Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 4724
Location: Between the Badges
To bring a bit of balance after sleeping-in-a-jar's horribly insulting comments against Neil Young being a great electric guitar player, I thought I'd start this thread with...

Image

Who are the Masters of Feedback? I assume Watermelon will get its due... who and what else?

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 6088
Location: The Thumb
Image

Two, count 'em TWO feedbackers in one photo. Let the hearing damage begin.

_________________
*********************************************************************
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4640
Image

_________________
most accurate unintentionalism ever. LM is unoriginal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 851
Location: Location: Location:
Image

HA!!

_________________
Check out my band!:
http://burgerfriespop.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/burgerfriespop/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4640
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dh1soGncyUFg&ei=nTz3VNzjFYOeggSp2IHoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHvNkANjH6_CN6svPlbE6ait-EEnw&bvm=bv.87519884,d.eXY&cad=rja

_________________
most accurate unintentionalism ever. LM is unoriginal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: Chicago, sort of.
I love Neil Young's electric feedback smothering attacks on guitar. Goddamn, what an brutal distortion he's got. Not to mention that he'll go anywhere during a solo, regardless of key, volume, chops or anything else. Jesus how could someone like electric guitar and not like Neil?

Someone else? How about House at Pooneil Corner by Jefferson Airplane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_oAV9LtJE

Not to mention JA's Greasy Heart.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckv1v9GWRk

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 14897
Location: Centerville
Image

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 7106
Location: South wales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9_y91ihTo
Tommy Chong Guitar Solo

Cheap Amps :mrgreen:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: where the dogs roll by
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
To bring a bit of balance after sleeping-in-a-jar's horribly insulting comments against Neil Young being a great electric guitar player, I thought I'd start this thread with...

Image

Who are the Masters of Feedback? I assume Watermelon will get its due... who and what else?


Seriously, what's with that cover pic? He looks like Frankenstein's monster fer Chrissakes.

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: where the dogs roll by
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I love Neil Young's electric feedback smothering attacks on guitar. Goddamn, what an brutal distortion he's got. Not to mention that he'll go anywhere during a solo, regardless of key, volume, chops or anything else. Jesus how could someone like electric guitar and not like Neil?



I just snorted seltzer out of my nose.

But anyway, this:

Gang of Four, Anthrax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTmgFNSLtA

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15813
sleeping in a jar wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I love Neil Young's electric feedback smothering attacks on guitar. Goddamn, what an brutal distortion he's got. Not to mention that he'll go anywhere during a solo, regardless of key, volume, chops or anything else. Jesus how could someone like electric guitar and not like Neil?



I just snorted seltzer out of my nose.

But anyway, this:

Gang of Four, Anthrax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTmgFNSLtA


White noises

_________________
I got friends who will give me fluck all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 4724
Location: Between the Badges
sleeping in a jar wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
To bring a bit of balance after sleeping-in-a-jar's horribly insulting comments against Neil Young being a great electric guitar player, I thought I'd start this thread with...

Image

Who are the Masters of Feedback? I assume Watermelon will get its due... who and what else?


Seriously, what's with that cover pic? He looks like Frankenstein's monster fer Chrissakes.

You want Serious? Aren't we all Frankenstein's Monster on occasion? Anyway, I've often preferred the screaming-horror of feedback or the 3Dish EQ-texturization of feedback more than the doodley-whip pseudo-whammy-type feedbacks or the whuummmm-whhhhuuuuuuuummmmm-volume-pedal-simulator feedbacks. So, congratulations, in making me not be able to hate Gang of Four anymore. I was totally satisfied thinking that all their stuff sucked. Shit. Ya know, serious.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 4640
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I love Neil Young's electric feedback smothering attacks on guitar. Goddamn, what an brutal distortion he's got. Not to mention that he'll go anywhere during a solo, regardless of key, volume, chops or anything else. Jesus how could someone like electric guitar and not like Neil?

Someone else? How about House at Pooneil Corner by Jefferson Airplane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s_oAV9LtJE

Not to mention JA's Greasy Heart.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ckv1v9GWRk


Great pick i love jorma, great album

_________________
most accurate unintentionalism ever. LM is unoriginal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: where the dogs roll by
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Everyone here is wearing a Critics Uniform and don't kid yerself! :)


The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Aren't we all Frankenstein's Monster on occasion?


You're ROLLING, bro!

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6668
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Great thread Arkay, but I think you need a few more bells and whistles to attract more posts.
Oh wait...are we talking about guitar feedback here?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 4724
Location: Between the Badges
Any Kinda Feedback, Galoot!
Way back when, the feedback outta these guys was a freakin' blast!

Image

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15813
I used to have a Kent guitar that would feedback almost on command. I wish I had never gotten rid of it.

_________________
I got friends who will give me fluck all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 6465
Location: the theatrum of suprasensory universes
i love a guitar that i can command.

i once made a banjo balance my checkbook.


once.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 65
Sonny Sharrock - Devils Doll Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aapZlgCKdv0&index=2&list=PL080109C5B14F8618

Same album different end of the spectrum;

Sonny Sharrock - Broken Toys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJxelA10Gzg&list=PL080109C5B14F8618&index=3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: where the dogs roll by
RobRay wrote:
Sonny Sharrock - Devils Doll Baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aapZlgCKdv0&index=2&list=PL080109C5B14F8618

Same album different end of the spectrum;

Sonny Sharrock - Broken Toys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJxelA10Gzg&list=PL080109C5B14F8618&index=3


Fine choices. Sonny's Ask the Ages is a desert island album for me.

Next up:

Massacre (the Frith>Laswell>Maher incarnation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN15ZCV3rjE

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15813
lapsed maps wrote:
i love a guitar that i can command.

i once made a banjo balance my checkbook.


once.


Did it fine tune your deposits or did you have to pick another method?

_________________
I got friends who will give me fluck all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6668
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Does that include negative feedback?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 9622
Location: LumberTruckCentral
You are ugly; and your Mom dresses you funny.

_________________
~ Support Your Local Musicians ~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:19 am
Posts: 6465
Location: the theatrum of suprasensory universes
calvin2hikers wrote:
lapsed maps wrote:
i love a guitar that i can command.

i once made a banjo balance my checkbook.


once.


Did it fine tune your deposits or did you have to pick another method?

sadly, i do not remember... i was down on my pluck.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 am
Posts: 628
Location: Centerville, Norway
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedback

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG3rXowgEwE

_________________
If I'm not alone... I wonder if I've been asleep?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group