Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 4:28 pm 

Hi everybody,<br>We all know that besides the musical master, FZ was also a VERY competent movie maker. But what amazes me is how inteligent, aware and prepared he was for RANDOM subjects as Science, Politics, etc., as I can judge by his lyrics and interviews.<br><br>My point here is that whatever FZ would have choose for making his life, he would be on top of it. I see him as a sort of Leonardo Da Vince of the XX century.<br>Am I exagerating or do you feel the same???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:21 am 

I think it's impossible to give you an answer. Zappa scientist? Zappa politician? I don't know, probably he was also this things (in a little part) but I think he knew that music was the better way for him, the better way he had to explain his ideas, his genius. His curiosity took him to touch many aspects of human knoweledge but he knew music was his way. In this choice is also his genius.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:39 pm 

ronnys_noomies wrote:
Pope Frank the First?
the bankers

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:41 pm 

I think that Zappa is one of the best 'cause of his sense of ORGANIZATION. In this he was really the number one!<br>You can find this quality in making music, composing, directing orchestra... I think that the idea inside the YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON STAGE ANYMORE six volumes is a good mirror for understand what I mean. 20 years of career mixed togheter without any link with the sense of the time, musicians of different periods playing togheter also if they never did in the reality, songs realized cutting and putting togheter different versions of different concerts, and it sounds marvellous! He surely could do great things in many areas and that is for his sense of ORGANIZATION.  Thanks God he did his things in music... so I can enjoy it! I'm sure that in 20/30 years Zappa works will be re-valued, and he surely will be recognized as one of the best in music&mind XX century innovation.<br><br>Ciao

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:48 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=rant;num=1036204135;start=0#4 date=03/31/03 at 22:40:59]<br><br>As far as his many non-musical talents, the one that impressed me the most was his head for business. He and Gail ran a very successful multi-media art business for over 20 years. They ran an office with products and employees and letterhead and vendors and inventory and supplies and all that normal business stuff. <br><br>They not only produced the records and the films: they also managed the distribution deals, booked the gigs, made sure the studio was maintained and dealt with all the people who were ripping them off.<br><br>All this back-room crap took up a lot of Frank's time, and it just makes it that much more amazing to me that he was able to create so much really good music.[/quote]<br><br>Did he ever sleep ??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:00 pm 

[quote author=Baby Snake link=board=rant;num=1036204135;start=0#6 date=04/01/03 at 00:48:18]<br><br>Did he ever sleep ??[/quote]<br><br>Never!<br>