Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:30 pm 

[quote author=JWFoust link=board=rant;num=1045375129;start=15#24 date=02/18/03 at 23:49:59]<br><br>& All I have to say is...<br><br>THE JAR IS UNDER THE BED....<br><br>& Nobody gets it!!!!????<br><br>Anyways,<br>JF<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I get it.<br><br><br>(thoughnotasoftenasi'dlikebwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh)<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:06 pm 

is klattu still around? they doin' opera these days?? ;)

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 04, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:20 pm 

god , you know opera always dintn sometimes though occasionally appeal to the few who i appreciated - peter gint is the maddest bit of poeratic stuuf ever though - ders gint in glassed ein und raup gesprochen spiel song unt linden mit der scorpions altona berchestesgarten time ,very much indeed. das das unter der pisse pisse time time aka srv vs. kws lin bagel.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:50 pm 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=rant;num=1045375129;start=15#21 date=02/18/03 at 20:50:55]<br><br>HA! I knew it! His influence is evident in nearly all your postings. Why, you're probably listening right now...<br><br>BTW, you made me choke on my water.[/quote]<br>Wrong, jar sleeper. I got a jazz version of, Besime Mucho (?sp) playin'. Not ONLY that but I'm in the process of recording a song with my ever congenial brother that is OH-SO-OPERA-LIKE. <br>(if I could reach you, I'd hurt you)<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 4:41 pm 

ronnys -  the mere mention of the peter gint sends me into psychometric tantric spasams - i really should not type the forbidden letters - grieg hit the spot i recon<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:52 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1045375129;start=30#36 date=02/22/03 at 00:19:00]<br>I can't say for certain, but I get the feeling that Frank had a bit of a shine for Spike Jones as well. Whenever I hear Jones' versions of "Dance of the Hours" or "The William Tell Overture," I always think of Frank.[/quote]<br><br><br>I have to agree. Another thing that reminds me of FZ is "Rhapsody From Hunger(y)", for the Stravinsky reference (the characters named Igor and Petrushka).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:52 pm 

Image<br>Mom of catpuke singing opera at age 18 in Chicago.<br>(I'm taking advantage of my free two week trial of picture posting!)<br>Yes, the woman can STILL make me foam at the mouth with one sentance but I still love 'er.<br>OH MY GOD, when we were kids getting yelled at was the worse thing she could do to us. My brother said once, "Why can't mom just HIT us like other moms?".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 5:09 pm 

The "Opera" part of "Teen-Age Prostitute" still makes me giggle.<br><br> Along with many parts of 200 Motels.<br><br>"This Towwwwn is like a sealed Tuna sandwich-With-a-wrap-per"<br>& the whole of both "A Nun-Suit Painted on Some Old Boxes"& "Dew On the Newts We Bought" -High Comedy that!<br><br>Frank also wanted to probe the value of say, the "raspberry" noise(as Spike Jones used it, "a funny, but equally valid"musical element) as contrasted with "serious musical" elements & come up with up a compostional whole...I think, or something like that (Damn, I'm drunk, & I never had music theory?! Does art school count? Do they still write record reviews like that?)<br><br>Jes' tell me i'm fulla shit, I got a license to be an arsehole!<br>JW Foust<br><br>There's no punkin gnashing it's teeth yet, THATS the one I want!<br>

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:49 pm 

MTF-she does have stories! Books and books of fan mail from then too. She STILL runs her own school of music and conducts a small chorus and symphony(non profit) even though she's  handicapped and 76.Feisty old girl. ;D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:06 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=rant;num=1045375129;start=0#14 date=02/17/03 at 19:40:12]<br>Yup, Washington and Wacker. Did you know Klaatu lives on the north side?[/quote]<br><br>Shucks!  You guys were talkin' about me!<br><br>I don't think I'm going to see P/O as King Crimson is at the Park West the same weekend.  Also, I don't know how good P/O really are and part of me wants to remember Ike the way he looked and sang in "Does Humour Belong in Music"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:24 pm 

Actually, I chose my name because of the movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still", not the Canadian band from the seventies.  <br><br>But here is a pretty decent site for those inquisitive...<br>http://www.klaatu.org/klaatu.html<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 1:40 pm 

yes tycoon - we used to do that too ,  the rocky horror ,those where the days eh -  TOAST<br><br>mungo