Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 12:27 pm 

Hey fellow FZ fanatics,<br><br>Recently, I've received a couple of CD-R's of live audience recordings from various bands through trading (no FZ though.. :( ). Unfortunately, the sound on most of these is god-awful, although the guy who I've traded with graded these as 'excellent'. <br><br>My question here is: is there an easy way to improve the sound quality or at least remove some of the hiss on these? I don't have any high end audio equipment but perhaps someone can recommend PC audio software to clean these up a bit. I've also noticed that the pitch is off on a couple of tapes. Is there an easy way to fix this with software? I also have a couple of FZ audience tapes that sound like crap, I'm not expecting any miracles here but there must be a way to improve these a bit...<br><br>I would really like to hear your recommendations.  Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 5:01 pm 

Go to a professional digital mastering studio who has a Zappa fan working as an engineer and ask them to master it for you.<br><br>The cool thing is, I own a professional mastering studio and I will likely do the job for free...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:09 am 

...a big problem, yes.<br>you can`t get something onto a tape what`s not on it. ;)