Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: zappa's song to bush
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:26 am 

<br>[quote author=gregk link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#17 date=09/29/02 at 06:56:15]<br>everyone loves to trash the US until they need us, then they kiss our powerful ass until we fix the problem, then they bitch about us once we leave. i, for one, would love to say screw you to the rest of the world and let all the "lesser" countries simply rot in their own ignorance<br>[/quote]<br><br>   This exactly the sort of stupid fucking attitude that I hate. Why are these other countries lesser? All you care about is your own ends.  As long as you are rich happy and fat that is ok.  You'll do as you please and screw international law because your above it all.  You'll continue doin' us up the arse and not even have the good grace to give us a reach around.<br>   Ok I have now calmed down and I must point out that America does have a lot of good points they did contribute hugely to the winning of WW2.  But there are also a lot of bad points, same as in my country or anyother.  Most of what I said up their was simply angry nonsense and I hope that what you said was too but you really can't go making ignorant statements like that without some form of retribution now can you.  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:03 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#28 date=09/29/02 at 12:26:17]<br><br><br>   This exactly the sort of stupid fucking attitude that I hate. Why are these other countries lesser? All you care about is your own ends.  As long as you are rich happy and fat that is ok.  You'll do as you please and screw international law because your above it all.  You'll continue doin' us up the arse and not even have the good grace to give us a reach around.<br>   Ok I have now calmed down and I must point out that America does have a lot of good points they did contribute hugely to the winning of WW2.  But there are also a lot of bad points, same as in my country or anyother.  Most of what I said up their was simply angry nonsense and I hope that what you said was too but you really can't go making ignorant statements like that without some form of retribution now can you.  <br>[/quote]<br>And what country did you say you were from?  Care to join NATO?  be sure you read Article Five carefully before signing on the dotted line.  <br><br>Let's keep our eye on the ball folks.  This is a War Against Terrorism and All That Support It!  Saddam supports Terrorism and has some Really Fucked Up Weapons!  He's gotta go!<br><br>Belly up to the bar my brothers!  It's going to be a long night!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:22 am 

<br>[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#29 date=09/29/02 at 13:03:07]<br><br><br>Al Qaida hates America because of America's system of government, which allows for a plurality of political opinion, religious freedom and human rights for women. The idea that any opinion diverging from Koranic law is allowable under any governmental system in the world is foreign to the brand of radical Islam perpetrated by the Muslim mullahs and clerics who are actively plotting the destruction of America, Israel, Turkey, India, Russia...and all of Europe.<br><br>America has female senators and congresspersons. Israel and India have had female prime ministers. In Turkey and Russia, women can walk the streets with their faces uncovered without reprisals. <br><br>In Afghanistan, just shortly after the giddy days of the first stages of the country's liberation, some rogue Taliban members attacked a bus, killing every man who had shaved his beard and cutting off the nose of every woman who wasn't wearing a burka.<br><br>This act, my friend, has NOTHING TO DO WITH AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY. This act is significant in that it shows the mindset of one branch of radical Islam: IF YOU DON'T OBEY KORANIC LAW AND THE EDICTS OF THE MULLAHS, WE WILL KILL OR DISFIGURE/DISMEMBER YOU.<br><br>America was attacked because it's radical Islam's primary enemy. As long as America is standing, the perpetrators of radical Islam have no chance of imposing their sick, perverted, twisted will on the rest of the world.<br><br>The entire world should be screaming about Saddam's human rights abuses (he killed his own people with gas, remember?) and heeding the warnings of Bush and Blair regarding his ties to radical Islamic terrorists, his ability to manufacture nukes and his acquisition of long range missiles capable of delivering chemical/biological warheads; instead, it looks like over half the population of western Europe wants to go into APPEASEMENT MODE. Remember what happened the last time Europe held up and waved its appeasement flag? Well? Do ya?<br><br>Anyone holding the U.S. responsible in any way for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon by these sick sons-of-bitches is an enabling, codependent coward...and a rotting corpse's asshole to boot.<br>[/quote]<br>Bravo, Mattie!  Mabey you DO know what you're talking about?<br><br>Well Done, my friend!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:24 am 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#30 date=09/29/02 at 13:03:20]<br><br>And what country did you say you were from?  Care to join NATO?  be sure you read Article Five carefully before signing on the dotted line.  <br><br>Let's keep our eye on the ball folks.  This is a War Against Terrorism and All That Support It!  Saddam supports Terrorism and has some Really Fucked Up Weapons!  He's gotta go!<br><br>Belly up to the bar my brothers!  It's going to be a long night!<br>[/quote]<br><br>  I am from England and i am not entirely sure what you are getting at with this NATO nonsense as America seems to be only reluctantly a part of the rest of the world Kyoto (spelling?) agreement etc etc.<br>  Let's not play the old Sadam is a bad man and must go card as we all know and accept this already.  I don't want to see 9/11 used as an excuse to extend an empire.<br>  The priority should be the welfare of the Iraqy people not the oil reserve and not these weopons that he couldn't possibly fire at us.  Though I am sure he is working on it.  I would only support this war if the UN does too.  If they don't then I am affraid that the US, the UK and whoever else are breaking the law, simple as that.    <br>  George bush is frighteningly stupid.  Or should that be Gorg Brushe premident of the unitslates  with his war on teramamasim.<br>  Another thing is I am not anti-american I just think that they need to listen to the rest of the world every now and then.  My last post was an angry one before you quote it at me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:57 am 

