Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Forum Diary
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:49 am 

Dear Frank,<br><br>whitey hasn't been around in a week and a half...could there be a problem? I think he's avoiding me. My gift to him was sent back, marked "Return To Sender"...I don't understand...it took me a long time to save up to buy him that mustard...>bitter disappointment<...<br><br>Nooms has been pretty scarce too...no posts since June 24th...I'm starting to worry...maybe its a conspiracy...Nooms and whitey...but I won't panic just yet...Note to self:  private message MentalToss to see what he thinks about "conspiracy theory"...<br><br>Speaking of Mental...he really thinks I'm kidding about my family showing up at his front door wearing lederhosen...he's got a BIG SURPRISE comin to him, LOL!  ;D...maybe I should call him once we hit Vegas...you know, to soften the blow...<br><br>Tried AGAIN today to say "mandelbrotblot" fives times fast...FAILED MISERABLY!! >:(...DAMN! ...will this torture never end??<br><br>As always,<br><br>jar<br><br>

>You don't.

Post subject: Re: Forum Diary
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:40 am 

Dear Frank,<br><br>OMG, I can't believe it!! Arkay has agreed to swap CD's with me!! Finally, at long last, phase one of my plan is complete! Now, after all this waiting, I can begin implementation of phase two:  Arkay and I swap boxer shorts!!  <br><br>Must proceed slowly and gently...be patient...don't blow it...<br><br>tingling with excitement,<br><br>jar

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:46 pm 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=rant;num=1057088987;start=0#0 date=07/01/03 at 12:49:46]Dear Frank,<br><br>whitey hasn't been around in a week and a half...could there be a problem? I think he's avoiding me.[/quote]<br><br>Hey...I noticed that milimalimalou hasn't been in the Forum recently and, when I just checked to see when she last posted, it was June 19th...approximately "a week and a half"!  Could it be...mili + whitey...?   ;)  Or does this post belong on the "Society Pages"?   :)<br><br>Seriously...does anyone know where my Sister Mili went?   :(<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

Post subject: re: forum diary
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:19 pm 

gypsydream wrote:
...last posted, it was June 19th...approximately "a week and a half"!  Could it be...mili + whitey...
sebastiaan wrote:
anarchy tonight
7 Guests, 15 Users<br>Sebastiaan, Lets_Be_Fraynk, SonOfWillieThePimp, knepo, mr_myxyltpyx, Homsar, LumpyGravy, sleeping_in_a_jar, swiftkicknow, MentalTossFlycoon, Arkay, milimalimalou, Dr.Including, sabrina2, francie_brady

m3 logged-in a couple of nights ago

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:54 pm 

Yup, holiday time it is.<br><br>I'll be away in july-august for a time, abut 4 weeks. Just don't just miss me ;D<br><br>.....<br><br>No, wait. You won't since noone knows I'm here ::) <br><br>ah, ok. Well, ignore the facts ;)<br><br> -/dr_grogg<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:50 am 

Dear Frank,<br><br>I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have a growing suspicion that Sabrina and Sabrina2 are the same person...should I confront her?...should I tell the others?...what would they think?...would they think I'm a rat?...a snitch?...or would they be proud?...I so want to make them proud of me...what should I do? <br><br>Note to self:  Send customary "Welcome to the Forum" greeting to newbie "Mr Confusion"...<br><br>as always,<br><br>jar

>You don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:36 am 

[quote author=GypsyDream link=board=rant;num=1057088987;start=0#5 date=07/01/03 at 22:46:51]<br><br><br><br>Seriously...does anyone know where my Sister Mili went?   :(<br><br>[/quote]<br>Mili is fine. I heard from her the other day. She's having problems with her internet connection and is having it fixed. She and the pygmy pony should be back soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:38 am 

[center]Image<br><br>Now what's all this fuss I hear about "Forum Dairy?" Who are all these people who aren't drinking their milk? Now somebody needs to let these people know that.......what?...diary?...oh, well that's different then. <br><br>Never mind.[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:08 pm 

A warm "thank you" to everyone who supplied info on Mili.   :)<br><br>I'd like to think that, if I hadn't posted in over a week, someone would notice!   :o<br><br> :-*  Gypsy Moon Dream

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:20 am 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=rant;num=1057088987;start=0#13 date=07/02/03 at 13:53:31]<br><br>Dear Jarbound - <br>I know that yer letter was addressed to someone named Frank, but I read it anyway.  I'm not sure that I'm glad that I did.  I think you referred to me in it.  Its this sort of 3rd party dialog that is very uncomfortable for members of the forum.  Maybe if you want to persue this line of conversation, a pm would be the way to go?  I noticed that this Frank person didn't reply.  Is this person a member or are you speaking in code?  All of these variables leave me confused.  Since you clearly have some long-range plans going on, I'm hesitant to find out what your mailing address is.  If I see some sort of P.O. Box, I'll know for sure that there is subterfuge going on.  I can see it now... "I live RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the Post Office!".  My mind reels.  My shorts are scared and can't really qualify for the title of "Boxer" any more.<br>Bungling with detournement,<br>- Arkay<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>>sniff<...>sob<...does this mean we're NOT gonna exchange boxers?  :'(...<br><br>And btw,  what does "the tournament" have to do with anything? I'm not even sure what tournament you're talkng about! LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT OUT OF IT!!  >:(<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:56 pm 

Dear Frank:<br><br>I have been feeling a little strange lately.  You know the term "deja vu", well that doesn't quite cover it, but it 's the best I can do.  I go to do something and it's already done.  Like the laundry last night.  I thought, "how nice, my SO did it for me!"  But he denies everything!  I went to take a shower and my towel was already wet.  I also have this strange feeling of being followed.  Other people I know stare at me strangely and shake there heads when I walk in the room.  Like Mr Jar.  I just don't know what to do!  It's driving me crazy!!!!<br>Sabrina<br><br>Me too!<br>Sabrina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:38 am 

Dear Frank,<br><br>                     How's it going? I bet your new pieces sound great with that choir! But tell me, is it a choir of Caucasoid Christian Singers or a group from a black Baptist church in the Deep South? The latter would sound much better, I feel. Do you get a chance to jam with Jimi much? You probably have brought back that "power trio" you always wanted, except you more than likely have Mr. Hendrix and Kieth Moon to play with---bet it sounds sweet!<br>                         I had a question about someone who shares your name, only it's spelled differently. The person in question is Let's Be Fraynk--do you know what's happened to him? I have'nt seen any posts from him since before July...I hate to lose another great forum member. Especially one with such a great knowledge of pop culture references! Hey, how are Ms. Hepburn and Mr. Hackett adjusting to their new surroundings? We miss them both very much down here  :'( Talk to you soon, Dove Grey aka Diane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:51 am 

Dear Frank,<br><br>Question:  Is the music on CPIII as close as we're ever gonna get to a perfectly realized and executed transcription of what you were hearing in your head when you composed it? <br><br>I hope you understand the question, because I'm having trouble with the phrasing. Hopefully you can figger out what I mean. <br><br>Anyway, pleeeease get back to me on this. Appearing in a dream with the answer would be fine.<br><br>Your pal,<br><br>jar

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:22 am 

Dear Frank:<br><br>I listened to half of FZ:OZ for the first time today.  What a treat it is.  I love what you did with large bands and orchestas, (Grand Wazoo, Yellow Shark, etc) but this is marvelous.  A minimal pared down band, so that every musician, every voice rings out clear and loud.  I get to appreciate every nuance and the technical abilities, especially your guitar.  I love the way you lightly skipped over the strings while playing the solo to Black Napkins.  So softly and quick.  And you were having so much fun, I could tell.  There was a smile in your voice everytime you spoke, your ridicuous poodle lecture and the intro to Stinkfoot.<br><br>Yesterday I listened to Lumpy Gravy and then disc one of CIV Phase III.   Lumpy Gravy is no problem for me.  It has become a familiar, if yet weird friend.  The coversations that don't go together, the creaky orchestra, the sound effects, the mindless bouncy pop music, the echoes of King Kong and Oh No (which songs I have come to appreciate on their own since finding you again), the collages of sound, the abrupt changes.<br><br>CPIII is another thing again.  It frightens me, it brings tears to my eyes, I feel some of the music as bodily distress.  Lumpy Gravy sounds quaint and mechanical beside it.  CPII sounds electronic, vast and foreboding.  Is this what you really wanted when you produced LG?  And you just had to except what you could do with it at the time?  Or is CPIII the reflection of the last dark chapter of your life, when you knew the last tour was over and the last note written?  When you at last had no defences left and no reservations?<br><br>These are the questions which come to my mind when I listen to your music, for which there are no answers.  Sometimes all is light and amusing, silly and fun.  Sometimes it is all dark.<br><br>Respectfully<br>Sabrina