Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:08 pm 

I'm here to shamlessly promote my show.  ;D<br>It's going to kick serious ass.<br><br>I'm a member of the Paul Green School of Rock Music. It's a whole group of the most talented kid musicians in Philly. We've been in SPIN magazine, and countless other places. We're doing a Tribute to Frank Zappa, January 24th and 25th at 8PM at Indre Studios. Tickets are $7 and theyre selling out fast. <br> <br>www.indrestudios.com for directions <br> <br>Eric <br>P.S. - We do flawless versions of "Uncle Meat", "King Kong", and "City of Tiny Lites". Check it out everyone. Tell your friends. <br>P.P.S - And yes, not only am I playing drums in the show, but i also play marimba and other percussion, a rarity in Zappa cover bands.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:41 pm 

In Philidelphia?<br><br>I'm no where near there.  Think there is a way for me to see or hear your performance?<br><br>Tape a copy from the sound board and send it to me!<br><br>See the FAQ section of this website, there's info on performing Zappa's music there.<br>                                            <br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:58 am 

I'm going to have mp3's of the whole show up on Super Bowl Sunday for your listening pleasure.<br><br>Eric

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:35 pm 

Great news just came in today...<br>In Philadelphia, we're opening up for Project Object on March 29th at the Trocadero.<br><br>More info soon...<br><br>Eric

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:38 pm 

The gig was just confirmed...I saw Project/Object at the TLA in September too! That's where Paul and I got the idea to open up for them. We finally convinced the owner of the Troc to let us open up for them. I, myself, play drums and marimba. People say I play a lot like a mixture between Chester and Terry, so I'm happy about that. I've been playing since I was 2.  :) My sister is probably the best female bass player who has ever lived. SHE IS AMAZING. Come to the show, please.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:23 am 

Can i have your sisters number?

Watercress-Errrr Micheal J Fox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 5:33 pm 

Hello all,<br>I'm new to this board.  My name is Mike and I'm also a student a Rock School (hey Eric!).  I'm one of the two other drummers in the Zappa show.  I was so psyched to play last night, as it was one of the 4 or 5 best music-related moments in my life.  I hope someone managed a recording of our performance (or better yet, a video!!).  I am not one to praise my own performance, as I'm really hard on myself, but last night was one of my best performances.  I was truely proud of my achievement, as well as everyone else's who is part of Rock School.  I'd love to hear other Zappa fans' comments on our performance, and I'd love to promote our efforts.  Feel free to email me and I can send more mp3s than what is posted on our website as well as any future plans as I hear of them.  Thanks for all the support we've received so far and I thank everyone for continuing the musical tradition that FZ started 40 years ago.<br><br>Peace,<br>Mike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:12 am 

I'd be the dude on the right--I played on Peaches en Regalia, Zoot Allures and Montana.  Any more pics of me?? :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:59 am 

Hey-Paul Green from the School of Rock here. <br><br>I just want to thank Andre and the boys for an awesome opportunity. Ike and Napolean where AMAZING with the kids. Gentlemen and Geniuses all.<br><br>Those guys left 24 kids floating with joy all weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:41 pm 

Here's a setlist for both us and P/O from that nite:<br><br>Paul Green School of Rock Music:<br> <br>> stinkfoot><br>> uncle meat<br>> andy<br>> zomby woof<br>> village of the sun<br>> magic fingers<br>> peaches en regalia<br>> zoot allures><br>> drum solo><br>> montana><br>> pound for a brown<br>> king kong><br>> drum solo # 2><br>> city of tiny lights<br><br>P/O:<br>> don preston's keyboard improvisations<br>> sinister footwear<br>> andy<br>> can't afford no shoes<br>> call any vegetable<br>> hungry freaks daddy><br>> you're probably wondering why i'm here<br>> big swifty<br>> go cry on somebody else's shoulder<br>> black napkins<br>> cosmic debris<br>> san 'berdino<br>> <br>> Set Two/ Disc Two:<br>> excentrifugul forz<br>> apostrophe ( ' )<br>> i can't believe you are such a fool<br>> more trouble everyday<br>> canard toujours<br>> idiot bastard son<br>> village of the sun<br>> echidina's arf (of you)<br>> muffin man<br>> i am the slime<br><br>Again everyone, thanks for the amazing support we've received and we hope to see many of you at future performances.  Thanks again white person for the pics and generosity!<br><br>Mike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:11 pm 

WOW! Congratulations on what you all have going with your band. <br><br>There are two circumstances I regret about being a musician at your age:<br>1) Not having any other players around me who wanted to tackle the Zappa stuff<br>2) Camcorders weren't around, so I have no videos of ANYTHING from that time<br><br>Looks like you've got #1 happening full blast. Make sure you don't overlook #2. It's so easy to make videos now, tapes are cheap, and you'll never regret filming every show you can. Even if you just put a camcorder on a tripod by the sound guy and let it run. Be sure to write the date on them, too. Time passes fast, and while "you should be diggin' it while it's happening", it will be really cool to capture this stuff for future enjoyment. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:59 am 

Here's another dude who saw the Philly show!  Just wanted to jump in here and give a big, double THUMBS UP for a great performance.  <br><br>You guys played perfectly...I'd love to see the show again! <br><br>-greg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 am 

Hello, and for those interested, the same show written about here will once again be at the Trocadero, Tuesday April 15th, 9pm. It is not all ages (21+), but the cover is only $5 <br><br>We will be playing more material and it should be a good time for all. <br><br>Hope to see you there.<br><br>Paul Green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:30 am 

Alright everybody,<br>I'm here to shamelessly promote my show tonight.<br><br>Closing Night of The Philly Film Fest<br>Paul Green School of Rock Music w/ Animus<br>The Trocadero, April 15th, 9PM<br>The show is 21+, so that means no younguns!<br><br>We're playing Zappa again, ya can't miss it!<br><br>Eric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:27 pm 

[quote author=Poundforabrown87 link=board=rant;num=1042949281;start=15#23 date=04/15/03 at 06:30:18]Alright everybody,<br><br>Paul Green School of Rock Music <br>The Trocadero, April 15th, 9PM<br>[/quote]<br><br>WAITING .. . . . .  FOR .........  WHITEY'S .. . . . ..  PICTURES<br>Image<br>WAITING .. . . .  .  FOR ... . . .  . WHITEY'S ........  PICTURES

l)
l