Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: YER LIKE FOOD ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:35 pm 

the good good whole wheat taste....can't get them in california :'(  ....  shreddies>chex<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:23 am 

can I put chocolate chips in the potato cookies??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:30 pm 

Sorry Vaposlob, I just noticed your recipe request so here it is:<br>Blackened salmon filet- Take a fresh salmon filet and dredge it in some cajun-style blackening seasonong. I used Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic(an excellent product) but you can use any cajun-style seasoning or make your own(equal parts paprika, garlic powder,onion powder, thyme, corriander, white or black pepper, and a little salt and cayenne pepper) Sear the filet in a cast-iron skillet for about two minutes, turn over and finish in a 400 degree oven for about four minutes.<br><br>Tartar sauce: mix small amount of aoli or mayonaise with some minced onion, garlic,fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.<br><br>Potato Cakes: take a large cooked(steamed or boiled) potato and shred it with a cheese grater in a bowl. Add about a tablespoon of minced roasted garlic, and handful of grated asiago or parmesian cheese, an egg yolk, some chopped chives, and salt and pepper. Mix together and form into cakes, like small hockey pucks. Gently fry cakes in a pan of clarified butter over medium heat. They should have the consistency of mashed potaoes, so flip them over carefully because they will tend to fall apart. Fry or finish in oven untill golden brown.<br><br>For the vegetables, simply toss the slices in olive oil, <br>fresh garlic, salt, and some of the cajun seasoning. Grill on open flame broiler or sautee them in a pan.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:29 pm 

How 'bout this little ditty I cook up every now and again,when the mood behooves me.....<br>Start out with at least a pound of de-veined [sub](no not William DeVane)[/sub]Jumbo shrimp,and shell them leaving the tails...marinate for at least 1 hour in a marinade consisting of.....<br>olive oil,chopped garlic..(the more the merrier),a healthy dash of grated Romano cheese,freshly ground black pepper,a dash or two of soy ([sup]which in spanish,translates to "I am"   [/sup])sauce,lemon juice and parsely (fresh preferred).<br>Mix this aromatic concoction in a large bowl, or wheel barrow, and add the "I am Sauce"last, because the salt content can be over-powering to the rest of the mix.<br>Add shrimp<br>Let marinate at least an hour,and then start to "thread" them onto your BBQ skewers,(metal preferred) and brush liberally with the remnants of your marinade.<br>BBQ for about...8-10 minutes,and turn them CONSTANTLY!<br>Serve with Corona and lime and enjoy!<br>Bon Apetite   ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:46 pm 

White Person has an interesting use for cloves you might like to know about.<br>And he'd like to know where you've gone, mungo.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:15 am 

hi everybody!<br><br>so nice that my first posting will be concerning food....<br>here we are with a traditional dish from hessen/germany for all seasons: <br>its called handcheese with music (not kidding, people):<br>u take some (hell, i do not know the english word for sauermilchkäse...), anyway.....some not full fat ripened cheese and put lots of onions, oil, vinegar and spices on it. best you can do is leave it in the fridge for a couple of days and then....enjoy, very tasty with bread and butter.<br><br>we eat this all day and it keeps us happy!<br><br>best wishes<br>wowie zowie!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:16 am 

hi everybody!<br><br>so nice that my first posting will be concerning food....<br>here we are with a traditional dish from hessen/germany for all seasons: <br>its called handcheese with music (not kidding, people):<br>u take some (hell, i do not know the english word for sauermilchkäse...), anyway.....some not full fat ripened cheese and put lots of onions, oil, vinegar and spices on it. best you can do is leave it in the fridge for a couple of days and then....enjoy, very tasty with bread and butter.<br><br>we eat this all day and it keeps us happy!<br><br>best wishes<br>wowie zowie!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:07 pm 

WHY DO WE HAVE REDUNDANT POSTINGS...JUST NOW?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:01 pm 

im still here cat - i just went on a camping trip for a week see, tell the white man ill see him on the yahoo clique gossip spot shortly - im glad somebody missed me ! ill post a pic of my tent when i have the negs developed .<br><br>as for cloves, i have a jar of em - what i do with em i dunno and would welcome suggestions. <br><br>shit - i missed that reply white , quite right , dont send out the search parties just yet - with my forum gut i can survive for a month at least on my fat supplies alone - all is well - so whats with the cloves ?<br><br>mungo