<br>[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#32 date=09/29/02 at 13:24:53]<br><br><br>  I am from England and i am not entirely sure what you are getting at with this NATO nonsense as America seems to be only reluctantly a part of the rest of the world Kyoto (spelling?) agreement etc etc.<br>[/quote]<br>Apples and Oranges.  Kyoto is all about nine types of industrial polution.  NATO is about watching each others back and standing shoulder to shoulder in the event of an attack on one of it's members.<br>[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#32 date=09/29/02 at 13:24:53]<br>  Let's not play the old Sadam is a bad man and must go card as we all know and accept this already.  I don't want to see 9/11 used as an excuse to extend an empire.<br>[/quote]<br>As an English speaking member of a Free Society, please tell me which part of "our empire" don't you like.  Are you an English expatriate living in Iraq?<br>[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#32 date=09/29/02 at 13:24:53]<br>The priority should be the welfare of the Iraqy people not the oil reserve and not these weopons that he couldn't possibly fire at us.  Though I am sure he is working on it.  I would only support this war if the UN does too.  If they don't then I am affraid that the US, the UK and whoever else are breaking the law, simple as that. <br>[/quote] <br>I agree that the welfare of the Iraqi people should be paramount!  Hearts and Minds!  Without that, failure is assured. <br>[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#32 date=09/29/02 at 13:24:53]<br>  George bush is frighteningly stupid.  Or should that be Gorg Brushe premident of the unitslates  with his war on teramamasim.<br>  Another thing is I am not anti-american I just think that they need to listen to the rest of the world every now and then.  My last post was an angry one before you quote it at me.<br>[/quote]<br>Stupid people don't get elected for President this country, only scary people do.  And when people get scared and don't know exactly what to do about it, shit gets flung everywhere in splendid mammalian fashion.  <br><br>I did enjoy your play on words; Very Clever.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:24 am 

:P Bomb the Iraqi desert with dollars instead. 500 billion $ would bring the population so much wealth that they could make a revolt against the leaders in Bagdad. They would start demanding freedom , to travel, and to be able to import goods from the outside world. Saddam would have to leave his throne in 4 month. It`s cheaper than supporting the western weapon industry and are a much more efficient than ordinary bombing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:12 am 

[quote author=Fat_Technition link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=15#28 date=09/29/02 at 12:26:17]<br>   This exactly the sort of stupid fucking attitude that I hate. Why are these other countries lesser? All you care about is your own ends.  As long as you are rich happy and fat that is ok.  You'll do as you please and screw international law because your above it all.  You'll continue doin' us up the arse and not even have the good grace to give us a reach around.<br>[/quote]<br><br>As an American, I agree.  This idea that so many Americans hold that we're so much more enlightened than everyone else in the world makes me sick.  "Lesser countries"... Jesus Christ.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:30 am 

<br>[quote author=Mattie_Told_Hattie link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#40 date=09/30/02 at 10:23:27]<br>Awww, You're just mad that you have to live in Birmingham.<br>[/quote]<br><br>How dare you point out the truth like that!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:16 pm 

<br>[quote author=drooling_savant link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#34 date=09/29/02 at 13:57:08]<br>Stupid people don't get elected for President this country...[sic]<br>[/quote]<br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:56 pm 

Re: Toricelli spew:<br><br>   Ahh .. to be a Democrat. The mantra is dragged out again, kicking and screaming, "Morality is defined by your positions on the issues, not on your behaviour." <br>       How fucked are we as a society when neary 50% of the sheep go along with that twisted logic? In the same speech where he said Forrester wasn't worthy of the Senate because of """HIS POSITIONS ON THE ISSUES"""  ( excuse me while I fucking puke my fucking lunch and fucking dinner on my fucking lap) he asked "Why are we such an unforgiving society?" THis ASSHOLE was FUCKING CrYING!!!!<br>  If you people don't fucking grow up REAL SOON, feel good liberals will lead us into fucking RRRRUUUIIINNNNN. <br>        

l)
l

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:04 pm 

<br>[quote author=L_Jon_Hubbub link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=30#42 date=09/30/02 at 17:16:26]<br><br>Image<br>[/quote]<br>I'm guessing you're correcting my grammar?  Now for the benifit of the rest, here are my comments in context.<br><br>"Stupid people don't get elected for President in this country, only scary people do.  And when people get scared and don't know exactly what to do about it, shit gets flung everywhere in splendid mammalian fashion."<br><br>Ooo-oo-ooo-hubbub!  <br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:30 am 

a bunch of dust puffed up....<br>WAR IS CRAP,<br>NATIONALISM IS CRAP<br>RELIGION IS CRAP... so what?<br>Whoooo are the world police..?<br><br>Foiss` of all: I am a German. We germans are thankful and faithful to the US. No doubt. I creid when I watched TV on 9/11 01. I couln´t believ eit, I stille can`t. The people! The proud buildings, this great city!!!<br>Without the US there was not French Revolution in 1789 and probably no democratic movement in Europe. But again, funny enough, all the philosophical ideas and political movements came from here, but they couldn`t have been realized here in the "old world". Like Frank said in TRFZBook: "everything in Ameriaca is stolen from somewhere else" (even nationalism). That only goes to show you: we`re in this world together!<br>Being against Terrorism or radical stupid religious fanatics is a logical free minded thing to me.<br>But fucking up a country for a bunch of assholes (or rent a nice french bomb to poof them out of existence!) is another. That`s the problem with this kind of black/white thinking. It´s OUR OWN right to criticize and improve our democratic system, not the right of radical moslems! But, if we say this, we just can`t go around blowing up ohter systems if we feel upset. It was not Afghanistan which blew the WTC, it is not Iraq who is killing people in our lands (it`s us).   <br>I may sound like a typical European, but, there are subtle truths in between. That`t what FZ music and comments were about. I feel FZ wouldn´t have been for the war in Iraq. He wasn`t in ´91. He made fun of George senior, and I don`t see why he shouldn´t do so with George W.  FZ was a critic on american society, especially the government and their supporters. He also wouldn`t join Barbara Streisands bunch, but he said similar things in the seventeis and eighties: The interest behind every doing is power, and in a democracy power comes from votes. How you get votes? You plan to blow up your enemy to make the people feel secure. Got no enemy? Luckily this never happens. The Nazis though they had: jews and communists. Democrats thought they had: communists. The communists thought they had: the West. Radical Moslems think they have: the West (basically the US). Europe doesn`t have one anymore. But we relearn to create such an enemy these days. Today it`s  Sadam, tomorrow? Europe and the US belong together in a way. But, what many Europeans are fucked with is, the US play the leader: either be with or against us! How dare they?! Obeying is not the answer....   <br>I AM NOT SAYING that Sadam is NOT a crazy asshole who should be blown away! He must. But those countries have a right to be informed, to solve their problems on their own. Just as Germany, all of Europe AND the US too. They all have got a lot of own problems in their countries. And again: that is what FZ was saying. <br><br>I say all of this because this is an FZ Forum and this topic on a Buch song has drifted a bit aside. <br><br>music is the best, <br>Zliq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:10 am 

