Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:22 am 

Somewhere else the riff of Eat that question (on Grand Wazoo) was brought up. Finally.<br><br>I think this riff is SO great that it deserves its own thread. IMO, it is probably the best riff ever, by anyone... The overall song is so great too. One of my favourite Zappa-songs. <br><br>The question for this thread is: <br>But WHAT question exactly should we eat?<br><br>Shoot!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:08 am 

i bought a Crybaby Wah pedal just so i could play this.  i've spent days playing along with this track over and over.  pure bliss.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:37 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=rant;num=1038068532;start=0#0 date=11/23/02 at 08:22:11]Somewhere else the riff of Eat that question (on Grand Wazoo) was brought up. Finally.<br><br>I think this riff is SO great that it deserves its own thread. IMO, it is probably the best riff ever, by anyone... The overall song is so great too. One of my favourite Zappa-songs. <br><br>The question for this thread is: <br>But WHAT question exactly should we eat?<br><br>Shoot![/quote]<br>Would you like a snack?<br><br>Didja get any onya?<br><br>Would you like some more-uh?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:40 pm 

One of my favorites too. The Muffin Men do a great live version of "Eat that Question'. More than makes up for their butchering of "Love of my life'!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:31 pm 

I red somehere that the original title was "Eat That Christian".  It was propably too tricky to release it under that name, so I guess they changed it to "Eat That question".  You got to admit, it almost sounds the same.  How about that!  Zappa supporting cannabalism or did he just try to upset them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:17 pm 

[quote author=Dolphy link=board=rant;num=1038068532;start=0#5 date=12/10/02 at 14:31:12]I red somehere that the original title was "Eat That Christian".  It was propably too tricky to release it under that name, so I guess they changed it to "Eat That question".  You got to admit, it almost sounds the same.  How about that!  Zappa supporting cannabalism or did he just try to upset them?[/quote]<br><br>"Questions" were characters in the storyline. If I'm not mistaken, they were the peasants who were drafted into the musician army. But FZ might have called the christians "questions" in the first place. Maybe I should review the story to make sure.<br>

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:55 pm 

took 2 weeks to learn on guitar, crank the volume, loop

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:01 am 

I really like the beginning of George's solo.<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 6:12 pm 

Very jamable riff like Apostrophy and Handsome Cabin Boy.  <br><br>I love that riff more than I love taffy, ... and i'm a man who enjoys his taffy.   <br><br>mmmmhh

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:11 am 

;D<br><br>we should eat BORN AGAIN QUESTIONS!!!!!<br><br>DO DO DEEDAH DAH,DAH DATTA DAH DAH DAH, DAH DAH DAH DO DAH DAH DO DEE DAH DO DEE DAH DO! 8)