Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:14 am 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:29 pm 

Keeping it going at their age,I feel has more to do with great drugs and loads of cash for the tour(I feel)...I'm sorry,I just can't look at corpses rockin' out.   Not seeing them 'n' just hearing rockin' corpses is better for me!<br>I just can't look at Keef!<br>Almost as bad as Michael Jackson...just a more "natural" state.<br>Let 'em do albums and no concerts,'tll they sell their soul like Dick Clark!Now he never ages! ;D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:28 pm 

The Stones were a great band ,helping to turn so many onto the blues. Well id like to think theyd pack it in ,they sure dont need the money. But hey we all need a hobbyand to put it out at the age they are and all the drugs theyve done is something ,proves the dead can walk . go keith<br>

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 6:00 pm 

The Stones are fantastic. Though most of the music that I tend to listen to on a regular basis tends to be Frank Zappa/Anthony Braxton/Ornette Coleman/Cecil Taylor/Captain Beefheart/Wild Man Fischer/Black Sabbath/Lou Reed/David Bowie/Velvet Underground, I STILL love the Stones. Keith Richards and Charlie Watts are definitely the roots of the band, although Mick is also irreplaceable. At this point, in their grand old ages, the only substitute they could make and still hope to maintain their credibility is changing Ron Wood for Mick Taylor, since the latter was a “real” member. In an age in which most of their contemporaries are either defunct (i.e. Beatles) or a “ghost band” (i.e. The Who), it is great to see the Stones keep bringing the music and accompanying concert spectacle to the masses, even if it is for ridiculous prices. I hope Keith is still dragging his skeleton onto the stage and breaking out the riffs twenty years from now. Will it be ugly? Yes. Will it sound/feel good? Yes. <br><br>Martini