<br>[quote author=zliq link=board=rant&num=1033092797&start=45#45 date=10/02/02 at 07:30:34]<br>a bunch of dust puffed up....<br>WAR IS CRAP,<br>NATIONALISM IS CRAP<br>RELIGION IS CRAP... so what?<br>Whoooo are the world police..?<br><br>Foiss` of all: I am a German. We germans are thankful and faithful to the US. No doubt. I creid when I watched TV on 9/11 01. I couln´t believ eit, I stille can`t. The people! The proud buildings, this great city!!!<br>Without the US there was not French Revolution in 1789 and probably no democratic movement in Europe. But again, funny enough, all the philosophical ideas and political movements came from here, but they couldn`t have been realized here in the "old world". Like Frank said in TRFZBook: "everything in Ameriaca is stolen from somewhere else" (even nationalism). That only goes to show you: we`re in this world together!<br>Being against Terrorism or radical stupid religious fanatics is a logical free minded thing to me.<br>But fucking up a country for a bunch of assholes (or rent a nice french bomb to poof them out of existence!) is another. That`s the problem with this kind of black/white thinking. It´s OUR OWN right to criticize and improve our democratic system, not the right of radical moslems! But, if we say this, we just can`t go around blowing up ohter systems if we feel upset. It was not Afghanistan which blew the WTC, it is not Iraq who is killing people in our lands (it`s us).   <br>I may sound like a typical European, but, there are subtle truths in between. That`t what FZ music and comments were about. I feel FZ wouldn´t have been for the war in Iraq. He wasn`t in ´91. He made fun of George senior, and I don`t see why he shouldn´t do so with George W.  FZ was a critic on american society, especially the government and their supporters. He also wouldn`t join Barbara Streisands bunch, but he said similar things in the seventeis and eighties: The interest behind every doing is power, and in a democracy power comes from votes. How you get votes? You plan to blow up your enemy to make the people feel secure. Got no enemy? Luckily this never happens. The Nazis though they had: jews and communists. Democrats thought they had: communists. The communists thought they had: the West. Radical Moslems think they have: the West (basically the US). Europe doesn`t have one anymore. But we relearn to create such an enemy these days. Today it`s  Sadam, tomorrow? Europe and the US belong together in a way. But, what many Europeans are fucked with is, the US play the leader: either be with or against us! How dare they?! Obeying is not the answer....   <br>I AM NOT SAYING that Sadam is NOT a crazy asshole who should be blown away! He must. But those countries have a right to be informed, to solve their problems on their own. Just as Germany, all of Europe AND the US too. They all have got a lot of own problems in their countries. And again: that is what FZ was saying. <br><br>I say all of this because this is an FZ Forum and this topic on a Buch song has drifted a bit aside. <br><br>music is the best, <br>Zliq<br>[/quote]<br><br>Nice one Zliq...<br>I couldn't have agreed more with you.<br>In the end of the day, we all have to stick together and help<br>eachother instead of blowing eachother to bits for such stupid reasons as money, religion, culture, land and all the other stupid things that we have been fighting about ever since we walked and crawled the face of the earth.<br>We really DO need peace and love and understanding...<br>Unfortunately, a part of this worlds inhabitants are so ''blinded'' by their own ideas and ideaology that in order to live by them and fulfill them, they refuse to think or see otherwise thus causing all kinds of (potential) dangerous situations and so forth...<br><br>I mean, how ''institutionalised'' can one be by his or hers (mostly religious) ideas, views and ideaology that they are willing to fly them selves in to a building like WTC ???<br>It's either this, or maybe it's some sick-ass cry for help...<br><br>Peace Love Understanding....<br><br>Abnuceal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:54 am 

I read you all. I was just wondering how Frank would have feel to see so many of his fans being pro-Bush on this site ? Just my 2cents, really...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:34 am 

Isn´t it great when intelligent people discuss these things construtively here in this forum. I haven´t read too many idiotic comments here (for ex. "f**ck off you mutaf**a). I quess Zappa´s music makes people use their brains. What a pleasant quality in music that is!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:47 am 

So now where does this question stand in the crazy world of 2003?  Now that we are "democratic freedom fighters"(sounds like the 80's) Regime change leaders, and other assorted terms pending on ones position here, now, ya know, post war..........

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:44 am 

ok i scrolled through the whole topic just to say this:<br><br>George had bad grades in his school, about b+ but still since hes dad was the former bush he got to get into a high school anyway.<br><br>Also what will happen now in iraq after saddam? Are the americans aware that the talibans are back into afghanistan again? are they aware that israel have more weapons of mass destruction than any country and have broken about 65 UN resolution and Iraq only 17?<br><br>who knows? ::)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>