The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: the cramps
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:59 pm 

who likes the cramps?

Post subject: Re: the cramps
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:17 pm 

You know, none of this discussion is really all that far off topic for The Cramps.<br><br>Yes, I like 'em. How can you not like bastard rockabilly with a singer who sounds like the love child of Bela Lugosi and Paul Lynde and song titles like "Bikini Girls With Machine Guns"? Well, maybe sane people can't like that... but I do.<br><br>- Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:20 pm 

You know, white person, sometimes if you're prone to muscle cramping you could be magnesium deficient. For a leg cramp, try pumping your foot. That gets blood flowing to the muscle thereby increasing the muscles oxygen supply and of course, rids you of the muscle cramp.<br>(it's true) If you're NOT prone to them then just don't read this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:30 pm 

I'm not prone to cramping so I'm glad I didn't read the post immediately preceding this one from catpuke.<br><br>Isn't cramping also sometimes an indication of a potassium deficiency?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:35 pm 

Potassium, magnesium, cottage cheese ,lead, ...what's the difference. Just don't read the post, then. You should be fine. You may be right, eat bananas then.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:47 pm 

you guys are all retarded. im not talking about stomach pains.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:41 pm 

[quote author=agency_man link=board=rant;num=1038031199;start=0#12 date=11/25/02 at 17:47:05]you guys are all retarded. im not talking about stomach pains. [/quote]<br>Unless, of course, Poison Ivy kicks you in the stomach with those spike-heeled boots. Or if you eat several of the sandwiches described in another thread. Or if a Jerry Lewis movie comes in (well, he gives *me* intestinal cramps at any rate).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:41 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1038031199;start=0#13 date=11/25/02 at 18:14:04]<br>.....as well as menstrual cramps for the women of the species. [/quote]<br>Why in Gods name would you discuss uterine cramping?<br>Why not bring up, say, cramping at a cellular level.<br>Once activated the mitochondria can and often does cramp. It's common knowledge. A bolus of electrolyes may aid in the stopping of this reaction. Then again, it may not. I'd have to check the AMA's articles on this subject. Afterall, I'm just writing off the top of my head.<br>But if I'm right, the cell will rupture often resulting in a puddle of spit-like foam leaving the cell essentially destroyed. DAMAGED GOODS. Irreversible! <br>Now, the carbon that's stored in the cells themselves bonds then with the iron (which is what our blood is based on- unless you're Spock, then ya got Copper!) and together they form an unusual bond.<br>I hope this has helped.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:38 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1038031199;start=15#16 date=11/25/02 at 23:19:40]<br>If you know even an iota of what you just said (whatever it was), you've had more schooling than you can probably pay for. Are you a physician? Scientist? You could be a science comedian. "Hey I saw a mitochondria cramp up the other day.... What's up with that?"[/quote]<br>Like I said, it's COMMON knowledge. Prove me wrong, Stephen Hawking. What are YOUR therories then? <br>You had some hot weather/cramping story going...<br>