Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I'll bet this is taken out of context, ask meadows just what construction technique sheget favors. Theoretically we can clone humans, so do we do it. Your rational is idiotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yv-IWdSdns

Contour Crafting is a construction technology that potentially reduces energy use and emissions by using a rapid-prototype or 3-D printing process to fabricate large components. Comprised of robotic arms and extrusion nozzles, a computer-controlled gantry system moves the nozzle back and forth, squeezing out layers of concrete or other material to fabricate a form. The ultimate goal is to print a house in a day while drastically reducing material and energy consumption.

Watch the video and you'll get an idead of what the future will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxqROe8tevo

Watch that video as well, it's more in depth.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm 

People like disco boy and bravo sierra make the comments they make because they, like many others, don't know how advanced technology is or could be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 pm 

rajhoul wrote:
People like disco boy and bravo sierra make the comments they make because they, like many others, don't know how advanced technology is or could be.

If you were paying attention, you'd notice that I wasn't totally disagreeing with you. When you implied that ALL or MOST human jobs would become obsolete because of said technology, I was basically implying that only SOME would be...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 am 

Given that the technology could be put ino existence and use, the future will mostly likely be of one where most if not all repetive sector service job functions will be mechanized.

In fact if the current trend continues and it should, by 2030 the labor for income will be seen as quaint.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:03 am 

could ? and most likely?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:10 pm 

This thread should be retitled "The Paula Deen Fan Club and White Meat Emporium" and could use a song or two to go with it...everybody sing right along...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEex1yAW7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZaQKskP-A

Bored of all those phony Obama scandals which are really non-scandals?...here's the real scandal, check this out ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4FpBooNc8

...read more about it here ----> viewtopic.php?p=588490#p588490

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm 

rajhoul wrote:
Given that the technology could be put ino existence and use, the future will mostly likely be of one where most if not all repetive sector service job functions will be mechanized.

In fact if the current trend continues and it should, by 2030 the labor for income will be seen as quaint.

That's debatable.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
could ? and most likely?

Exactly.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:50 am 

rajhoul wrote:

No way, construction will never go away, certian forms of fruit and vegtable harvesting can not be mechanized further or they would have long ago, many types of merchindice movement requirer man power (sorting, loading, stocking). Lets not forget such things as trucking, moving, design, configuring, the list is endless...some things requirer the human touch... :idea:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:42 am 

Exactly correct, I do not see the copy machine house that he talks of ever, theoretically, yes but never in practical use. Plumbers ,electricians, carpenters, cable jockeys, Hvac, maintenance, roofing, trucking, sales, auditing,......i just do not think this person has any idea what the world really is about, there are over 2 million service and labor jobs, we have to retrain the college grads. The list goes on that is why I say that school of thought is idiotic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:18 pm 

Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

No way, construction will never go away...

Oh really?

"3D printer can build a house in 20 hours."

http://www.wimp.com/printerhouse/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:27 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

No way, construction will never go away...

Oh really?

"3D printer can build a house in 20 hours."

http://www.wimp.com/printerhouse/

Not in our lifetime... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:50 pm 

and what material does the printer use? thats correct dear friends , petroleum products, great for all you green nick global warming nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:43 pm 

Doesn't change the fact that machines can replace construction workers, unless you think people are going to suddenly stop using petroleum products out of the goodness of their hearts?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:45 pm 

Plook wrote:

I would have said the same thing about most people having a machine at their fingertips to call up any piece of information they want at a whim.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:35 pm 

duchamp wrote:
Plook wrote:

I would have said the same thing about most people having a machine at their fingertips to call up any piece of information they want at a whim.

If a machine could construct a house fully formed, it will happen in a factory. Then an army of workers will either do the work or assist machines in doing the work of moving it to the site. Also an army of people will create usable lots, stub out utilities, create foundations, and install the prefab house.

Which is already happening only people make them and they have to be built in small manageable pieces and assembled at site due to size and weight conditions, they are called modular homes.

Even if they could do this I don't see it being less expensive, but actual extremely cost restrictive...I did construction for nearly 20years in another lifetime and I am afraid that your proposition just will not wash or ever be functional any time in the foreseeable future.

I do agree some things may be able to be functionally constructed by machines, but this construction thing is a pipe dream, in fact most any thing will requirer humans to bring it to a functional state.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:23 am 

Good on you duchamp for posting the link to that video featuring Behrokh Khoshnevis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 am 

Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

No way, construction will never go away, certian forms of fruit and vegtable harvesting can not be mechanized further or they would have long ago, many types of merchindice movement requirer man power (sorting, loading, stocking). Lets not forget such things as trucking, moving, design, configuring, the list is endless...some things requirer the human touch... :idea:

As a taste tester, your right, machines can't do that however visually they can verify condesation, growth rates and so on.

