Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: YER LIKE FOOD ?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:15 am 

Sounds really good, but no pickled cucumber?<br>Anyway, enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:34 pm 

[quote author=knepo link=board=rant;num=1047780475;start=0#3 date=03/16/03 at 04:29:05]Here in Voss in Norway we got something special called Smalahove. sheephead in english ;)<br><br>Voss is the only place in the world where they have mass production of smalahove. <br>Try it sometime its good :D<br><br> [/quote]<br><br>Thanks for the photos, knepo. :D I find this amazing. This is new to me.<br>Is this usually served only in the evening?<br>Do you eat only the inside of the head, or only the outside, or both?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 7:29 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=rant;num=1047780475;start=15#25 date=03/19/03 at 09:04:52]Eat it with ice berg salad<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>and not only the ice berg salad  ::)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:13 am 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=rant;num=1047780475;start=15#28 date=03/19/03 at 20:34:22]<br><br>Thanks for the photos, knepo. :D I find this amazing. This is new to me.<br>Is this usually served only in the evening?<br>Do you eat only the inside of the head, or only the outside, or both?[/quote]<br><br>You eat everything except the bones. the brain and the eyeballs has to be taken out.<br><br>it may look gro'tesque but it tastes verry good ;)<br>Come to Voss and have a Smalahove whit some Heimabrygg.<br>

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 11:14 am 

[quote author=knepo link=board=rant;num=1047780475;start=30#34 date=03/20/03 at 11:13:04]<br>Come to Voss and have a Smalahove whit some Heimabrygg.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thanks! :D  I would like to visit Scandinavia some day.<br>(I once had a girlfriend from Finland.)<br><br>This is not very exotic, but it is easy to make. This is the kind of food single guys invent when hungry, not much food in the house, and don't want to go to grocery store yet.<br><br>Mix up some eggs and a little bit of milk as if you are going to make an omlet. I use 3 eggs, and throw out one of the yolks, but there are no rules.<br><br>Drain the excess broth from a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Dump the noodles and chicken into the bowl with the eggs. Mix everything up good.<br><br>Dump it all into a hot frying pan. Move it around and flip it now and then to cook it all evenly. When it's almost done, put the cheese of your choice on top and put the lid on the skillet. Heat until the cheese melts.<br><br>I like to add cracked black pepper on top when done. This is really good to eat after lifting weights or doing heavy work. Lots of protein, very filling, quick, inexpensive, and easy.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:07 pm 

I was raised on Spanish/Cuban cuisine,and my favorites<br>include anything Seafood.I could literally eat seafood for breakfast.My wife thinks I'm nuts,but I LOVE anything from the sea.Seaweed,Sea Urchin(eaten raw,as sushi)<br>Fish Legs,Piss Clams,Barnacles,Drift Wood,.."If it comes <br>from the sea,then its for me"..The stinkier, the better.<br>I also have a penchant for vegetables..'specially raw.<br>When it comes to sweets..."Cella's Chocolate Covered<br>Cherries",Raisinettes,"Ben and Jerry's"..Cherry Garcia Ice Cream,Lychee Nuts,Anything with White Chocolate,and<br>Dairy Queen Ice Cream.I was addicted to "Snapple"for a while,but thats since passed...Now I'm addicted to "Welches" Grape Juice...I go through "fads" I guess..<br><br>Anyway,there you have it ...Zaigoat's High Mercury Diet!!<br>                                            <br> ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:15 am 

Fries With the Works<br><br>They don't make this anywhere but here, well as far as I know.<br><br>French fries with gravey, motza cheese, ground beef, and peas.  Add Turkey and stuffing for $.50.  Wash it down with a Dr. Browns Cream Soda.  Yum!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:18 pm 

deep fried mars bars are real good too but only if yer have been a good boy and eaten up all the deep fried pizza , nutritious stuff <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:45 pm 

Hey 6stringmaniac. Thanks alot. I tried your recipe and ended up wasting a perfectly good camel! Not to mention the chickens and pinoli's (which, incidentally, don't come easy around here). Your joke is not funny. My whole tribe is mad at me now. We're short one camel and I have to walk!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:03 pm 

The upper west side allows, and encourages camels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:05 am 

If yer into the "Big Match" from "McDownells", here's the recipe for the secret sauce.<br><br>1/2 cup mayonnaise<br>2 tablespoons French dressing<br>4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish<br>1 tablespoon finely minced white onion<br>1 teaspoon white vinegar<br>1 teaspoon sugar<br>1/8 teaspoon salt <br><br>1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.<br>2. Place sauce in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, so that the flavors blend. Stir the sauce a couple of times as it chills.<br><br>Makes about 3/4 cup.<br>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:51 pm 

Yer like? - <br>Thai Cusine: <br><br>1. Tom Ka Gai Soup<br>2. Pork Satee'<br>3. Pad ra Mit<br>4. Pad Thai<br>5. Chicken Curry<br>6. Spring Rolls<br><br>And any other stuff with loads of garlic and chilis!<br><br>Here is a page with dozens of excellent:<br>[glow=red,2,300]THAI RECIPES[/glow]<br><br>And:<br>[glow=red,2,300]125 THAI RECIPES[/glow]<br><br><br>Also: Sushi + Japanese Cuisine, and authentic Mexican.<br><br>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:25 pm 

Tonight's special:<br><br>Blackened Filet of Salmon with Cilantro/Lime Tartar Sauce, Roasted Garlic and Chive Potato Cakes, and Grilled Marinated Vegetables( Zuchinni, Carrot, and Fennel)<br>Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:46 am 

[quote author=bongofury2000 link=board=rant;num=1047780475;start=45#46 date=04/08/03 at 01:25:44]Tonight's special:<br><br>Blackened Filet of Salmon with Cilantro/Lime Tartar Sauce, Roasted Garlic and Chive Potato Cakes, and Grilled Marinated Vegetables( Zuchinni, Carrot, and Fennel)<br>Image[/quote]<br><br><br>No shit, Roony's!<br>Hey Bongo, you wouldn't happen to have the formal recipe for this, would you?<br>My damn mouth is watering ovah heah...

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen