Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:17 am 

Just read all six pages, some quality material.  But come on, where is Michael Bolton and John Tesh?  They must be up there on the list..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:52 pm 

How about JAMES TAYLOR! Really bad, and really prolific. I had to go see him once.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:14 pm 

Bono and U2,......CAN'T STAND THEM!!!!!<br><br>System of a Down(s Syndrome)...Are they serious???<br><br>Creed..you mean..Greed?....For the Love of Cripes!!<br><br>Madogga..oops I'm sorry..Madonna..Quit while you can!!<br> <br>SoLean Dion.....................SHUT  UP ALREADY!!!!!<br> <br>There you have my Top 5 "Most Hated list" for 2003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:34 pm 

robbie williams, oasis, the pixies, violent femmes and steely dan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:14 pm 

[quote author=frunie link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=75#87 date=03/24/03 at 18:34:18]robbie williams, oasis, the pixies, violent femmes and steely dan. [/quote]<br><br><br>There are plenty of things worse than the Pixies in the music world, my friend. (I agree with the rest)<br><br>I can understand why someone would not like them, but why not pick on <br>someone who REALLY deserves it?<br>Someone like, say...<br><br>Image

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:22 am 

How about Phil Collins ???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:32 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=90#93 date=03/26/03 at 03:30:46]Well I like Phil, especially in the early Genesis period..Do u know the album A trick of the tail, great stuff  :-*[/quote]<br><br>Great great memories. That album is magic ! Never get tired of listening to it. Great show too.<br><br>Please, bring back the ol' Genesis !!! (with Peter and Steve, or the Trick of the Tail era)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:35 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=90#95 date=03/26/03 at 18:32:33]<br><br>Great great memories. That album is magic ! Never get tired of listening to it. Great show too.<br><br>Please, bring back the ol' Genesis !!! (with Peter and Steve, or the Trick of the Tail era)[/quote]<br><br>HELL YEAH!! Now that would be a reunion worth seeing!

- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:57 am 

Ask all the students in my school about their favorite band and artist. You'd notice that there are no Zappa fans but me. This is some of the stuff they'd like:<br><br>Blink 182<br>Limp Bizkit<br>Sum-41<br>Good Charlotte<br>Emo bands in general<br>Pop-punk in general<br>Kid Rock<br>Linkin Park<br>Disturbed<br>Mudvayne<br>Slipknot<br>System of a Down(though Prison Song and A.D.D. aren't too bad)<br>Nu-metal in general(except for One Minute Silence and Skunk Anansie)<br>The new "Guns n' Roses"<br>Avril Lavigne<br>Eminem<br>White rappers<br>Mainstream rap in general(Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, etc.)<br>Aerosmith<br>Slipknot<br>Any band signed to Roadrunner Records(is there ANYTHING on this label that's worth something ?)<br>Poison<br>Def Leppard<br>Any boy band<br>Most contemporary country<br>Justin Timberlake(he'll be the one crying a river, of BLOOD, someday. I hope)<br><br>I could go on forever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:12 pm 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=90#97 date=04/04/03 at 05:57:13]Ask all the students in my school about their favorite band and artist. You'd notice that there are no Zappa fans but me. This is some of the stuff they'd like:<br><br>Blink 182<br>Limp Bizkit<br>Sum-41<br>Good Charlotte<br>Emo bands in general<br>Pop-punk in general<br>Kid Rock<br>Linkin Park<br>Disturbed<br>Mudvayne<br>Slipknot<br>System of a Down(though Prison Song and A.D.D. aren't too bad)<br>Nu-metal in general(except for One Minute Silence and Skunk Anansie)<br>The new "Guns n' Roses"<br>Avril Lavigne<br>Eminem<br>White rappers<br>Mainstream rap in general(Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, 50 Cent, etc.)<br>Aerosmith<br>Slipknot<br>Any band signed to Roadrunner Records(is there ANYTHING on this label that's worth something ?)<br>Poison<br>Def Leppard<br>Any boy band<br>Most contemporary country<br>Justin Timberlake(he'll be the one crying a river, of BLOOD, someday. I hope)<br><br>I could go on forever.[/quote]<br><br><br>Sounds like a brisk, swift and uncompromising 'Musical Edu-MA-cation' is in order here.<br>How much power do you hold over these misguided children?<br><br>Perhaps you can suggest a 'discover something new' project, where the kids have to <br>come up with something a bit more musically respectable than that horrifying list of MTV waste product.<br>How about 'Adopt-a-Composer' week or something?<br><br>ANYTHING!! These kids are missing out BIG TIME.

- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:20 pm 

[quote author=Homsar link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=90#97 date=04/04/03 at 05:57:13]Ask all the students in my school about their favorite band and artist. You'd notice that there are no Zappa fans but me.<br><br>...System of a Down...[/quote]<br><br>I get the same thing. I do like System Of A Down though. I showed some people the YAWYI cover; they assumed he was crap from the mustache. Most people my age are, unforunately, prejudice and overly fashion concious. If something isn't "cool" then they won't touch it, no way buster. I'm working on them though!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:49 am 

I've said it before,and I'll say it again...<br>U2.....ARE THEY SERIOUS??<br>I can't stand The BLACK CROWS either!!<br>PHIL COLLINS gets on my nerves,<br>MADOGGA,I mean MADONNA sux ass....(probably literally)<br>I could go on for 2 more pages,so STOP ME NOW!!!<br> >:( >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:18 am 

[quote author=6stringmaniac link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=60#74 date=03/18/03 at 15:03:53]<br>you guys forgot about Yoko Ono how could it get any worse than than....[/quote]<br><br>I actually forgave her some after hearing "Goodbye Sadness" on "Seasons of Glass." That doesn't mean that I didn't give the album away soon after buying it, or that I think that there's any reason for her to record music. If we have to have conceptual artists making records, I'd say let's stop with Laurie Anderson.<br><br>But, "Goodbye Sadness" deserves a little respect. The rest is burnable.

Post subject: e
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:16 am 

[quote author=VapoSlob link=board=rant;num=1043087205;start=90#98 date=04/04/03 at 15:12:45]<br><br><br>Sounds like a brisk, swift and uncompromising 'Musical Edu-MA-cation' is in order here.<br>How much power do you hold over these misguided children?<br><br>Perhaps you can suggest a 'discover something new' project, where the kids have to <br>come up with something a bit more musically respectable than that horrifying list of MTV waste product.<br>How about 'Adopt-a-Composer' week or something?<br><br>ANYTHING!! These kids are missing out BIG TIME.[/quote]<br><br>I have ZERO power over them. They are ignorant, assuming, close-minded, conformist, homophobic rednecks who will use denial to their advantage.<br>They will show hatred towards anything that they would consider different.<br>They especially don't like me.<br>They are x10 stronger than I am(one of them, who is SHORTER THAN I AM, was even able to lift me over his SHOULDERS, once), so I cannot use force.<br>It's basically a hopeless cause.<br><br>It makes my blood boil just thinking about their extreme ignorance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next