Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:26 pm 

ok , as some will guess ( not many , but some at least - in fact perhaps not any , but who really cares anyway ) ? this is a thread regarding the great ELVIS COSTELLO.<br><br>i just plonked an old ELVIS COSTELLO lp on the turntable - it was the one called MY AIM IS TRUE - what an album , what a great singer songwriter old mr. costello was / is , its got phil specter effects on it not to mention the wonderful song ALISON  which always reminds me of my first gals arse ( the one i lost my virginity too ) - oh how firm they where 17 years ago ( 17 year old gals butts that is, as opposed to 30 something gals butts ) .<br><br>anyway , just playin this lp reminds me of just how good COSTELLO was - i managed to aquire all his lps in one fell swoop second hand when i was at school - he never made a dud lp ! amazing. <br><br>who else digs ELVIS COSTELLO - tell all <br><br>mungo<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:17 am 

One of my favorite songs is ECs (Whats so funny'Bout)Peace Love & Understanding. I heard him doing a stripped down acostic verison of it once it was amazing. And he's Irish too.

Watercress-Errrr Micheal J Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:16 am 

yep arkay those are the ones i dig too and i must admit i never took to the other stuff much ; when i said he never made a duff lp last night i have to admit to having consumed a few beverages and was a bit excited to have " rediscoverd " EC after years of neglect - its a bank holiday here today see - no work , however - <br><br>i have seen elvis do a solo acoustic set bout 10 years ago and he can sure hold his own on stage with just a a guitar and harmonica and play all the old attractions stuff brilliantly - hes a talented guy indeed. <br><br>i also saw NICK LOW at that gig - hes an old mate of costellos and can play a mean tune himself, remember - I LOVE THE SOUND OF BREAKING GLASS ? what was that pub rock band nick low was in ? <br><br>yes, a londoner of irish extraction , his real name is DECLAN McMANUS i think. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:22 am 

nice dance willi though you should have seen the manouvers i was pullin off last night to that lp - <br><br>this was / is supposed to be a dancin thread as well as an EC thread btw<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:51 pm 

the name will come to me white - hows your ankle btw - a little bird told me you broke it and how did it happen - dancin ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:51 pm 

thats it -  BRINDSLEY SCHWARTZ, never occured to me to do a search and i dont know any of their stuff - i just know the name and their status as a legendary PUB ROCK outfit , an entertainment phenomona once popular in the uk years ago, now unfortunatly ousted by crappy blaring rave music whose fans wear their DINKY shirts hangin out and drink alcohol laced sugar pop baby juice.  <br><br>i only ever broke my nose , twice , oh and my thumb - but i cant reveal how i broke the thumb, ill leave that to yer imagination.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:51 am 

hey i liked EC up until Blood and Chocolate ,the stuff with the attractions is great. A good songwritter too Delcan was . getting mighty crowded is a great tune.Wish id seen his tour with the wheel ,where he had people in the audience come up and spin a wheel to see what song they would play next, sounds like a fun live show.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 9:55 am 

I like Armed Forces a lot; the bass lines remind me of Jack Casady.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF