Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Home Recording....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:43 pm 

Hello all.. ;)..I have a question/topic.  I do home recording and I am trying to build up my own UMRK.  I record mainly on my PC using Cubasis SX, but I do intergrade my 4-track Tascam into mix.  I have a generous amount of effects and gadgets, but it is always nice to hear what others are using.  So anyone out there have any tips, tricks, favorite gadgets, instruments, software, plugins, ect...ect.. you want to share, let's whippem' out. :-*<br><br>I use.... ;D ;D ;D<br>Cubasis SX for my main recording<br>Soundblaster Live Platinum Creative sound card<br>100 gb of hard drive space<br>PlexWriter CD 16/10/40a rewrite drive<br>I mainly use a Fender Strat, Tacamine GS series EG10C acoustic, 1988 Peavy Tracer for my guitar tracks<br>Epiphone EB10 for the bass<br>Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-670 for the Drums<br>Korg N364 workstation for piano/MIDI stuff/just about anything you can imagine<br>Various effect pedals compression/ chourus/ flanger/ ect.<br>A crap load of various VST effect plugins<br>A framed poster of Crappa Zappa, world map various autographed pics, and a whole lot of cartoons for the inspiration........<br>OK now your turn......<br>

Post subject: Re: Home Recording....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:44 pm 

[quote author=Chad_the_Chitter link=board=rant;num=1043448232;start=0#0 date=01/24/03 at 14:43:51]<br>I record mainly on my PC using Cubasis SX[/quote]<br>I bought Cubase5 in April 2000 and never recorded with it cause I need money to complete my own studio (I lost my job, so it puts a hold on that project). I have to buy another PC, GigaStudio with CDs of real instruments, 2 high quality soundcards like Delta66 ou Delta 1010, a mixer. If I can find a well-payed job...<br><br>Anyway. Is Cubasis SX much better than Cubase5. Cause I never heard of it.   ???

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:53 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1043448232;start=0#1 date=01/24/03 at 20:05:25]How do you like the Soundblaster for this purpose? I had a Midiman PCI card that had RCA ins/outs, and it really helped the sound a lot. I don't know much about recording, because I never can find the time for it, or the patience. But, I have Cakewalk Guitar Studio 2 on my computer, with a SurReal soft synth under it, and a little mixer. I also MIDI my Emu synth into the computer and out to the speakers, so I can do a lot. If........[/quote]I really like the sound blaster card.  It comes with a built in effects, surround sound capabilities.  If you want to learn more about it go to there website.  There is a fountain of information on there.  Well worth the money.  Plus it works with most software.  I will never go back to any other product, unless it was Mark of the Unicorn.  But amn, I don't have the jing for that. Thanks for inquiring...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:49 am 

Depending on how much live recording or editing you do the roland hard disc recorders are great! Ive had a 1680 for three years now and that unit payed for itself within a years time. The new 2480 is much better and easier to use! ;D