Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:34 am 

Do you know what brand Zappa inhaled into his lungs?<br>And if you smoke, what's your brand?<br><br>I still haven't found mine.<br><br>(And please..don't start preaching about smoking's perils).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:03 am 

<br> winston<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:03 pm 

Export A Light   ha ha whatever that is (Canada)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:39 pm 

well well well - if it aint mr. studer hipper hopper the " man without a face " . so stude my old mucker i find it kinda ironic that you of all people, who refuses to divulge a pic of himself to us all suddenly gets his face onto the front page of every newspaper in the world. <br>anyway i see they give you web access and fags in german jails - nice . pitty yer not in a dutch one man - then you would get a daily ration of - you know what. that scoop really got me cracking up stude  -and i thought you had no passport too !!!<br><br>see ya soon stude - ims off to scotland for a week - send yer a card - brb and over and out roger two bravo zero that donkey toujours avec a visit to les distillerys tout les temps at apres ca a la pup pour mucho jovialitys etc..<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:18 pm 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=rant;num=1058466879;start=0#5 date=07/17/03 at 15:46:54]I have never smoked a cig in my whole life, and I never will. If you smoke I think you are an idiot.<br>But of course if you whona have a short life...[/quote]<br><br>My brand of coffin nail's are Marlboro Lites. The Real cowboys are too strong for me now.<br>Yes I am an idiot but I don't preach to others on how they chose to live there lives. Mabe my life will be shorter but it's mine to live. I tend to belive it's quality that counts over quantity Besides the anti-smokers should be glad I'm going to kick the bucket sooner because it means one less of us Bad,Evil smokers is around to stink up there air. See if you can do something about all the cow farts while your at it. ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:41 pm 

[quote author=Anusmaster link=board=rant;num=1058466879;start=0#0 date=07/17/03 at 11:34:39] <br>(And please..don't start preaching about smoking's perils).[/quote]<br>smoking is bad for you.  ;)  why smoke something you don't even get a buzz from?  there are much tastier options out there.........

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:14 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=rant;num=1058466879;start=0#11 date=07/17/03 at 18:47:54]<br><br>Fraudulently intelligent anchorperson speaks:"...and in yet another tobacco-related road fatality, the sixth of its kind this weekend alone..."<br><br>OK. I'm waiting to here something like that! (And that don't mean I b'lieve I won't!!!) ::)<br><br>Hrmmmm..."SARS", "West Nile", "Lyme Disease", "Monkey Pox", "Anthrax" -- how come we're not all dropping dead in the streets?! Aren't we supposed to when there's just one "epidemic" let alone five or six?<br><br>And there's always a "New Study" once or twice a week telling you you really should be dead from something you've been consuming or doing for a long time. ;)<br><br>--Bat<br>[/quote]<br>yeah right?  ive read a couple news articles lately off of refdesk.com (maybe cnn or something) that says all that hoopla about pot smoking actually not causing the long term affects they once claimed.  ive had lyme disease before (thanks lyme ct....3 towns over from my hometown) and it sucks.  the only long term probs ive had are achy legs, especially after a night of drinkin'.  but we all knew not to believe everything we hear/read, even if its from "professionals."  i say live at your own discretions, we're all big boys and girls.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:24 am 

<br> potsmokingisgood.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:34 am 

[quote author=Dirty_Love link=board=rant;num=1058466879;start=0#9 date=07/17/03 at 16:27:00]I rather buy some new Zappa CDs for my money then spend em on cigs.[/quote]<br><br>I remain neutral about the smoking habits of people, but I'm the same way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:12 am 

The last time i saw Frank perform live in montreal he had his guitar tech. bring out a chair and a coffe and he sat there smokin a smoke and sippin a coffe and he said "preety good band huh?"<br>and the whole forum shook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:52 am 

FZ and his Winston's=A winning team<br><br>I don't smoke myself, never have, never will. I never was one of those kids that began because ''my friends'' did it.<br>I never had the urge to try it, strangely enough i did smoke joints for about 2 years when i was about 15 AND i DID inhale, so if you look at it that way... i smoked.<br><br>I wanted to start on januari 1 of 2003, but as with all good intentions, they we're in vain...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:26 pm 

I used to smoke "Winston", but now I smoke "Viceroy" because they are a little cheaper than regular smokes (but a little more than generics).<br><br>"I've been trying to kill myself [with cigarettes], but it isn't working."  Kurt Vonnegut, The Progressive magazine (2003).<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:58 pm 

Image...this is my particular tobacco vice<br><br>It's interesting to note the ' corporate logo'....,which reads in latin..IN HOC SIGNO VINCES...<br>My understanding of the interpretation is..WHEREVER PARTICULAR PEOPLE CONGREGATE... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:01 pm 

lately i've been rolling my own joints.<br>It tastes better than the ordinary ready cigs.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:00 pm 

I don't smoke now, quit the first week of June 1983. But when I did, I started off with ---forgive me---Virginia Slim Menthol Light 100's! :o :o :-X :-X EEeeeewwwww!! Then I tried a pack of Winston Reds just to say to myself I had smoked WHAT FRANK SMOKES(since he was still around in the early '80's. I then settled on Marlboro Light 100's until I quit. Such the lightweight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:00 am 

I've got some new!<br><br><br>I just quit smoking and it's been over a week when I last had one. And I've got to tell you..I feel Great!<br> No more constant tiredness, I've got back some of my sense of smell and taste and I don't have to cough all the time. I just think why I started to poison myself in the first place. I just feel so much healthier!<br><br>I'm not anti-smoking, it's everybodys own business what they want to do to themselves but I know that I won't smoke anymore.<br><br> Anybody who smokes is against life.Image<br><br> Isn't this funny? It wasn't too long ago when I started this topic and now I'm replying against the past me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:49 am 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=rant;num=1058466879;start=15#23 date=08/04/03 at 09:21:22]<br><br>NEW CHEESE, Anusmaster!<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I like cheese.