Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: zappa's song to bush
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:13 pm 

Times ssure would feel better.. expecially if frank could write a song for george w. what to call it?<br><br>gun hoe cheerleader<br><br>bush's and bush's of fun.<br><br>bush's baked dreams<br><br>any other idea's<br>

Post subject: Re: zappa's song to bush
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:09 pm 

Strictly Genteel - <br><br>     He should not be so concerned with what people think of him. Just DO what needs to be DONE. Whining crybabys like Tom Daschle and Ted Kennedy are not symbols of strength. There is a fucking psycho in IRAQ and I can't take seriously the ramblings of these two losers. Striesand is complaining that "Bush's Oil buddies will make out well if there is a war"<br>SO FUCKING WHAT! That means America makes out well. Hey Barbara, lets do it YOUR WAY, and when your walking along the beach in a LEAD MUMU , I'll give you a ring and tell you how fucked your mind is. <br><br>    And now, From the TOP BOARD in Zappa Land::::::        <br><br>                      Brain Police are Dan<br>                  Peter and Tom. I'd Rather<br>                      Open my own mind.<br><br>

l)
l

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:18 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
I understand from one of my sources in the Whitey House that George W is a big Zappa fan, and every morning starts his day listening to the song "Weasels Ripped My Flesh" because he wants to be reminded of the horrors of 9/11.<br><br>When he's out of the office, Rumsfeld puts on "Harder Than Your Husband" for Laura.<br><br>Bring me the head of Sad Man Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:00 pm 

The (REALLY) Idiot Bastard Son<br><br>or<br><br>George W is such an asshole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:42 pm 

<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#9 date=09/27/02 at 20:00:47]<br>The (REALLY) Idiot Bastard Son<br><br>or<br><br>George W is such an asshole<br>[/quote]<br>Please explain what makes George W. Bush, My President, an asshole?  You think it's easy being the most powerful man in the world?  I have complete faith in this Man, and when the time comes for him to make the tough decisions, he'll have my support.<br><br>George W. has shown nothing but integrity since he's been in office.  Everybody has a past that can bite them on the ass.  That shit is for the petty to chew on.  I live in the Here and Now, and from what I've seen in George W., he is truly Presidential; A Great Leader!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:54 pm 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#10 date=09/27/02 at 20:42:47]<br><br>Please explain what makes George W. Bush, My President, an asshole?  You think it's easy being the most powerful man in the world?  I have complete faith in this Man, and when the time comes for him to make the tough decisions, he'll have my support.<br><br>George W. has shown nothing but integrity since he's been in office.  Everybody has a past that can bite them on the ass.  That shit is for the petty to chew on.  I live in the Here and Now, and from what I've seen in George W., he is truly Presidential; A Great Leader!<br>[/quote]<br><br>I agree with you!! At least Dubya isn't treating the White House like his personal frat house, with beejers and parties and sleepovers for all his buddies like the previous prez. Above all of that, I think he's doing a great job, inheriting a recession and dealing with a war that partially stemmed from Clinton's inability to do anything about terrorism

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:22 am 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#10 date=09/27/02 at 20:42:47]<br><br>Please explain what makes George W. Bush, My President, an asshole?  You think it's easy being the most powerful man in the world?  I have complete faith in this Man, and when the time comes for him to make the tough decisions, he'll have my support.<br><br>George W. has shown nothing but integrity since he's been in office.  Everybody has a past that can bite them on the ass.  That shit is for the petty to chew on.  I live in the Here and Now, and from what I've seen in George W., he is truly Presidential; A Great Leader!<br>[/quote]<br><br>The guy is a complete RETARD, he think's he own's the world.What he says is true and the rest of the world just have to do as he says.<br>And for the most part the rest of the world ACTUALLY listen to the man and his mongloid statements about terror, Saddam, Al Qaida......<br>I really would like to see that the rest of the world would give the USA the finger and say: FUCK YOU !!!!!<br>Because the things that happened on September 11th are for the most part the USA's (they're foreign policy's and government decisions) own fault.<br>And i think that the USA needs Europe and the rest of the world a lot more than Europe the USA.<br>It's my opinion that with George Dubya ''ruling'' the world we have all sorts of potential problems in the world.<br>What i would like to see happening in the American government and they're foreign policy is the following:<br>instead of attacking country's because they are ''Anti-America'', they have to look for the REASON WHY they are and than try to come up with a sollution for the problem...<br>As long as they don't do that i for one ain't Pro-USA and definitly NOT pro BUSH......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 5:40 am 

[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#12 date=09/28/02 at 07:22:42]<br>The guy is a complete RETARD, he think's he own's the world.What he says is true and the rest of the world just have to do as he says.  And for the most part the rest of the world ACTUALLY listen to the man and his mongloid statements about terror, Saddam, Al Qaida....... <br>I really would like to see that the rest of the world would give the USA the finger and say: FUCK YOU !!!!![/quote]<br>Young Liberal Eurotrash Bullshit!!!!  <br><br>You don't believe Saddam is a threat to World Peace, you don't believe Saddam supports terrorism, you don't believe Al-Quida and the Taliban deseved what they got?  Where you come from, AE, All the dope smokers hate Bush, because he's an easy target. leader of the free world and all that.<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#12 date=09/28/02 at 07:22:42]<br>Because the things that happened on September 11th are for the most part the USA's (they're foreign policy's and government decisions) own fault.<br>And i think that the USA needs Europe and the rest of the world a lot more than Europe the USA.[/quote]<br>Remember this little skirmish called WW2?  I guess Europe didn't need us then either?  What the fuck do we need Europe for anyway, except mabey to sell more "BIG MAC's".  Liberal Bullshit!!!  Please explain why 9/11 had to happen again?  I am so pissed off at your indeference to thousands of innocents dying a horrible death that I can't even type straight!<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#12 date=09/28/02 at 07:22:42]<br>It's my opinion that with George Dubya ''ruling'' the world we have all sorts of potential problems in the world.<br>What i would like to see happening in the American government and they're foreign policy is the following:<br>instead of attacking country's because they are ''Anti-America'', they have to look for the REASON WHY they are and than try to come up with a sollution for the problem...<br>As long as they don't do that i for one ain't Pro-USA and definitly NOT pro BUSH......<br>[/quote]<br>Remember the weapons inspections and how they were stopped and eventually ousted by Saddam.  That didn't happen on George W's watch.  You know the reason we went into Afganistan, hmm?  There is a WAR ON TERRORISM!!!!<br>Iraq supports terror, so too bad for them.  All you anti-American people out there can kiss my RED, WHITE, and BLUE ASS!  I'll bet the next time you Dutch get in a tight spot, you'll welcome us w/ open arms.  You have no idea how ugly the world can be, sitting in your dorm, listening to FZ on the headphones, watching everything happen on television. Typical of a nineteen year old!  <br><br>What would you be saying if Apartied was still around?  Weren't those your fellow countrymen down there pulling that shit?<br><br>Look at all the big problems in the modern history, and who was there to help every fucking time?  Americans!!!  You still haven't explained clearly about why you you think George W. is an asshole. <br><br>You, my friend, are the asshole!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:38 pm 

Bush, Blair and other Leaders stinks. The 9/11 was a pathetic act from a subgroup of terrorists, but everyday 25000 kids are dying from starvation in this world. Therefore is the the 9/11 act a column in the world history.<br><br>Here are a historical review from the Neworker which can enlighten your brains a little bit.<br><br>http://www.newyorker.com/printable/?fact/011119fa_FACT2<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:12 am 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=0#13 date=09/28/02 at 08:40:33]<br><br>Young Liberal Eurotrash Bullshit!!!!  <br><br>You don't believe Saddam is a threat to World Peace, you don't believe Saddam supports terrorism, you don't believe Al-Quida and the Taliban deseved what they got?  Where you come from, AE, All the dope smokers hate Bush, because he's an easy target. leader of the free world and all that.<br>Remember this little skirmish called WW2?  I guess Europe didn't need us then either?  What the fuck do we need Europe for anyway, except mabey to sell more "BIG MAC's".  Liberal Bullshit!!!  Please explain why 9/11 had to happen again?  I am so pissed off at your indeference to thousands of innocents dying a horrible death that I can't even type straight!<br>Remember the weapons inspections and how they were stopped and eventually ousted by Saddam.  That didn't happen on George W's watch.  You know the reason we went into Afganistan, hmm?  There is a WAR ON TERRORISM!!!!<br>Iraq supports terror, so too bad for them.  All you anti-American people out there can kiss my RED, WHITE, and BLUE ASS!  I'll bet the next time you Dutch get in a tight spot, you'll welcome us w/ open arms.  You have no idea how ugly the world can be, sitting in your dorm, listening to FZ on the headphones, watching everything happen on television. Typical of a nineteen year old!  <br><br>What would you be saying if Apartied was still around?  Weren't those your fellow countrymen down there pulling that shit?<br><br>Look at all the big problems in the modern history, and who was there to help every fucking time?  Americans!!!  You still haven't explained clearly about why you you think George W. is an asshole. <br><br>You, my friend, are the asshole!<br>[/quote]<br><br>First of all: i'm not a dope smoker, thank u very much....<br>I am not saying Saddam isn't a thread, yes of course he has nuclear weapons but i don't think he will be using them, because if he does he's in a world of shit and i think he knows that...<br>It might be a little naive to think this, but it's the way i see it.<br>About the WW 2 thing: the USA didn't participate in it until the Pearl Harbor thing happened, so it always made me wonder what the USA would have done if that didn't happen.<br>Of course they wanted to free US from a potential communist or nazi regime, but i always kinda believed that the USA had they're own little secret hidden agenda when they DID eventually stepped forward in WW2....<br>About 9/11: of course it's a sad an traggic thing that so many innocent people had to die that way, but on the other hand, there are thousands of innocent people worldwide who die of wars, starvation and diseases and you hardly ever hear anything about that anymore...<br>And yes i know how fucking ugly the world and it's inhabitants can be.<br>I think about that everyday when i read and hear the news...<br>I would love to see a world without wars, hunger, diseases and all the other useless things we can do without.<br>But that's UTOPIA, and i for one won't live to see that happen, unfortuantely.....And it will never happen, because where there are people, there are problems, so we just have to make the best of our situation as it is.<br>I think i am one of a few people my age in my neigbourhood and my school that think about the state of the world and all the problems on it.<br>Sometimes people say to me that i have to stop thinking/worrying about all that and have fun and enjoy my life like any ''normal'' 19 year old would...<br>So don't give me that ''Typical 19 year old'' bullshit....i mean it's easy for you to sit there and share your thoughts with us, you are in your 40's so you kinda know what to expect of life...<br>I am only 19, in the end what do i know about life and how to live it...<br>I try to make the best of the situation at hand with whatever knowledge i possess after 19 years.<br>I'm sorry i upset you Drool, it was not meant for that.<br>But i can get very pissed lately about that whole Saddam-Terror-Bush thing, that sometimes (like in this forum) i say or write things that i mean on the moment i write them down or say them, but sometimes later on i rethink them, and have to actually DISagree with myself.<br>So next time, i will rethink my thoughts for a couple of minutes before actually posting them, because i am not planning to get into a fight in this forum.<br>That's just a waste of time, there is already enough of that in the real world, so we don't need it here.<br><br>Thanx 4 your time, feel free to comment, so we can maybe talk this thing out....<br><br>Yours truly,<br>The Asshole.........

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:56 am 

everyone loves to trash the US until they need us, then they kiss our powerful ass until we fix the problem, then they bitch about us once we leave. i, for one, would love to say screw you to the rest of the world and let all the "lesser" countries simply rot in their own ignorance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:11 am 

sorry, I don't want to offend or sound like a lunatic but people who blame the US for sept 11 are either completely brainwashed or simply delusional. its time America just kept to ourselves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 7:55 am 

