Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:54 pm 

I know some of you are gonna have things I could only wish for but here's my personal top 3<br><br>1. FZ-OZ with my name in it & "music is the best" note from Gail<br><br>2. My concert ticket stub & program from the "Broadway the Hard Way" tour in 1988<br><br>3. "Tinseltown Rebellion" double imported LP bought with my 1st weeks wages in 1985<br><br> ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:00 pm 

My original vinyl set of Beat The Boots Box 2!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:58 am 

A couple of weeks ago I bought the original US-lp of Freak Out! Have some other US-vinyls and lp-boots too, but I'm pretty glad I found his debut. That's about it I guess, I just completed my cd-collection only a few months ago, so - I'm already pretty proud 'bout that for a kid like me.<br><br>And I'm sooooo jaleous on everybody that has seen him live, you can get that in a shop anymore. they are priceless indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:48 am 

My vinyl Uncle Meat with booklet; and my Beefheart Clear Spot vinyl in clear plastic wrapper (Zappa affiliated possession).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:56 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1043380457;start=0#3 date=01/23/03 at 21:38:05]<br><br>But you know, it'd be really cool if Gail saw fit to set up a museum exhibit of FZ-related stuff. I'd like to see the Yellow Shark, some of Frank's guitars, maybe the Varese letter, a Thing-Fish costume or the original art from Burnt Weeny Sandwich. The license plates, the original Synclavier; there's tons of stuff like that lying around the house or in storage, and putting it on display would be a great way to further Frank's legacy.<br><br>She could even make it a traveling exhibit, so people all over the world could see it...<br><br>Am I naive or what?[/quote]<br><br>Great idea Mental! And BTW, I laughed out loud when I saw your latest Avatar quip...good one!<br><br>Anywho, I have many vinyl albums and every concert ticket stub except for one (6 out of 7 ain't bad) and that's about it...I also have a full-blown framed poster of the Tinseltown Rebellion cover and a framed poster of Frank holding up his fist wearing an oven mitt...these are in storage somewhere...also a 10 album vinyl bootleg box called "The History And Collected Improvisations" or something...<br><br>I agree with WP in that the concert memories are the fondest and that I was fortunate to live close enough to NYC to see 3 Halloween shows; 2 at the Palladium and 1 at The Felt Forum...<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:11 am 

Well.... I have alot stuff in my collection but here goes....<br><br>In no particular order and just what I feel is fun right now (this will change in 2 hours) LOL....<br><br>1. Over-Nite Sensation PROMO poster 24x36<br><br>2. YAWYI Postcard personally autographed to me by FZ from the day I met FZ at his NYC booksigning<br><br>3. Bongo Fury PROMO Poster 24x36<br><br>4. Weasels Ripped My Flesh Rat Trap Cover<br><br>5. Specialized Digital Audio Gratification - A rare UK only  PROMO CD from EMI<br><br>6. La Venganza De Chunga - Chunga's Revenge Spanish LP non-gatefold cover<br><br>7. Sheik Yerbouti PROMO poster 36x36<br><br>8. Montana b/w I'm the Slime(diff mix and end guitar solo) U.S. promo 7"<br><br>9. YCDTOSA Pink Wooden Box set<br><br>10. Over-Nite Sensation - Spanish LP non-gatefold w/  censored cover and Eat that Question instead of Dinah-Mo Hum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:48 pm 

Like I lot of you I have a few recordings I really cherish, but a very special item I treasured a lot is Frank's very own "Yellow Shark" hat, given to me at (I believe) the only Ensemble Modern concert he attended. I went up to ask him to autograph my booklet, managed to express my unbridled admiration for all his achievements and hey presto, the hat was mine.<br><br>3 years ago on a brief sojourn on an Indonesian Island, one of my daughters had brought it along without my knowledge (we all love Uncle Frank, you know). She went to swim with it and came back without it. Sad but fitting: the Yellow Shark has been returned to the sea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:16 pm 

-ticket stubs
-letter from susan rubio, secretary to fz (not signed) on bpr letterhead with bpr envelope
-chunga's revenge t-shirt
-2 fz sweatshirts
-frank zappa shoelaces

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:17 pm 

Original BIZARRE 1968 (or 69... I have too look at home, anyway I have) poster of FZ on the wc.<br><br>Original BIZARRE 1969 "Hot Rats"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:19 am 

My name in the Billboard magazine FZ-25 special.<br>Promo copy of Burnt Weeny Sandwich, complete with the Reprise radio station sticker applied to the front cover.<br>6' x 4' record store promotional poster for Lather.<br>My ticket stub from 84 tour, Omaha.  FRONT ROW SEAT.<br>MGM Golden Archives series album.<br>Disco Boy 45 on Warner Bros, Baby Take Your Teeth Out 45 on Barking Pumpkin both European pressings.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:44 am 

