Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Relevant Quotes (non-FZ)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:26 pm 

The present-day composer refuses to die!<br>                            -Edgard Varese<br><br>The very basis of creative work is irreverance!<br>                            -Edgard Varese<br><br>Music should not be normal, well-bred, with it's tie all neat.<br>                            -Gyorgy Ligeti<br><br>Friends help you move. REAL friends help you move bodies.<br>                            -Unknown<br><br>I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.<br>                            -Unknown

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:27 am 

When the going gets weird  the weird turn pro.<br>  - Raoul Duke<br><br>Life is like the ladder in a henhouse. Short and covered with shit.<br>  -A german saying according to Eugene Chadbourne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:05 pm 

I was just thinking of Zappas film work 8)<br><br>'A film should have a beginning, a middle and an end. Not nessacarily in that order.'<br>Jean-Luc Goddard.<br><br>(Sorry about the spelling.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:12 am 

What I'm after is a majestic visual experience.<br><br>                        -Stanley Kubrick, on the filming of 2001: A Space Odyssey<br><br><br>The above quote is hereby dedicated to jimmie d, for consistently providing us with same. Yeah, MAJESTIC.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:46 pm 

One for work :<br><br>We train hard...but every time we were beginning to form up into teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life we would meet any new situation by reorganizing...and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing inefficiency and demoralization." <br><br>- Petronius 66 A.D<br> <br>Just like what happens in my workplace!!!<br>;D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:08 pm 

God, it's God, I see God!<br>                -Eric Clapton

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:56 pm 

[center][img width=318 height=216]http://www.jollyranchers.org/images/BurrowsQuote.jpg[/img][/center]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:28 pm 

If you think you hear a flower, it's a flower that you heard.<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:23 am 

'' This is a song about rectal watersports.<br>   If that doesn't give you a hard on, nothing will...''<br><br>James Maynard Keenan's introduction to the song ''Aenema'' during a TOOL concert in Portland sometime in 1996

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:50 am 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=rant;num=1041661590;start=0#7 date=01/07/03 at 18:08:47]God, it's God, I see God!<br>                -Eric Clapton[/quote]<br>WAS THAT THE PART ERIC CLAPTON DID ON WOIIFTM?<br><br>OH MY GOD - I USED TO LIKE THAT PART VERY VERY MUCH, BUT NOW, KNOWING IT IS CLAPTON, YEEZ, I DUNNO ANYMORE - IT ALL OF A SUDDEN SEEMS SO BOURGEOIS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:08 pm 

I do not care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. <br>- Groucho Marx (1890-1977)<br><br>I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn’t it. <br>- Groucho Marx<br><br>Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people <br>- P.T. Barnum<br><br>Women: can’t live with ’em... Can’t shoot ’em. <br>- David Addison<br><br>There’s nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself. <br>- Johann Sebastian Bach<br><br>Committee: a group of men who keep minutes and waste hours. <br>- Milton Berle<br><br>Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it. <br>- Tallulah Bankhead <br><br>The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough. <br>- William Blake<br><br>Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. <br>- Clive Barker<br><br>An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field. <br>- Niels Bohr<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:12 pm 

[quote author=bb link=board=rant;num=1041661590;start=0#11 date=06/12/03 at 12:50:29]<br>WAS THAT THE PART ERIC CLAPTON DID ON WOIIFTM?<br><br>OH MY GOD - I USED TO LIKE THAT PART VERY VERY MUCH, BUT NOW, KNOWING IT IS CLAPTON, YEEZ, I DUNNO ANYMORE - IT ALL OF A SUDDEN SEEMS SO BOURGEOIS![/quote]<br><br>Twas he, beebs. Considering Clapton's "Godlike" status with Cream at the time, I actually find it to be quite amusing. <br>

>You don't.