Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:03 am 

Just watch MTV....<br><br>Enough said !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:04 pm 

Image<br><br>and just check this lyric sample:<br><br>99<br>I've been waiting so long<br>Oh 99<br>Where did we go wrong<br>Oh 99<br>I love you<br><br>????!!!  Where did he go wrong? Did he have an affair with 69?<br><br>

l)
l

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:50 pm 

CÉLINE DION ! <br><br>Awful voice<br>Crappy songs<br>Nothing to say<br>No personnality of her own<br>All over the place<br>Married to a dictator (towards press, TV, radios, and us)<br>Ugly as can be<br>Phony as can be<br>Couldn't have a personal thought even if she tried<br>Stuck with her for a long time to come<br>Impose her family on us (specially her child)<br>Play the humble girl whenever she can<br>Can't stop herself saying stupid things in interviews<br>Can't stop trying to be 'in'<br>Stop real talents from being heard<br><br>Do I need to say more ?<br><br>In fact, I'd like her to do a world tour in every little village in China. That should take care of her for a long long time...away from us. But she'll be in Vegas for the next 3 years, so I guess I should show compassion for the poor americans stuck with her all that time.   :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:56 am 

what about chris de burgh?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:40 am 

First I'd like to say that Spice Girls aren't a band, they're a 'group'. I don't think any manufactured pop crap deserves the title 'band'.<br><br>I'd say Blink 182<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:27 am 

I'd have to say the majority of that nu-metal shite !! Loadsa tattoos , pierced noses/eyes/genitals and thrashing out "power chords" doesn't do it for me . As for Sipknot ?? I just don't get it sorry . <br> ???<br><br>Oh yeah - 80's mullet headed stadium rockers like Toto , REO Speedwagon , Foreigner etc etc too !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:58 am 

I´ve got three words for you folks:<br><br>Jeanmichel Fucking Jarre.<br><br> >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:35 am 

i hate all new music....it makes me puke  :-X<br><br>all mainstream.....YUCK i say....YUCK it very much :-X<br><br>unforunately my sister listens to these kinda crap music all the times.<br>she also wants me to download shit such:<br><br>britney spears(argh)<br>avril lavigne(double-argh)<br>bubbles(tripple-argh)<br><br>and even more<br><br>good that i have parents that sometimes turn of the music when bands/groups like TLC or so are on the radio,i mean i can listen to it but it makes me come in a bad mood (then the confimend loaf doesnt sounds good anymore).<br>generally i can listen to much stuff, but its mostly old music........like Frank Zappa.........thats all i need to say :-/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:21 am 

This morning I had my teeth drilled while they played Fleetwood Mac on the radio.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:59 pm 

They really went well together.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:00 pm 

The gas helped too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:08 pm 

If we are talking artists (those who create, write or perform there own original piece)then I will have to say it would be Puff Daddy P Diddy....whatever the hell is name is.....because he is anything but an artist.   My opinion only!!!!  I don't consider taking someone elses music, putting a techno beat behind it, sampling the life out of it, adding some dumb rhyme over it and calling it my own an artist.  Lets just call him an entertainer.  They don't need to write there own music......But you can have an entertainer/Artist........FRANK ZAPPA.....A pure entertaining musical artist......a true artist......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:13 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=0#3 date=01/21/03 at 19:50:40]CÉLINE DION ! <br><br>Awful voice<br>Crappy songs<br>Nothing to say<br>No personnality of her own<br>All over the place<br>Married to a dictator (towards press, TV, radios, and us)<br>Ugly as can be<br>Phony as can be<br>Couldn't have a personal thought even if she tried<br>Stuck with her for a long time to come<br>Impose her family on us (specially her child)<br>Play the humble girl whenever she can<br>Can't stop herself saying stupid things in interviews<br>Can't stop trying to be 'in'<br>Stop real talents from being heard<br><br>Do I need to say more ?<br><br>In fact, I'd like her to do a world tour in every little village in China. That should take care of her for a long long time...away from us. But she'll be in Vegas for the next 3 years, so I guess I should show compassion for the poor americans stuck with her all that time.   :P[/quote]<br><br><br>Don't give up on Celine just yet...it seems her favorite band is AC/DC.................