As for sorting, loading, stocking, it can all be done my machine.

Let me put it simply.

Humans have put a SUV sized rover on Mars known as Curiosity and it is traveling across Mars collecting samples.

To say that most human labor can't be replaced my machine automation to the point where the labor for income system ends and thus ending the current monetary system, is the equivalent of saying NASA's accomplishments in regards to Mars and so on are irrelevant.

You're not going to get me to go along with that level of down play.

Also, adressing an outdated need for human drivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

Video of the driverless car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17Qgc4a8xY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 am 

OK Mr Knowitall, space travel as a confirmation of your si fi idea. Show me the craft that the USA uses to go to the space station. You obviously have never worked or been to a construction site, IF the world were to or could go to machine age then there will be millions of jobs building said machines, and repairing them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:33 am 

rajhoul wrote:
Plook wrote:
rajhoul wrote:

As a taste tester, your right, machines can't do that however visually they can verify condesation, growth rates and so on.

As for sorting, loading, stocking, it can all be done my machine.

Let me put it simply.

Humans have put a SUV sized rover on Mars known as Curiosity and it is traveling across Mars collecting samples.

To say that most human labor can't be replaced my machine automation to the point where the labor for income system ends and thus ending the current monetary system, is the equivalent of saying NASA's accomplishments in regards to Mars and so on are irrelevant.

You're not going to get me to go along with that level of down play.

Also, adressing an outdated need for human drivers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

Video of the driverless car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17Qgc4a8xY

I'm not arguing anything about the Mars rovers, the comparison is laughable. You said a 3D machine will build a house, your hypothetical thinking is leaving any level of logistics out of the formula, therefore I say poppycock.

First problem if you had a machine large enough to build a house (and they very in size so I will be kind and just use the example of an average 3 bedroom house and leave out all other massive structures in their varying sizes) how will you get it to site on flat land much less varying terrain. Same problem if the house is fabricated in a factory.

Second does your machine differentiate between materials and will it be able to plumb the house, create electrical, toilets, cabinets, tile, fixtures, trim and finish, hang doors, set windows, need I go on.

I’m sorry and I don’t do this often, but you are mistaken… :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:51 am 

And what the hell does any of this tangent have to do with sock puppet Obama resigning? And what if he did? We'd still have a thoroughly incompetent government. Joe Biden's an improvement? Nancy Pelosi? The Big Boehner? Get fucking real.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 am 

Well it has nothing, we digress, I like the comparison of Obama to a sock puppet, had to clean my keyboard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
And what the hell does any of this tangent have to do with sock puppet Obama resigning? And what if he did? We'd still have a thoroughly incompetent government. Joe Biden's an improvement? Nancy Pelosi? The Big Boehner? Get fucking real.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:

Oh yeah, check out my band-aid !
We Demand President Obama Resign

President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA's surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n/sTtJndXm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:01 am 

...speaking of violating the 4th amendment...

NSA spying tools courtesy of failed Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's largest donor and campaign advisor and Libertarian Peter Theil.
http://www.occupycorporatism.com/meet-p ... -movement/

Palantir is a company founded by Peter Thiel — of Paypal and Facebookrenown — that has software which absolutely changes the game with intelligence.

It’s one of the best programs at coordinating the vast databases accumulated by the U.S. intelligence apparatus. It’s already in use in federal domestic security.

Palantir is one of the first Silicon Valley companies to view the government as a customer rather than an annoyance and — after stepping into a game dominated by top contractors like Lockheed Martin, IBM, and Raytheon — it’s proven controversial in both what it does and if it should be used.

What it does is assemble comprehensive dossiers on objects of interest, collated from the sprawling databases of intelligence agencies.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2012/08/07 ... ian-state/

...interesting that NSA leaker Edward Snowden, like Peter Theil, the creator of the NSA's spying tools is also linked to Republican Ron Paul.

Looks like Paula Deen isn't the only racist in the news, like the persons who hates that a black man was elected president with sizable majority votes...twice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:38 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

Oh yeah, check out my band-aid !
We Demand President Obama Resign

President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA's surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... n/sTtJndXm

1.) The surveillance program has existed in its present form since 2003 and only the filtering of the information has changed, it all has been captured since then.
2.) The reporters had knowledge of a leak that endangered undercover assets world wide.
3.) An IRS agent who is a Republican testified last week he and he alone came up with the plan to investigate the claims of Tea Baggers that they were not political organizations (the Tea Baggers were committing fraud).
4.) If the lie was Benghazi, the analysis came from the CIA.
5.) We never invaded Libya we supplied military assistance, a long standing American tradition.
6.) Interrogation and covert strikes have been going on for some time.

All stuff that has gone on for a long, long time...the problem seems to be that Blacky McBlackman is doing it... :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next