I don't think we're to blame for 9/11,but we could have been more watchful ,and less high and mighty,and possibly caught the guys trying to get on the planes with case cutters!  We never thought it could happen,because we were sitting around taking our freedoms for granted(and maybe slacking off on the baggage checks too).<br>   We have got to get our vigilance up,and not just go to war because Bush wants to get "the guy that almost killed" his father.  That's where he's losing sight of the bigger picture...he ain't John Wayne,and dis ain't World War 2...It's just possibly World War 3! Who wants to start World War 3 for Bush's dad's (almost) assasination?   Line up now to go to the front lines of the FINAL WAR!!!!!   I hope Bush can get his priorities back on track.<br>   That song might just be "Dumb All Over"!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:19 am 

There is nothing in <br>this world sadder than an old<br>Liberal       ==^..^==

l)
l

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:20 am 

Thank You for your thoughtful post.  Here is my relpy, in kind:<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#16 date=09/29/02 at 06:12:34]<br>First of all: i'm not a dope smoker, thank u very much....<br>I am not saying Saddam isn't a thread, yes of course he has nuclear weapons but i don't think he will be using them, because if he does he's in a world of shit and i think he knows that...[/quote]<br>Remember the atrocities against the Kurds in Iraq with Chemical Weapons?  Who would have thunk?<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#16 date=09/29/02 at 06:12:34]<br>It might be a little naive to think this, but it's the way i see it.<br>About the WW 2 thing: the USA didn't participate in it until the Pearl Harbor thing happened, so it always made me wonder what the USA would have done if that didn't happen.<br>Of course they wanted to free US from a potential communist or nazi regime, but i always kinda believed that the USA had they're own little secret hidden agenda when they DID eventually stepped forward in WW2....[/quote]<br>Japan is this way, Europe is the other direction.  Europe asked, we came.  If if wasn't for the Americans, you guys would all be doing goose steps.  We were invited to the dance.  Unfortunately, it coincided with Pearl Harbor.  I don't remember the Dutch and their Valiant efforts against Hitler.  Where were you guys when we needed help in the Pacific?  Mabey you can help me out with this one?  Where did the phrase "Dutch Treat" come from?<br>[quote author=AbnucealEmukaah83 link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#16 date=09/29/02 at 06:12:34]<br>About 9/11: of course it's a sad an traggic thing that so many innocent people had to die that way, but on the other hand, there are thousands of innocent people worldwide who die of wars, starvation and diseases and you hardly ever hear anything about that anymore...<br>And yes i know how fucking ugly the world and it's inhabitants can be.<br>I think about that everyday when i read and hear the news...<br>I would love to see a world without wars, hunger, diseases and all the other useless things we can do without.<br>But that's UTOPIA, and i for one won't live to see that happen, unfortuantely.....And it will never happen, because where there are people, there are problems, so we just have to make the best of our situation as it is.<br>I think i am one of a few people my age in my neigbourhood and my school that think about the state of the world and all the problems on it.<br>Sometimes people say to me that i have to stop thinking/worrying about all that and have fun and enjoy my life like any ''normal'' 19 year old would...<br>So don't give me that ''Typical 19 year old'' bullshit....i mean it's easy for you to sit there and share your thoughts with us, you are in your 40's so you kinda know what to expect of life...<br>I am only 19, in the end what do i know about life and how to live it...<br>I try to make the best of the situation at hand with whatever knowledge i possess after 19 years.<br>I'm sorry i upset you Drool, it was not meant for that.<br>But i can get very pissed lately about that whole Saddam-Terror-Bush thing, that sometimes (like in this forum) i say or write things that i mean on the moment i write them down or say them, but sometimes later on i rethink them, and have to actually DISagree with myself.<br>So next time, i will rethink my thoughts for a couple of minutes before actually posting them, because i am not planning to get into a fight in this forum.<br>That's just a waste of time, there is already enough of that in the real world, so we don't need it here.<br><br>Thanx 4 your time, feel free to comment, so we can maybe talk this thing out....<br><br>Yours truly,<br>The Asshole.........<br>[/quote]<br>Please accept my apology for calling you an "Asshole" in defense of my President.  <br><br>Contrary to popular belief, I'm not out looking for fights.  If I see posts that seem off base, misinformed, or just plain full of it, I feel that I must contribute my two cents in rebuttal.  You are very smart for 19, much more than I was when I was your age.  You certainlly have the capacity to see and seek out the truth, regardless of how uncomfortable it makes you feel, so I encourage you to stay involved in these debates.  We are all growing here, and isn't truth and justice just what FZ was all about?  Imagine how the poor smuck that ended up in FZ's cross-hairs must have felt?  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!<br><br>I like that!<br><br>I can also understand your angst about War.  "19" is the age, after all.  These are nasty jobs ahead of us, but somebody has to do it.  Like the Dangerous Kitchen; Who the fuck wants to clean it?<br><br>Peace!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:41 am 

I can name that song in fourteen articles.  Article Five is my favorite!<br><br>http://www.nato.int/home.htm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:41 am 

[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#22 date=09/29/02 at 11:20:27]<br> If if wasn't for the Americans, you guys would all be doing goose steps.  We were invited to the dance.  Unfortunately, it coincided with Pearl Harbor.  I don't remember the Dutch and their Valiant efforts against Hitler. [/quote] <br><br>Look, this is totally unfair. I, for one, am very grateful that American and Canadian soldiers risked their lives to fight the Nazis in WWII so that we can live in peace here in Holland. But there was an active resistance against Hitler in the Netherlands and many Dutch people risked and gave their own lives to organize strikes, to sabotage German transports and to keep Jewish people hidden from the Nazis. Remember, the Netherlands used to have one of the largest Jewish communities in Western Europe before WWII, but after the Nazi's were defeated, sadly there weren't too many Jews left in Holland. :-(<br><br>But I don't hold a grudge against Germany and the Germans for something that happened over 50 years ago and I've only read about in history books.<br><br>
Quote:
 Where were you guys when we needed help in the Pacific?  Mabey you can help me out with this one?  Where did the phrase "Dutch Treat" come from?
<br><br>May I remind you that Dutch armed forces were sent to the Gulf in '91 and again to Afghanistan last year? So, as small as our country is, we definitely contributed to helping Americans out.<br><br>Just setting the record straight here...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:53 am 

<br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#24 date=09/29/02 at 11:41:59]<br><br> <br><br>Look, this is totally unfair. I, for one, am very grateful that American and Canadian soldiers risked their lives to fight the Nazis in WWII so that we can live in peace here in Holland. But there was an active resistance against Hitler in the Netherlands and many Dutch people risked and gave their own lives to organize strikes, to sabotage German transports and to keep Jewish people hidden from the Nazis. Remember, the Netherlands used to have one of the largest Jewish communities in Western Europe before WWII, but after the Nazi's were defeated, sadly there weren't too many Jews left in Holland. :-(<br>[/quote]<br>I was wrong to dismiss the brave and courageous Dutch brothers and sisters who gave their lives fighting tyranny.<br>[quote author=Studebaker link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#24 date=09/29/02 at 11:41:59]<br><br>But I don't hold a grudge against Germany and the Germans for something that happened over 50 years ago and I've only read about in history books.<br><br><br>May I remind you that Dutch armed forces were sent to the Gulf in '91 and again to Afghanistan last year? So, as small as our country is, we definitely contributed to helping Americans out.<br><br>Just setting the record straight here...<br>[/quote]<br>Being a NATO member compelled those involvements.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:04 am 

<br>[quote author=gregk link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#19 date=09/29/02 at 10:11:46]<br>sorry, I don't want to offend or sound like a lunatic but people who blame the US for sept 11 are either completely brainwashed or simply delusional. its time America just kept to ourselves<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't think the US were 'to blame' for 9/11 as such but the people who perpetrated these acts must have been pretty pissed off at you for something.  I don't think it was something you would do lightly and foreign policy past and present must have contributed to it in someway.   I don't condone these acts and I do think that the Taliban got exactly what they deserved.  But foreign policy has to be examined as a contributing factor.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:07 am 

[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#25 date=09/29/02 at 11:53:46]<br>Being a NATO member compelled those involvements.<br>[/quote] <br><br>That is true, but that doesn't change the fact that European countries have done their part to help the Americans out, although I sincerely believe that fighting international terrorism is in the best interest of both America and Europe.