Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Amos and Andy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:37 am 

odd request.It just so happens, I had tapes of the radio show for years. <br><br>I finally put them in one of my crates along with hundreds of other  cassettes and moved them out to the (dangerous) shed.<br><br>I can dig through it all and see what I can find. I'm not fursure what's on them, I don't remember ever listening to them.<br><br>If I find anything I'll let you know.<br><br><br><br> <br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:49 am 

every so often in my travels I run into an Amos and Andy reference, could anyone tell me what the show was about? and how was it racist/offensive?<br>thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:56 am 

For some reason this little part of a sketch has always stayed with me. I don't know who says it Amos, Andy, or King Fish but it's  cute:  First they splits the atoms into monocles. Then they splits the monocles into morons, protons, and fig newtons.<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:59 am 

[quote author=whatchamacallit link=board=rant;num=1042187356;start=0#2 date=01/10/03 at 05:22:32]<br>anyway, if you happen to find something, it would be great if we could organize me getting them, or copies thereof. i am sure we will find some sort of deal...<br><br>tom[/quote]Real good deal-o!<br><br>No problemo watchamacallo. If I can find the tapes I will be glad to send them your way.<br><br>[quote author=five-five-FIVE link=board=rant;num=1042187356;start=0#3 date=01/10/03 at 06:44:06]I thinks I done broke my sacro-crackerjack![/quote]<br><br>I swordfish you dibbin do dat<br><br><br>[quote author=Son_of_SomeKCheese link=board=rant;num=1042187356;start=0#5 date=01/10/03 at 11:49:45]every so often in my travels I run into an Amos and Andy reference, could anyone tell me what the show was about? and how was it racist/offensive?<br>thanks[/quote]<br><br>Well, it was a little before my time, so i's just be specumalatin'<br>But I think for starters, the fact that A&A was white folks in black face may have be offendin'..<br><br>Other than that I think negative stereotyping was a cause of concern. But, like I said I'm only guessing.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:40 am 

eyes is wuhite. My brudder man Marc am black. Tugethum we am de undercuvum amos an andum. Holjawud be sneejin a luk at hour style but we be luaghin at dem cocksuckas. Oh mammy nun! If youze could see me now!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:09 pm 

[quote author=whatchamacallit link=board=rant;num=1042187356;start=0#2 date=01/10/03 at 05:22:32]that would be tremenejous, sir galoot, simply tremenjous.[/quote]<br><br>It will be ready this weekend. If you still want it.<br>'8)'<br>~<br><br>Thanks for the info jimmie d... All I knew for sure about it, was that my Grandfather always talked about them, and what I learned from Thing Fish.<br><br>I did kina wonder, why the black face for the radio? But after listening to the tape I see that it was a live audience show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:18 pm 
Banned

I've never seen a episode of the Amos 'N Andy TV series. I did see Check and Double Check, though.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:19 pm 

...I "hoid" that Bill Cosby bought up all the rights to that and the old racist cartoon "Lil Black Sambo"....so dat it cain't be exploited no' mo'... ;D ;D ;D ;D....and I couldn't blame him!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:33 pm 
Banned

Nope, it's public domain. You can buy it on about a billion different low-budget cartoon comps.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:01 pm 

You can download all of the available episodes on The Internet Archive, original poster that had his/her post deleted!