's.Where was the vigilence after that? Who forgot to remember? Hell,who let the dogs out! (he's the one we waterboarded in Gitmo 160 times and got doodly squat)

Even in the 60's-70's,until now,when I leave the country I always have the 'ol' red maple leaf on a white background on my suitcase or backpack.It just makes things easier,saying "eh",instead of "uh".Thanx my Canuck friends and exgirlfriend,for the idea! :)

You are canadian, not you are?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 pm 

I knew he wasn't Canadian. He never says please... :mrgreen:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:01 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
I knew he wasn't Canadian. He never says please... :mrgreen:

I tryed to tell them we're putting the fence on the wrong border,eh! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

This coming from someone who doesn't even remotely understand politics, doesn't know the meaning of Military Industrial Complex, thinks Ron Paul is pro-war and a whole host of other BS. :roll:...

Voting records and donor lists don't lie Mr Magoo.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:28 pm 

Isn't there a thread already discussing Ron Paul? Does there have to be another?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:04 pm 

There is in fact a thread fully dedicated to him and it's located right here for inquiring minds - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=198

Everybody can thank dicso boy for starting yet another conversation about the crazy ol' racist from Texas - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23347&p=538966#p538966

...now back to censorship and weed.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Voting records and donor lists don't lie Mr Magoo.

There is in fact a thread fully dedicated to him and it's located right here for inquiring minds - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=198

Everybody can thank dicso boy for starting yet another conversation about the crazy ol' racist from Texas - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23347&p=538966#p538966

AGAIN, this coming from someone who doesn't even remotely understand politics, doesn't know the meaning of Military Industrial Complex, thinks Ron Paul is pro-war and a whole host of other BS. :roll:

It's REALLY funny that you still actually think you're know what you're talking about.

Btw, your grade is still F-. Hit the books, student. You've only got a little over 4 more weeks to go!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:32 pm 

You 2 are almost making me think that censorship is a good idea.

Post subject: re: censorship
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm 

spacedbro wrote:
exactly, fuck l.ron paul, newt rommey & all those other boring dickheads

subsidize domestic bud farmers to compete with the cartels, our shit is more primo anyway, thanks to the hard-working botanists, geneticists and clonemeisters of northern california, oregon & parts of colorado

Post subject: Re: re: censorship
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
spacedbro wrote:

subsidize domestic bud farmers to compete with the cartels, our shit is more primo anyway, thanks to the hard-working botanists, geneticists and clonemeisters of northern california, oregon & parts of colorado

Here,here! To the complete legalization and instituition of an "industrial hemp" economy = Green product,green power,more work = more $$$'s for education and greener transportation = a greener world,a bluer ocean,and a total withdrawl of troops from "The War On Drugs Drugs Drugs",ect.ect.,ect..

Post subject: Re: re: censorship
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:50 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
spacedbro wrote:

Here,here! To the complete legalization and instituition of an "industrial hemp" economy = Green product,green power,more work = more $$$'s for education and greener transportation = a greener world,a bluer ocean,and a total withdrawl of troops from "The War On Drugs Drugs Drugs",ect.ect.,ect..

Yeah, geneticists rule! 8)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You 2 are almost making me think that censorship is a good idea.

:mrgreen: