Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:47 am 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned on the forum, but I read today that the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in Los Angeles, June 2003 will be curated by Matt Groening. I thought this would be of interest since it means that arguably the world's highest profile Zappa fan will be picking the bands who play at this 3 day event. I went to ATP in England last year when Shellac were the curators, and with the notable exception of the Fall it was a great festival. More info can be found here: http://www.alltomorrowsparties.co.uk<br>There is a provisional list of some of the bands confirmed to play so far - doesn't seem to be any FZ related acts so far, although the Magic Band are on the bill. Apart from that a lot of the bands (Breeders, Fall, Wire) played at the last one. Here's the full list from the website:<br>ATP LOS ANGELES LINE UP<br>The Line up for the Matt Groening event is still being booked but the following acts have all confirmed to play at ATP in June next summer.<br><br>And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead&#8230;&#8230;.<br>Bangs<br>Blonde Redhead<br>Boredoms <br>Brave Combo<br>Breeders<br>CORNELIUS - (NEW ADDITION)<br>Neko Case<br>Coldcut<br>Danielson Famile<br>The Fall<br>Daniel Johnston<br>Jah Wobble<br>The Magic Band<br>The Melvins w/ Cameron Jamie<br>Melt Banana <br>Ooioo<br>Moris Teper<br>WIRE - (NEW ADDITION) <br>Yo La Tengo<br><br>THE DATES OF THE EVENT ARE<br>JUNE 18 -22 2003<br><br>Has anyone Stateside heard anything about this? Jimmie D, do you think P/O would be interested if they were approached? It strikes me that it would be a great shame, and a missed opportunity if there was no-one playing Zappa (or at least Zappa-related) music. I'm aware of the fact that it's a commercial festival and they need to sell tickets, but Shellac picked some pretty obscure bands (Zeni Geva, Oxes, Mission of Burma) and that line-up was a great success. Come on Matt, Zappa for All Tomorrow's Barties!<br> <br>