The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Boston Zappa Scene
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
Philmore wrote:
Meatloaf...and some beeahs!
The beeahs are all you can imagine, but heah everybody goes for the fish. No Edgewater Inn, prolly no mudshark, but you sure could get scrod in Boston! If you're looking to get scrod Philmore, there's no bettah place than Boston! :wink:

--Bat :wink:

I'm about 45 minutes south of Boston and the scrod is wicked good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 am 

dove_grey wrote:
Yeah, how ya like them apples? So, Batty, can you say you're from Southy? Aaaaand that about does it for my Boston knowledge...'cept for the cream pie! All I know about Boston, Mass I know from Good Will Hunting and The Departed. Good seein' you around, dooood! :mrgreen:
I'm not but I can say it convincingly! 8)
But I could say I was from Dawchestah (Dorchester) or "Chahlustown" (Charlestown) effitlessly too! :mrgreen: And I could go on and on but it's shitty unless you hear it. (It's fun to lay it on as thick as frozen dog doo when I'm not in the area.)

Remember when Bonny BP put up those links to YouTube's "Bostonese"? I didn't have to see the names when it was "Antonio DiPasquale" speaking and "Patrick O'Flaherty" speaking! :mrgreen:

But there's still lots more to know about Boston but get here fast -- Mayor Menino (snot!) is still on the warpath to turn even more of this place into "Yuppieville Central, USA", along with those shitty little mayors surrounding Boston Proper!

--Bat :smoke: BTW> Thanks, Dovey! I don't even know my password but this one Mac remembers it and it's still a secret between this one computer and the Zappa-dot-com server! (Remember when that slimy bastard with the alleged deformed nuts set up as "Batchain100 0"(Just a space in the0s!)? Somehow I got back in and he got his ass banned!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:11 am 

BBP wrote:
Well Dove, there's the Boston Molasses Disaster...
People not from here still think that's an "urban legend" but I've been hearing about it since day one and Wiki has it just about right. I could take anyone right to the spot where it happened. Bonny, is it well know even in Nederland? :shock:

--Bat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:59 am 

It's true that sometimes real-life stories are so absurd, nobody believes them anymore. Until video footage surfaced, nobody believed THIS HAPPENED.

I heard of the Molasses disaster by reading about it in the Book Of Lists. It has a list of Bizarre Catastrophes, like the London Beer Flood.