I do not seem to have special things here.<br>maybe just my original Yellow Shark Booklet, directly from the Frankfurt Gigs in1992.<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:57 pm 

ahhhhhhhhh, prized fetishy possessions..........<br>at one time i was really into hunting down swag and paraphenalia for the "FZ"y one!<br><br>1. record store promo cardboard poster, about 3 feet by 3 feet of Apostrophe !!!!!!!  sweeeeeet it hangs in my music-is-the-best room, and i can see the benficent one's huge face whenever i please   ;D<br><br>2. my vinyl collection of Frank...........almost complete.......years in the hunting...........no "buy it allfrom ebay" type crap.   specifically the vinyl mono, yes mono version of freak out, pretty rare, unfortunately does not contain the "freak out map"<br><br>3. a variety of 45's are cool, an italian punkys whip etc.....<br><br>4. i've always been fond of my barking pumpkin picture disc, not too rare, but both great pictures<br><br>5. assortment of zappa pins are fun, buried somewhere in my house........... ::)<br><br>6. of course i do cherish my tix stubs, have all seven (wish they were 27 !)<br><br>7. but yeah of course music is the best, and those concert memories, however somewhat faded they may be, are irreplaceable<br><br>bye<br><br>spider from massachusetts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:01 pm 

1) My orginal 200 Motels concert poster. Its huge and I dumped 600 bucks on the frame & glass. The ulitmate shrine. I wish I could post a picture of it here.<br><br>2) My little rubber girl & that french beret that came with the beat your boots box set.....just kidding

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:45 am 

I have a copy of the Billboard issue where they pay tribute to Frank's 25 year anniversary in the business.<br><br>In there, is an ad (from Barfko Swill I think) where fans, admirers and associates paid a fee to get their name or a comment squeezed into the copy of the ad.<br><br>On the extreme right edge, in the top right corner, turned vertically is my name.<br><br>There also a full-page layout of the FZ25 T-shirt logo (with caption) that Cal Schenkel designed.<br><br>Other than that, I'm all about the music.  Trinkets and memorabilia aren't my style normally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:43 am 

Here's the original list I posted plus some more stuff...<br><br>1. Over-Nite Sensation PROMO poster 24x36 <br> <br>2. YAWYI Postcard personally autographed to me by FZ from the day I met FZ at his NYC booksigning <br> <br>3. Bongo Fury PROMO Poster 24x36 <br> <br>4. Weasels Ripped My Flesh Rat Trap Cover <br> <br>5. Specialized Digital Audio Gratification - A rare UK only  PROMO CD from EMI <br> <br>6. La Venganza De Chunga - Chunga's Revenge Spanish LP non-gatefold cover <br> <br>7. Sheik Yerbouti PROMO poster 36x36 <br> <br>8. Montana b/w I'm the Slime(diff mix and end guitar solo) U.S. promo 7" <br> <br>9. YCDTOSA Pink Wooden Box set <br> <br>10. Over-Nite Sensation - Spanish LP non-gatefold w/  censored cover and Eat that Question instead of Dinah-Mo Hum<br><br>11. Chocolate RYKO Promo CD<br><br>12. Ryko PIPCO Promo t-shirt<br><br>13. Baby Snakes Poster<br><br>14. U.S. Mono Freak Out w/map<br><br>15. Hot Rats Canadian pressing with steamboat label<br><br>16. 1969 Circus mag with FZ on cover<br><br>oh man i can't stop... I have alot of great stuff too much to list. this list is getting out of hand. LOL<br>JP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:34 am 

- yellow snow globe
- osfa mobile w/fz on the sofa
- ycdtosa purple road case
- 30 fz concert programs & tourbooks
- wind up music box that plays peaches
- yellow shark baseball hat
- etc.

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:44 am 

Some prized possessions I forgot some more........<br><br>I have so much stuff in my collection but, these 2 things are so gaaawwwd damned rare!!!!!<br><br>1. One Size Fits All - German TEST PRESSING with cue sheet <br><br>2. Just Another Band From LA - German TEST PRESSING<br><br><br>*****Here's some other stuff I listed before*****<br><br>1. Over-Nite Sensation PROMO poster 24x36  <br>  <br>2. YAWYI Postcard personally autographed to me by FZ from the day I met FZ at his NYC booksigning  <br>  <br>3. Bongo Fury PROMO Poster 24x36  <br>  <br>4. Weasels Ripped My Flesh Rat Trap Cover  <br>  <br>5. Specialized Digital Audio Gratification - A rare UK only  PROMO CD from EMI  <br>  <br>6. La Venganza De Chunga - Chunga's Revenge Spanish LP non-gatefold cover  <br>  <br>7. Sheik Yerbouti PROMO poster 36x36  <br>  <br>8. Montana b/w I'm the Slime(diff mix and end guitar solo) U.S. promo 7"  <br>  <br>9. YCDTOSA Pink Wooden Box set  <br>  <br>10. Over-Nite Sensation - Spanish LP non-gatefold w/  censored cover and Eat that Question instead of Dinah-Mo Hum <br> <br>11. Chocolate RYKO Promo CD <br> <br>12. Ryko PIPCO Promo t-shirt <br> <br>13. Baby Snakes Poster <br> <br>14. U.S. Mono Freak Out w/map <br> <br>15. Hot Rats Canadian pressing with steamboat label <br> <br>16. 1969 Circus mag with FZ on cover <br><br>17. Joe's Garage - 3 LP red, white and blue vinyl