Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:04 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
And you are completely incorrect, just listen to the Nixon tapes, enough said. again don't be so naive

As I said it is a strategy on one level to not discuss certain operation so the ceo or pres can later claim he didn't know, but now with the irs a dc , upper level has started spilling info, not from cincinnati. I am not talking about when the janitor takes a break. Steve Jobs was known for being hands on at all levels as well as S walton, And Obama more than others has set the direction and is in denial as did the fbi chief, listen you think the mob head does not know what is going on? Man ... ok one more look at the control DZ & Gail exhibit.

The Government is "HUGE", and some companies are "HUGE", I work for one and its all the same. No one above the locale manager in any area or region knows what is going on in daily operations...by the time some trouble starts and a regional executive finds it and notifies upper and top management, the action has passed and it was a failure at that level, that’s just the logistical facts... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:32 pm 

It's surprising that in this administration , nobody knows nuthin'.

Obama was clueless about Bengazzi , Fast & Furious , The IRS , that AP and other things , IF you believe him.
His chief of staff and some in the White house apparently knew though. Then's there Holder who doesn't know anything , but knew enough to find a judge to sign a warrant. Then there's Susan Rice who gets promoted for telling lies . Oh and then there's all the other women getting nice promotions .

Wonder why it's the women ??

Don't say anything negative about it or you'll be accused of that fabricated ' War On Women ' that Dems tried to push off on anyone that wasn't on their side. Kinda like the scrutiny that some on the ' PERCEIVED ' right , who were just trying to have a voice in all this bullshit , got pushed down and out with. . You know , the AP scandal & the IRS problem ?

Funny how the Liberals and Dems , who claim to be TRANSPARENT and OPEN MINDED and ALL INCLUSIVE , have let this administration pry into their private lives , bugged their phones , read their mail , checked their credit , and sold you out in the name of FREEDOM and SECURITY :shock: :lol: :lol: .

The hypocrites that voted for these guys deserve every thing they voted for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Why else would you resort to responding to my posts?

The same reason I respond to a dog shitting on the carpet.

So you really are not intelligent?!

Gotcha.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:01 pm 

"This is very important to understand. The dominant values of any social system do not come from the people. Rather, they represent the power elite such as the church, the military, the banks, and the corporations. For the most part, they determine the public agenda to serve their own interests, while they perpetuate the illusion that society’s values are determined from the ground up. They do this with such notions as Freedom, Patriotism and Democracy." ~ Roxanne Meadows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm 

rajhoul wrote:
"This is very important to understand. The dominant values of any social system do not come from the people. Rather, they represent the power elite such as the church, the military, the banks, and the corporations. For the most part, they determine the public agenda to serve their own interests, while they perpetuate the illusion that society’s values are determined from the ground up. They do this with such notions as Freedom, Patriotism and Democracy." ~ Roxanne Meadows

Amen, the whole deal is spinning right off corporations, they make the agenda, the so called job creators...they have been killing jobs since 2003... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm 

Hell, more like since 1981, when they started busting unions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:52 pm 

Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

Amen, the whole deal is spinning right off corporations, they make the agenda, the so called job creators...they have been killing jobs since 2003... :smoke:

That is pure horse hocky, corporations have been killing jobs? The quote above is pure psychobabble, who is they? The Dominant values? Is it the corporations. How would YOU plook get a job without a corporation. At some point jobs are needed I have enough skills to live off the land, unless the above is a joke you guys need to live in afghanistan, if you think freedom and patriotism is just a notion.I like the amen the church elite must be controlling you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 pm 

Industry does not care about people, they only hire people because it hasn't been automated yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:56 pm 

rajhoul wrote:
Industry does not care about people, they only hire people because it hasn't been automated yet.

You mean SOME industrialists don't care about people and that many jobs aren't automated because they can't be.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 am 

U.S. says surveillance thwarted New York Stock Exchange attack
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.as ... c=business

Welp, that settles it. The NSA metadata program must cease immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

That is pure horse hocky, corporations have been killing jobs? The quote above is pure psychobabble, who is they? The Dominant values? Is it the corporations. How would YOU plook get a job without a corporation. At some point jobs are needed I have enough skills to live off the land, unless the above is a joke you guys need to live in afghanistan, if you think freedom and patriotism is just a notion.I like the amen the church elite must be controlling you.

Well I admit I have been lucky, those who have not I have seen go to the waste side, have not... :(

I have helped those I could, but so many were lost to reductions far to many will never be back… :cry:

That was a corporate decision made seemingly independent of each other, but decided universally thru some means we are not aware of or they simply played follow the leader… :evil:

They eliminated 30% of the workforce positions and made the rest of us take up the slack, they blamed it on the economy (a self inflicted wound on their part in my opinion)… :shock:

Now the recovery has set in, they have no intention of hiring people for the positions lost in cost saving cuts and relieving those who have been doing the work of 2 or 3 for the past 5 years… :x

Those who have not worked for a large company in the past 2 to 4 years will never work for a big company again because they are considered unemployable… :|

That’s why I blame corporations, they rig it to keep achieving never ending growth, a logistical impossibility and paramount to a pyramid scheme… :idea:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:41 am 

Corporations kill jobs. I'm glad I don't work for a Corporation anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:18 am 

Corporations simply don't have the foresight to adjust their business plans with respect to economic cycles, they'd rather boom & bust. Of course there are some businesses that will never fail, unless due to competition, such as medical devices.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:50 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

You mean SOME industrialists don't care about people and that many jobs aren't automated because they can't be.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-10/robots-are-stealing-american-jobs-economists-say

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 pm 

tiboudre wrote:
Corporations simply don't have the foresight to adjust their business plans with respect to economic cycles, they'd rather boom & bust. Of course there are some businesses that will never fail, unless due to competition, such as medical devices.

It was intentional and wide spread, most likely some sort of conspiracy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 pm 

Well why the heck not ?
We Demand President Obama Resign

President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA's surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n/sTtJndXm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 pm 

tweedle-dee wrote:
Well I admit I have been lucky, those who have not I have seen go to the waste side, have not... :(

I have helped those I could, but so many were lost to reductions far to many will never be back… :cry:

That was a corporate decision made seemingly independent of each other, but decided universally thru some means we are not aware of or they simply played follow the leader… :evil:

They eliminated 30% of the workforce positions and made the rest of us take up the slack, they blamed it on the economy (a self inflicted wound on their part in my opinion)… :shock:

Now the recovery has set in, they have no intention of hiring people for the positions lost in cost saving cuts and relieving those who have been doing the work of 2 or 3 for the past 5 years… :x

Those who have not worked for a large company in the past 2 to 4 years will never work for a big company again because they are considered unemployable… :|

That’s why I blame corporations, they rig it to keep achieving never ending growth, a logistical impossibility and paramount to a pyramid scheme… :idea:

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Corporations kill jobs. I'm glad I don't work for a Corporation anymore.

Which is true in some cases. But on the other hand, who ALLOWS them to get away with what they're doing?

Psst...it's your Government and their protectionist policies. :wink:

rajhoul wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-10/robots-are-stealing-american-jobs-economists-say

That does NOTHING to disprove what I stated above.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 pm 

Dr. Berok Khoshnevis:
Contour Crafting is actually a fabrication technology- the so-called 3-D printing- when you directly build 3-D objects from a computer model. Using Contour Crafting, it will be possible to build a 2000 square-foot home entirely by the machine, in one day. The reason that people are interested in automating construction is that it really brings a lot of benefits. For example, construction is pretty labor-intensive. And although it provides jobs for a sector of the society it also has issues and complications. For example, construction is the most dangerous job that there is. It is worse than mining and agriculture that has the highest level of fatality in almost every country. Another issue is the waste. An average home in the United States has 3 to 7 tons of waste. So this is huge if we look at the impact of construction, and knowing about 40% of all materials in the world are used in construction. So, a big waste of energy and resources and big damage to the environment as well.

Roxanne Meadow:
Making homes using hammers and nails and wood with the state of our technology today, is really absurd and will go the way of our labor class in regards to manufacturing in the United States.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 am 

I'll bet this is taken out of context, ask meadows just what construction technique she favors. Theoretically we can clone humans, so do we do it. Your rational is idiotic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Well why the heck not ?
We Demand President Obama Resign

President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA's surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n/sTtJndXm

This program was bought and paid for in 2002-03, we all have known about it (or should have), it has been widely reported...why is it an issue now?... :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:07 am 

Because a year into obamas first term it came to vote and instead of doing away with the act, Obama had the damn thing expanded, yea thats correct mr transparency him self, this admin has done more to infringe on our rights than bush ever thought of. But he's cool, and we have a uninformed electorate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:10 am 

Shit it sure seemed like the FZ Forum used to be a good place to talk about politics. Too bad its gone the way of threads like these. No logic, just slagging whatever the opposite side of their beliefs are. What a stupid thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am 

Well it is a forum but 2 posts above a question was asked, do you not believe my answer? Some times the truth hurts. You see debate usually have opposite sides, or it turns in to an ass kissing contest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:11 am 

I'm not just addressing you, Bravo. Debates can have even more than 2 sides. Or it can have 2 sides with a bunch of sub-groups. I agree with much of what you post. I think you know that while I support the President, it is not Carte Blanche. Obama has abused his power, but beyond that, we likely differ. Also, I disagree that rajhoul's post is idiotic, despite the fact that it takes the technology beyond its current limits with a strange understanding of absurdity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm 

cool

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next