Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:41 pm 

Golly, Ronny, I too like P B& J. I have to cut the crusts off though.<br><br>Sometimes, if I'm in a daring mood, I go ALL the way and make a bologna sandwich.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:00 pm 

i had a grilled eggplant and hummus wrap last week that rocked.  i could eat 3 falafel sandwiches a day for the rest of my life and die happy.  spaniko too.  oooohhhhhhh!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:39 pm 

A Rachel - it's like a Reuben but with corned beef - grilled, with Gulden's brown mustard and a large, garlicy dill pickle spear. Barring that, Lebannon bologna (garlicy!) and Havarti on dark rye with Gulden's (again), a little mayo, and a few very thin slices of red onion.<br><br>Yes, people do seem to avoid me after I eat lunch. Why do you ask?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:10 pm 

Well, growing up we were poor and that's when I learned to love the "air sandwich". It's just basically two pieces of bread held together as though it had contents. I always had to have water with it, you know, so dry. Actually, it was my father I believe who invented that "universal sign of choking" after he ate one. (may he rest in peace). To this day I find my mind drifting back to the filthy streets I grew up in and longing for that air sandwich. And when I do, why that's when I go get bread.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:04 pm 

Ronny, the more I think of it, the more I truely believe I HAVE no favorite sandwich. I'm not like the other's who DO infact HAVE favorite sandwich . Does a hot dog on a stick count as a sandwich? You have to basically eat it with your hands? Hope it is. Cause if it's NOT then I have some homework to do before I post again. Do finger foods and junk foods count as sandwiches? They're eaten with your hands?  But what about people who can't feed themselves and have to rely on other people to feed them? What about an I.V. drip of total peripheral nutrition? It's not realy eaten with the hands but it IS food? But the I.V. CAN be put into the hand and, in a sense, it's eaten with the hand? Well, even if someone is feeding you it's being fed to you by their hand, right? Fruit? Does fruit count? <br><br>Just forget it. Nevermind.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:11 pm 

This isn't limited to stuff eaten with bread, right?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:49 pm 

ketchup.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:21 pm 

Hey everyone, just thought I'd keep you updated. I have decided on a fav. sandwich!!<br>Its starts with 2 pieces of shingles (non slate and non asbestos) and has a mild, creamy battery acid sauce.<br>The filling is  still, as yet, undecide. But I'll keep you posted.<br><br>GOT IT-predigested kelp. Aw man, that's the stuff..........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:51 am 

As far as sandwiches go, i'm a very regular joe i guess.<br>I just love a sandwich with ham, VERY old cheese and, to top it off..., some baked egg on it.<br><br>But you can also make me happy with a sandwich with:<br><br>- Hagelslag (mousedroppings)<br>- Bebogeen<br>- Nutella<br>- Honing<br>- Aardbeienjam<br>- Stroop<br>- Basterdsuiker<br>- Lever (liver)<br> and some other things that i won't bother you people with.........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:45 am 

Never tried a sandwich, cause til yesterday I thought, there would be sand in it, now I see, that this is a big mistake ... anyone can give me any help, which wich I should try first?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:14 pm 

Dr. Including-hope you're sitting...I'm not really a cat. And I don't always puke either.<br>And haven't you already replied to this post thereby exceeding your God given limit?  ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving-everyone.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:27 pm 

Houmas and 'Widow' brand hot sauce on fresh brown bread - I swear I have temporarily lost my sight after one of these. Grilled cheese & hot sauce is also hard to beat. Or, to paraphrase Fletch, 'a steak sandwich......and a steak sandwich'.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:06 am 

i once had a steak-sandwich at koh samui/ choeng mon beach/ ps. villa. wow guys! when you got the chance to take a rest at their beautiful terrace and you are hungry...well trust me! steak-sandwich is the best they offer!<br><br>eat you<br><br>vince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:32 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
[quote author=catpuke link=board=rant;num=1038126490;start=0#6 date=11/24/02 at 21:10:28]Well, growing up we were poor and that's when I learned to love the "air sandwich". It's just basically two pieces of bread held together as though it had contents. I always had to have water with it, you know, so dry. Actually, it was my father I believe who invented that "universal sign of choking" after he ate one. (may he rest in peace). To this day I find my mind drifting back to the filthy streets I grew up in and longing for that air sandwich. And when I do, why that's when I go get bread.[/quote]Elwood Blues fondly refered to this as a "wish" sandwich.  It is where you have two pieces of bread and you wish you had something in between them.<br><br>My favorite sandwich is in bed with the twins.<br><br>Rubber Biscuit.<br>