Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Happy Franksgiving!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:20 am 

Thats right, you heard right. With the rapidly approaching Thanksgiving holiday here in the States (Thursday November 27), I would like to hereby designate Friday, November 28, as Franksgiving, a day whereby we Forumers could give thanks to Frank for all that he's given to us. <br><br>For those of you unfamiliar with Thanksgiving:  It is an annual holiday celebrated on the 4th Thursday in November here in the US. Its also celebrated in Canada, but I'm not sure of the day. Anyway, in the US you celebrate it by eating turkey and mashed potatoes till you puke, and by watching American football on tv. For further information, check the internet. <br><br>Now the day after Thanksgiving is known in some circles as Black Friday, to commemmorate (sp?) the official start of the HORRIFIC INSANITY known as the Christmas Shopping Season.  So what better day than to celebrate Franksgiving, eh? Well there probably IS a better day, but ultimately who gives a fuck anyway? <br><br>In the Real FZ Book, Frank stated that he generally despised traditional holiday family-gathering type events, but he usually showed up because he liked the food. Then he got his ass out of there, asap. So given this information, let us ponder the following:  <br><br>How might we commemmorate (sp?) such a day?  ???<br>Of what would a Frankgiving Feast consist? <br>What kind of Franksgiving Traditions could we start? <br>In what kind of Franksgiving Festivities might we partake?   :o ::)<br><br>Questions, questions, questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned...you know how it goes...<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

>You don't.

Post subject: Re: Happy Franksgiving!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:08 am 

well for starters we can tweek the names of the entrees.  <br>1. mashed potato-headed whatchamacallits with lumpy gravy. (formerly known as mashed potates with gravy)<br>2.  stuffin it in.  (stuffing, they actually stuff it in the bird, so we're not too far off here.)<br>3.  cran-ebzin sauce (cranberry sauce, preferably from the can, untouched so it has the shape and lines from the can)<br>4.  commemorative confinement loaf:  (bread-type appetizers)<br><br>more ideas!!  any turkey name ideas??  :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:19 am 

[quote author=johnoppel link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#1 date=11/10/03 at 10:08:57]<br>more ideas!!  any turkey name ideas??  :D[/quote]<br><br>How about Tom Fowler? 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:24 am 

Or Lonesome Electric Turkey?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:29 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#3 date=11/10/03 at 10:24:28]Or Lonesome Electric Turkey?[/quote]<br>not bad!  i was trying to think of bird references, and the only one that popped out was penquin.  turkey in bondage boy would be concievable, because they sometimes tie up turkeys with strings, so it would be fairly accurate.  or turkey memeorial barbeque?  ??? :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:49 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#3 date=11/10/03 at 10:24:28]Or Lonesome Electric Turkey?[/quote]served up with some lumpy gravy<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:15 pm 

No, no, no, this will never do.  The foods we should be eating on Franksgiving, should commemorate his habits in order to make his memory come alive.  <br><br>[center]Franksgiving Day Menu[/center]<br><br>For an appetizer, sizzling Fried Spaghetti;for the salad course: green jello with marshmallows; and a smorgasbord of traditional sandwiches:  mashed potato and corn, burnt weenie sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers.  To drink: margaritas and lots of hot black coffee.   And for desert, what else?  Left over pumpkin pie. <br><br>Every thing should be decorated in purple (Frank's favorite color), with perhaps nice harmonizing colors, like green or red and blue.  FZ  CD's should festoon the house and FZ memorabilia should be brought out and displayed.  All musical talent in the group should be encouraged.  And it must be played LOUD!<br><br>I LIKE THIS IDEA! <br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:02 pm 

[center]Today's Craft Project for Franksgiving[/center]<br><br>Of course, the perfect  decorating accesseory has to be  strings of cigarette lights.  You could use real cigarettes, but that would be dangerous if you decided to light them.  Since I doubt we'll find them in the near future in our nearby Walgreens we can make them ourselves at home.  <br><br>Take small white plastic tubes (such as straws or the inside tube of a tampon applicator), paint them so that one end resembles a filter (did FZ smoke Winstons or Marlboros?  I can't remember). <br> <br>Take a string of small orange lights ( they sell these at Halloween, now), slide the plastic tubes over the lights so they stick out the other end.  Voila!  You now are the proud possessor of a string of cigarette lights!<br><br>Happy Franksgiving!<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:27 pm 

...Doc, you out-did yerself this time...LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:18 pm 

I'm using a TURKEY to measure it!!!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:23 pm 

OH YES!!!!<br><br>The main feast MUST be Burnt Weenie Sandwiches, smothered in Lumpy Gravy, while listening to w@r.ren CUCc.u.ruLLo - thAn.ks 2:/Fr@n.k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:00 am 

If you're going to have a meal with some of Frank's fave foods, don't forget the chili and blueberry pie..............Don't know 'bout ya'll, but I's hungreeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:03 am 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#12 date=11/11/03 at 02:00:08]If you're going to have a meal with some of Frank's fave foods, don't forget the chili and blueberry pie..............Don't know 'bout ya'll, but I's hungreeeeeeeeeeeeee ;D ;D ;D[/quote]<br><br>Good thinking, Dovey!  I forgot about the chili.  And I had no idea about the blueberry pie!<br><br>For breakfast on Franksgiving morning it is imperative to eat:<br><br>one bowl of horribly foreshortened cornflakes<br>one glass of orange juice just about as big as your finger.<br><br>This is the life!<br>Sab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:08 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#8 date=11/10/03 at 16:29:57]Well, obviously the first thing we should do is raid Frank's grave, dig him up, find the wishbone, and make a wish. After we eat what's left (I GET THE PART OF HIS BRAIN THAT COMPOSES MUSIC!!), we should all sit back and watch bootlegs of his shows, while smoking Winstons and drinking strong black coffee.<br><br>After that, we go home and have the usual family fights that  expose our crazy relatives and re-open old emotional wounds from our childhoods, which left us inadequate and crippled as adults.<br><br>Now THAT'S a Thanksgiving day!  ;D[/quote]<br><br>I don't know, Ronnies, digging up Frank and eating him sounds like a great idea, but, what do we do after the first year?  mmmm  totemism.<br><br>The rest of it sounds like the usual Thanksgiving! ;D<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:40 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#8 date=11/10/03 at 16:29:57]<br><br>After that, we go home and have the usual family fights that  expose our crazy relatives and re-open old emotional wounds from our childhoods, which left us inadequate and crippled as adults.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>OMG, yes! I forgot one of the most important parts, if not THE most important part of how we celebrate Thanksgiving in my introductory description...thank you Nooms, THANK YOU! <br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:50 am 

hi sleeps!<br><br>man, i aint visiting that site for a long long time properly, had stuff to do. franksgiving, right. thats ok, i love to eat til i puke, nooo, kidding. but i do, this is a confession. funtime. and we might do so, celebrate. <br>confession no. 2: i missed a zappa party happening over here at halloween. i was drunk. shit, eh.<br>well, we must do something about it. <br>what about a thundercrushing come together in this very chatroom of that very page on that occasion. <br>we fix a time. and tell a lot of bullshit. noo, we will do our best to worship the works of the master. each one can work out a little. <br>whatcha think about that. when was it again, nov., 27, right. i will be there.<br><br>love, <br>wowie zowie!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:40 am 

[quote author=Bouffant link=board=general;num=1068743611;start=0#0 date=11/13/03 at 09:13:31]<br>I cannot believe that people are talking about his passing in such cheap, irreverent ways.<br>[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=general;num=1068743611;start=0#1 date=11/13/03 at 09:39:29]<br><br>Can you be more specific here? Where is this occuring? <br><br>[/quote]<br><br>[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=0#8 date=11/10/03 at 16:29:57]Well, obviously the first thing we should do is raid Frank's grave, dig him up, find the wishbone, and make a wish. After we eat what's left (I GET THE PART OF HIS BRAIN THAT COMPOSES MUSIC!!), we should all sit back and watch bootlegs of his shows, while smoking Winstons and drinking strong black coffee.<br>[/quote]<br><br> :o :o :o OMG! On my OWN THREAD!!!  :o :o :o<br><br>Nooms, I need to see you in my office IMMEDIATELY!  >:(

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:48 am 

[quote author=wowie_zowie link=board=rant;num=1068484833;start=15#18 date=11/13/03 at 12:50:16]hi sleeps!<br><br>man, i aint visiting that site for a long long time properly, had stuff to do. franksgiving, right. thats ok, i love to eat til i puke, nooo, kidding. but i do, this is a confession. funtime. and we might do so, celebrate. <br>confession no. 2: i missed a zappa party happening over here at halloween. i was drunk. shit, eh.<br>well, we must do something about it. <br>what about a thundercrushing come together in this very chatroom of that very page on that occasion. <br>we fix a time. and tell a lot of bullshit. noo, we will do our best to worship the works of the master. each one can work out a little. <br>whatcha think about that. when was it again, nov., 27, right. i will be there.<br><br>love, <br>wowie zowie![/quote]<br><br>Sounds good wowster! Say is the chat room even working? You know, I've never even BEEN to the chat room, not once. I'm a chat room virgin. <br><br>So anyway I hadda go back and check the date, but its Friday November 28. Chat room party sounds good to me! I'm in!  ;D<br><br>Uh...as long as the baby's not crying or I dont have to change her diaper or anything... :(<br><br><br><br><br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:12 pm 

never trust the electronic stuff. nothings working like it used to be so..i dunno if chatroom does. if not, here is a plea to whom it may concern: fix chatroom. thank you very much. uh, spooky. like on the spaceship. everything is to explode soon, i know it. <br>so, we fixed that, right. please do all think of an ode or some silly gimmicks, dunno, whatever you prefer. <br>we must entertain ourselves a little. in honor of frank, come on. we could also initiate some stand-up play or something. madness.<br><br>love and regards<br><br>wowie!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:21 pm 

A chat room party sounds like an excellent idea  Wowie.  I think we should all come in costume.  Well, you know we can't see each other, but we could describe what we are wearing/could be wearing and the others can guess what character from Franks music or bands we are.  What time are we doing this?  I shall endeavor to be there.<br><br>[sub]Wowie, Sleepy says he is a chat room virgin.  I think the ladies should gang up on him and initiate him properly  at the party. ;D[/sub]<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:42 pm 

... How 'bout seafood...??? I gotta have shrimp...it's a nutritional requirement, as per my M.D, Doctor Noomies..