Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 6:27 am 

How often, where and what particular album do you guys listen to though which medium - and why? <br>Haha. Okay, I´ll start to give an example.<br>For the mist part I only listen to Zappa on my own. My girlfreind, who lives with me, doesn`t like most of it.<br>It sure varies a lot through time, but these days I listen to at least 5 Cds a week.<br>At the moment I like to have FZ on my discman when walking to work and home each day.<br>I also noticed, FZ is very funny with people around, for instance, listening to Grand Wazoo`s FOR CALVIN and seing people gaze in emptiness on the subway in the morning. Hehe...<br>Cleaning my flat and listen to SUNPYG is great, and Burnt Weenie Sandwich is great riding a train through the country on sunny days, same as riding a bike and having the 1988 band on..<br>AND: I really enjoyed EIHN walking alone through a sort of "winter wonderland" last january...Nap Time...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:42 pm 

Well, I travel by train a lot, at least two hours every day and I listen to a lot of different albums while traveling. I actually prefer to listen to music with headphones on to hear all the little details better. <br><br>I'm working my way through the entire Zappa catalog in the order it was originally released right now: listening at least two FZ albums a day, starting with 'Freak Out'. I really like this approach because I get a sense of how his musical ideas developed during the years and how the use of different line-ups and band members influenced the music etc..  "Studio Tan" and "Sleep Dirt" are planned for tomorrow. :)